So all of a sudden Edgar is a "natural 135er"?

If he can comfortably make the weight, he is.
You try too hard.

He does because he should have got his title shot at FW but instead they fed him to Aldo again.

Cruz vs Edgar FTW

This fight is a fight fans dream. Winner gets TJ.
That was his title shot though. Edgar was going to eventually have to fight Aldo again regardless. Aldo has his number. Even if Edgar got the belt from McGregor, Aldo would of just taken it from him. He absolutely doesn't deserve an instant title shot.
However I will say, a Cruz vs Edgar fight would be awesome. I have Cruz winning btw.

I didn't mind bader and condit. I would mind thompson for sure! TJ had his title shot not too long ago. He has one fight after losing to cruz I think. It's not an obvious #1 contender as wonderboy, who is on a 7 win streak IIRC with a good amount of great wins with highlight heel finishes... don't say it's similar cause it's not
We need more consistency. We wonder why these guys are skipped. Your reasons from Thompson can be transferred to Bader. Bader was on a 5 fight winning streak. A streak that not even Cormier could say he was on in the LHW division. Cormier didn't even have 5 wins in the UFC.

You are right, it's not the same. Bader was more deserving.

No one in BW history is as "deserving" of a title match as Dillashaw. Why do you give a shit if they have fought before? Are you making money from non-rematches? How does that diminish him?

He looked signifcantly smaller than Aldo so I think he can easily make the weight.

I get your line of thinking, its not crazy, but my instincts don't say to chase a belt at all costs.

Dom is a horrific matchup for Edgar because they share similar strengths - highly mobile, impossible cardio, excellent wrestling. Edgar gets hit quite a bit more often but he's got a chin on him.

Featherweight is having a renaissance and is a much more important division in the sport, and has the largest payday possible as the champion. Bantam is fun for us hardcore fans but is largely ignored by the rest of the world.

The risk -vs- reward doesn't really stack up.

I understand your concerns, but Edgar seems like the kind guy who will chase the belt wherever he think he can.

That being said, I agree that maybe Edgar don't have too much to offer against the Dominator speed and footwork, I would pay to see this anyway.

Now the division relevance is really a problem. bw isn't deep as fw, but Cody Garbrant or Thomas Almeida are some good young bloods, Lineker is doing good too, so maybethis is the better time to leverage the division and Frank is a great name itself.

Well, I really looking foward for Edgar next moves!

We need more consistency. We wonder why these guys are skipped. Your reasons from Thompson can be transferred to Bader. Bader was on a 5 fight winning streak. A streak that not even Cormier could say he was on in the LHW division. Cormier didn't even have 5 wins in the UFC.

You are right, it's not the same. Bader was more deserving.

No one in BW history is as "deserving" of a title match as Dillashaw. Why do you give a shit if they have fought before? Are you making money from non-rematches? How does that diminish him?
I'm all for respecting the division and the rankings, and giving the shots to the most deserving. with TJ, he is definitely the next in line because he is the #2 and beat the #3. it doesn't get better than that. but the fact that he just lost to the champion matters. I care about it when it comes to how much fighter x deserves a title shot next. if he never had a chance and didn't just lose to the champion, of course that matters... I thought dillashaw deserved an immediate rematch even. gave him that fight. but it is what it is. I won't care as much about frankie getting a BW title shot as I'd care if wonderboy got sidelined for nick diaz. or jacare for henderson. because those are abhorrent.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/6...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

This is like Aldo/edgar 1's instant shot. after the 2 losses to Bendo.
Now that he has 2 losses to Aldo, he obviously earned another titleshot in a lower weight class again...
CTUFVexXAAAS5zG.png

*Mod Edit: No where in the article did Frankie or his coach say he "deserved" an immediate title shot.
I don't know about natural but he can certainly make that cut. People love Edgar and they want to see him win another belt. With 145 no longer an option it's not surprising.

I understand your concerns, but Edgar seems like the kind guy who will chase the belt wherever he think he can.

That being said, I agree that maybe Edgar don't have too much to offer against the Dominator speed and footwork, I would pay to see this anyway.

Now the division relevance is really a problem. bw isn't deep as fw, but Cody Garbrant or Thomas Almeida are some good young bloods, Lineker is doing good too, so maybethis is the better time to leverage the division and Frank is a great name itself.

Well, I really looking foward for Edgar next moves!

All fair points - but one thing truly dwarfs the others - right now the featherweight champion is the biggest name in the sport, and it isn't close.

Beating and honestly even fighting Conor will raise your profile and career earnings in a substantial way.

Meanwhile, Dom is complaining he doesn't make enough money, because, frankly, he doesn't make much. Bantamweight is a hardcore MMA fan division that is entirely ignored by the public and presents few big pay days.

If Edgar gets another win or two, he might be in for the biggest payday possible in MMA right now.

After the second "loss" to Bendo, he should had go down two weight classes, not just one. He would have wooped Barão's ass. Then defend the belt until the superfight with Cruz, and then go up to FW when Aldo and Conor moved to LW.

He would have been by now the one and only three divisions champ.

Cruz Edgar would be nightmarishly dance-y

Every time he loses Sherdog claims he is a natural *insert lower weightclass* haha. if he fought for flyweight belt and lost everyone on here would say he is a natural *atomweight 105*. when do the excuses end when he can't win a fight.

They should make Frankie vs Cruz and as the co-main have TJ vs Garbrandt just because it would be fun.

Aldo looked a weight class bigger than him.

Edgar vs Cruz while Cody vs TJ fight for the next title shot.. Faber can fight Manny, Almaieda can fight Sterling, Takeya can fight Sergio Pettis, Caraway can fight Assuncao and Dodson is already fighting Lineker.. Marlon comes over give him TJ or Assuncao or Takeya, Dantas comes over give him Almaeida or Sterling or Sergio.

Frankie walks around 155ish and fought people who cut 20lbs at LW. Cruz walks at 155ish and dehydrates 20lbs and fights at BW. Frankie and Cruz are natural LW's.

Their optimal weight class based solely on what fighters at BW usually weigh in the cage is BW. If Frankie's performance decreases from the weight cut at BW he is a optimal FW in my opinion.

Hes 5'6" walks around at 165.... around same size as cruz. Id love to eatch that fight

Back