So all of a sudden Edgar is a "natural 135er"?

Edgar is a natural champ. Shame he was robbed against Bendo. Aldo is the goat fw and Edgar is so small that 135s just make sense, and I think he deserves a imediate ts.

To me the question isn't so much whether he deserves it; I agree it's hard to think of any contender at 135 with a record to match Edgar's. Rather, I think he would be well advised to take a non-title fight or two to get his bearings at that weight before he goes up against the champion.

I would love to see Edgar vs Cruz. Love it

But no more instant title shots. Have him face Dillashaw at 135 or some other contender first at weight. I know he beat Faber, but he should at least show he can perform as well with the cut first

I wouldn't mind seeing him at BW but please, no instant title shot. They've placated him enough with generous title shots. I agree with the Caraway option, but Assuncao and Sterling are also good enough fights.

He was the champ at 155 and I would imagine the cut to 35 would have been rough. As soon as his title.claims at 55 ended he jumped down.

The cut to 135 would have been rough when he was champion at 155 but not when he started out? Does that mean he bulked up to fight at LW?

iZAGkJC.jpg
It's like grown ups laughing at their sons due to their size

Lol at a former UFC champion and legend being referred to as a gatekeeper. What does that make Michael fuckin Bisping? A journeyman or can?
Yes.

And also robbing BJ Penn, ducking Pettis, getting his ass beat by Aldo and Bendo twice, beating an old worn out Faber and some other 145 bums, etc...does not make you a legend. It makes you something else that I'm not going to say.

Yes.

And also robbing BJ Penn, ducking Pettis, getting his ass beat by Aldo and Bendo twice, beating an old worn out Faber and some other 145 bums, etc...does not make you a legend. It makes you something else that I'm not going to say.
Lol you have the worst name on Sherdog. First Penn fight not a robbery and Edgar ACTUALLY WAS robbed in the secon Henderson fight. One of the worst title fight decisions of all time. Who are your legends?

Because he was the fucking LW champion when it happened.

He was. But then he got robbed and decided it would be a good idea to keep fighting bigger athletes. Something apparently changed his assessment of the wisdom of fighting at 135 between the start of his career and his losing the LW belt. I just wondered what it was.

Yes.

fredgar is a legend dog.

Give him a top ten guy at 135 and if he wins dominantly id like to see him fight Cruz

Yes.

I remember virtually every milestone in his career differently than you do, except for that last fight with Aldo. But I especially want to emphasize that one fighter cannot rob a decision from another; it's the judges who can rob a fighter. (I'm in the camp that thinks Edgar's win was perfectly deserved and I was rooting for Penn at the time.)

I don't mind if he gets an immediate title shot at the BW belt. the clear #1 contender is TJ and that fight just happened. frankie is very strong everywhere and can absolutely beat Cruz.
Lineker is the number one contender he's won 9 of his last. 10. Lineker is the future champ.

Yes.

BooThisMan.gif

Lol you have the worst name on Sherdog. First Penn fight not a robbery and Edgar ACTUALLY WAS robbed in the secon Henderson fight. One of the worst title fight decisions of all time. Who are your legends?
Lol! Edgar nuthugger detected! So it's okay for Penn to get robbed because Hendo 'robbed' Edgar!

The true Legends of the sport are Silva, Fedor, Cruz, Jones, Aldo, GSP, Penn, Saku, Couture, Dan Henderson, etc...

Lineker is the number one contender he's won 9 of his last. 10. Lineker is the future champ.
I'm fine with lineker, caraway or TJ being next in line. but if frankie comes down to BW, you gotta admit his legendary status and FW ranking would be more than enough to grant him a title shot. if there was some clearer contender, I'd be against that but there really isn't.

The cut to 135 would have been rough when he was champion at 155 but not when he started out? Does that mean he bulked up to fight at LW?

He pretty much cut 5 pounds at the most when he was at LW

Frankie Edgar: I'm probably around 157. I walk around at 160, but I don't get back to that. Generally around 11 or 12 pounds.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/1...-fight-urijah-faber-catchweight-mma-interview

Old link but he stated in numerous interviews he's around 155-160 at the most.

Lol! Edgar nuthugger detected! So it's okay for Penn to get robbed because Hendo 'robbed' Edgar!

The true Legends of the sport are Silva, Fedor, Cruz, Jones, Aldo, GSP, Penn, Saku, Couture, Dan Henderson, etc...
The first Penn fight was close. I don't think you understand what constitutes a robbery. Sanchez vs Pearson, Garcia vs TKZ and Phan. You don't even speak English you speak Shertardian.

Couture who I love has an average record and Hendo who I love hasn't won a ufc title. Fedor has no UFC appearances. I am talking UFC legends here.

He is a natural 135er

And if you think he actually lost twice to Bendo your opinion on anything mma related is meaningless

Back