Movies SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS (New Trailer Released)

If you have seen SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
I looked at yojoes.com showing the newer ones, and you'd think the newer ones would have better sculpts, but they looked like weird proportions. Have you seen the custom Snake Eyes and Stormshadow people made in 6" scale? Some are not bad. I saw one video where the guy said he made a Snake Eyes out of Marvel Legends parts and didn't have to paint anything. He just mixed and matched various black parts from other Marvel characters like Walmart Black Panther and Deadpool.
those marvel legends toys look great , lots of joints, I just wish they made old school types of Joes like that with actual guns again, but no kids can be playing with guns anymore.

those marvel legends toys look great , lots of joints, I just wish they made old school types of Joes like that with actual guns again, but no kids can be playing with guns anymore.
Recently, I've seen imitation GI Joe at Target, Sam's Club. Couldn't really tell what company made them. Maybe some misc China company. They were multipacks and a fake F-22/F-35 at Target disappeared fast. I think these may have been same 3.75" scale.

From the custom Marvel Legends videos, seems some people cast their own pistols and submachine guns out of resin and sell them on ebay. Swords too.

Update: May 13, 2021

First Official Images from SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS, First Look at Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Scarlett and the Baroness

As shown in EW's exclusive first-look photos, Henry Golding stars as the lead of Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins, which delves into the beginnings of this mysterious figure. "It was one of the reasons why we picked the backstory [of] 'How did he become Snake Eyes?'" producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura mentions. "It allows him to talk, which was very helpful."

It's also beneficial to see Golding outside the Snake Eyes helmet, which is typically always fixed on the character's head. Always. But you just don't hide the silver-screen good looks of the 34-year-old Crazy Rich Asians star behind a feature-less mask.

Directed by Robert Schwentke and set to premiere in theaters (yes, theaters) this July 23, the film sees the man who will eventually become Snake Eyes as a scarred individual. Without getting into too many details, di Bonaventura says, "His life has now been completely and utterly affected by this scar." It's in this state, as he's "driven by the wrong motivations," where he's taken under the wing of Tommy (Warrior's Andrew Koji), better known to Joe fans as Storm Shadow, a member of the Arashikage ninja clan.

Facing three trials in order to be inducted into the clan will also see Snake cross paths with Akiko, played by Haruka Abe (Disney's live-action Cruella), whom Golding calls "phenomenal in this film" and will "really pop."

Golding did the work. He mentions five-hour sessions of choreography every day, followed by an hour and a half of one-on-one training, and then "a solid two-and-a-half hours of script work." That wasn't an issue. When he was first in talks for the role, it was important to him that they didn't make "a cookie-cutter movie." "Myself and Robert, we went for lunch and I was like, 'It has to be different. It has to feel fresh,'" he recalls.

After making movies like RED, Allegiant, and The Captain, Schwentke took an approach to Snake Eyes that paid homage to his love of Japanese samurai movies, especially chanbara (sword-fighting films). "We had one green screen set and the rest was all practical," Golding says. "I think the film really has this link with martial arts."

Production brought in Kenji Tanigaki, a stunt coordinator and director on movies like Legend of Seven Monks and Enter the Fat Dragon. And, of course, some of the cast members, including international martial arts megastar Iko Uwais (The Raid, Wu Assassins) as Hard Master, also know how to execute physical feats. (Uwais in Snake Eyes "isn't a huge role," says di Bonaventura, but he's "so much fun.")

Samara Weaving (Ready or Not, Bill & Ted Face the Music) appears in the film as Scarlett, one of the original members of the G.I. Joe team. Actress Rachel Nichols once played the character in the Rise of Cobra film. Now, Weaving's iteration will be drawn into Snake's story after he "gets his nose into something," di Bonaventura explains, which then also brings in The Baroness.

https://ew.com/movies/snake-eyes-fi...twitter.com&utm_term=609d4d40ef644500012b7c6a

Is John kerchanskt really doing fantastic four or was that a fake trailer

Update: May 16, 2021

First Official Trailer for SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS Starring Henry Golding

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins stars Henry Golding as Snake Eyes, a tenacious loner who is welcomed into an ancient Japanese clan called the Arashikage after saving the life of their heir apparent. Upon arrival in Japan, the Arashikage teach Snake Eyes the ways of the ninja warrior while also providing something he’s been longing for: a home. But, when secrets from his past are revealed, Snake Eyes’ honor and allegiance will be tested – even if that means losing the trust of those closest to him.

Based on the iconic G.I. Joe character, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins also stars Andrew Koji as Storm Shadow, Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness, Samara Weaving as Scarlett, Haruka Abe as Akiko, Tahehiro Hira as Kenta and Iko Uwais as Hard Master. Only in theatres July 23.

MTV award show now. Just showed teh trailer.

So far, not impressed by the trailer. I’ll reserve more judgment when the next trailer comes out and especially when I watch it.

I prefer the backstory where Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, Stalker were war squadmates and Stormshadow saved Snake Eyes during ambush and other characters were involved in that battle.

Looks like Fast & Furious: Ninja.

Snake Eyes isn't Asian.

This is worse than a Mortal Kombat movie with no Johnny Cage and no tournament.

Directors and whatnot trying to "fix" things are killing integral elements of these franchises.

The dancer guy who played Duke in G.I. Joe totally ruined the franchise.

As a GI Joe comic and toy fan, I hate it.

As a fan of ninja, I’ll watch it…and then hate it.

I have the same mentality from reading the comics, too. I didn't even like the cartoon. If Larry Hama isn't directly involved, it's shit.

I recently learned Apple TV has an iTunes movie trailer app that has the trailer and some short talkie video.

I'm reading a bunch of consecutive issues of the old Marvel GI Joe comic and they should recreate the relationships where the characters volunteer to risk their lives to save each other like Storm Shadow saving Snake Eyes who was left for dead by Stalker in order to save the rest of his men, Scarlett's loyalty to Snake Eyes, Snake Eyes going solo to rescue Scarlett from Destro's castle, etc.

Also, HUGE mistake having Baroness with fugly short haircut. What were they thinking?

International trailer that has a bunch of different footage.

After seeing the trailers and international trailer, I'm guessing this movie has to be much better than the first two live action movies with Tatum and The Rock.

The actors in this new movie seem more serious and less lame. The story can't be worse than the first two.

Back