So all of a sudden Edgar is a "natural 135er"?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/6...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

This is like Aldo/edgar 1's instant shot. after the 2 losses to Bendo.
Now that he has 2 losses to Aldo, he obviously earned another titleshot in a lower weight class again...
CTUFVexXAAAS5zG.png

*Mod Edit: No where in the article did Frankie or his coach say he "deserved" an immediate title shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude is small as fuck, I have no trouble believing in that. He doesn't deserve a title shot though and Cruz would smoke him

His coach has ALWAYS said Frankie would have fought at 135 if such a division existed when he started.

I don't mind if he gets an immediate title shot at the BW belt. the clear #1 contender is TJ and that fight just happened. frankie is very strong everywhere and can absolutely beat Cruz.

Goddamn...i really dont wanna watch edgar and cruz play dancing with the stars for 5 rounds.

Edgar needs to get KO'd to realize his gatekeeper status.

Cody is getting a title shot before TJ or Edgar, so long as he defeats Mizugaki

Edgar would have some cool fights at 135 but I don't think Cruz would be one of them.

He does because he should have got his title shot at FW but instead they fed him to Aldo again.

Cruz vs Edgar FTW

This fight is a fight fans dream. Winner gets TJ.
I don't see it as a fight fans dream. I see it looking a little bit like Edgar/Urijah with Edgar this time being the man a slight step behind. Obviously different styles at play with Cruz in the mix, but I don't see an astoundingly exciting fight unraveling if it happens.

I like him at 135, as far as instant title shot, I dunno.
Wouldn't be out of line with the usual matchmaking and contenders being passed over.

Given that they offered him title fights at 135 lbs before, this is not a new development. He's basically a bantamweight although in the new anti-weight cutting UFC, he may not be anymore.

Back