Movies SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS (New Trailer Released)

If you have seen SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
Pass. Ninjas haven't been cool since the 80's.

In a podcast, they said some Storm Shadow swordplay stuff maybe in trailers or BTS footage never made it into the actual movie, so I'm guessing there will be a director's cut after the regular disc release. I'll rent, then wait for that disc version.

Also hoping they undo the shaky cam footage I heard from podcast.

I saw a report saying VOD release is tomorrow. Can't wait... to see if it's as shitty as some reviewers made it sound. I saw some bootleg clip on youtube and Storm Shadow looked so wild and clumsy trying to fight the other Japanese ninja bad guy.

iTunes has it for rental: $19.99. I suppose safer than theaters and need to support the GI Joe franchise.

Last edited:
Gotta be better than Tatum movie and The Rock movie. Baroness makes sexy faces.

7 out of 10

Not bad at all. After you accept that the Hollywood jerk off big wigs didn't use the well done comic origin and made their own origin that was missing several key character elements from the comic, it's not that bad a movie. I liked it much better than any FOX X-Men/Wolverine/Deadpool movies or Transformers. It's a decent movie for non-GI Joe fans.

It has a bunch of things where someone should have dared to speak out against during production and prevented them from doing something lame. At least a few scenes in the trailers weren't in the movie like Baroness saying I know you Snake Eyes with flirty facial expression, someone throwing like a spear and all these henchmen dodge it until the guy at the end gets it.

Much better than the prior two GI Joe live action movies. This new Scarlett lacks charisma and her voice sounds weird. I can't help think they couldn't be satisfied with the way she delivered her lines. They should have cast a prettier Japanese actress for Akiko.

If they make more live action GI Joe movies, they should not use the same creative team from this movie. Fire the producer, director, writers and get someone who's a GI Joe fan and has respect for the source material comics and original cartoon. I couldn't help wondering how much of the budget went towards those "Japanese culture" scenes with the drumming, the kimono dancing, the freaky bling bling van dancing, etc. featured in the opening and ending credits. Completely unnecessary.

I can't help think there has to be a director's cut re-release. I suspect they cut too much cool stuff.

On second time watching, I realized the guy with transparent umbrella was Larry Hama. I originally assumed he was past prime old henchman. They should have given him some Stan Lee type cameo with semi-funny line.

Andrew Koji stole the show and made it Storm Shadow Origins, not Snake Eyes Origins.

In a Full Force podcast interview with the SE dad actor, he said in one of the takes, he said to kid SE, what you think I'm gonna steal your Transformers? What made it into the movie was, you think I'm gonna steal your baseball cards?

Saw this was on Amazon so watched it , good lord it's bad. And it cost $110 mil to make .

Saw this was on Amazon so watched it , good lord it's bad. And it cost $110 mil to make .
The creative team should be demoted to doing pet food commercials.

The girl ninja actress showed her boobs and pussy in some other acting role. Surprisingly not flatchested.

Back