Movies SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS (New Trailer Released)

If you have seen SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
I dug out and watched the first hour of the GI Joe animated movie and that was better than both live action movies.

I'm looking to rewatch the origin of Serpentor episodes.

Update: August 23, 2019

Warrior Actor Andrew Koji to Play Storm Shadow in SNAKE EYES

DcBcjSI.jpg

“Warrior” headliner Andrew Koji has been cast as Storm Shadow in the “G.I. Joe” movie spinoff “Snake Eyes,” multiple individuals with knowledge of the project tell TheWrap exclusively.

“Crazy Rich Asians” breakout Henry Golding is set to play Snake Eyes.

“Snake Eyes,” the third live-action film based on the “G.I. Joe” toy line, will focus on the origins of the fan-favorite character known for his masked face, black commando uniform and ninja training. Robert Schwentke, the director of “Red” and “R.I.P.D.,” is set to direct “Snake Eyes” for Paramount and Allspark Pictures, in association with Skydance. The film will be released on Oct. 16, 2020.

Storm Shadow, like Snake Eyes, was created by Marvel Comics writer-editor Larry Hama. He debuted in 1984 on the pages of Marvel’s “G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero” comic series, before appearing that same year in the second “G.I. Joe” animated miniseries produced by Sunbow Entertainment. As depicted in the comics, Storm Shadow is a Japanese-American special forces soldier and member of the fictional Arashikage ninja clan, who was once friends with Snake Eyes before becoming his bitter enemy. The two eventually end up on opposite sides of the conflict between G.I. Joe and the terrorist organization COBRA.

“Beauty and The Beast” screenwriter Evan Spiliotopoulos wrote the screenplay. The story centers on Snake Eyes’ origins where he tries to become a member of the Arashikage Clan, a ninja clan based in Japan. According to “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide,” the Arashikage worked as shadowy assassins for generations, using deception to earn their keep as ninjas, as well as developing a reputation for being able to perform impossible tasks. Known as the Young Master, Storm Shadow studied under his uncles, clan leaders Hard Master and Soft Master. Storm Shadow was poised to continue the family business and inherit stewardship of the clan, but Snake Eyes proved to be an amazingly quick study.

Andrew Koji is a British actor of mixed Japanese and English heritage and is known for his TV roles in “The Wrong Mans,” “Call the Midwife,” “The Innocents.” Koji plays the lead role of Ah Sahm in HBO/Cinemax action crime series “Warrior.”

https://www.thewrap.com/andrew-koji-storm-shadow-gi-joe-snake-eyes/

Well.. origin stories seem to be the best.... so lets have it.

Read something with either the director or writer talking about "fixing" Snake Eyes by making him Asian.

Kinda feels like that was a big deal of the character.. Blond haired, blue eyed white guy being an outsider in an Asian ninja clan and gaining their respect. ...all the while being mute. Not to mention GI Joe being written by a Japanese American.

Feels like Hollywood doesn't understand what makes GI Joe, GI Joe, anyways so they might as well just fuck it all up.

Wonder if Hama's even being consulted with any of this GI Joe shit or if it'll be a similar situation with Takei and Kelvin Sulu being gay.

**edit**

"Despite the numerous entertainment news posts, there is no official wording on the potential casting of Henry Golding as the titular protagonist of G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes live action movie. However, Larry Hama; who was instrumental in developing the character, spoke to his fans via Facebook regarding several news outlets accusing him for not having Snake Eyes as an Asian character originally.

“Some people are saying that casting Golding “fixes” the character of Snake-Eyes, but I disagree. I had wanted to keep him ambiguous until HASBRO introduced Storm-shadow as the only Asian character and made him a bad guy. I decided to “fix” that by delving into his background and gradually turning him into a good guy. This is why Snake-Eyes is a white guy.”"

Last edited:
Larry Hama would fucking shoot up those offices.

(*Larry Hama carried assault weapons with him as standard course. In a briefcase. According to Larry Hama. :rolleyes:)

I thought you were referring to the Snake Eyes movie with Nicolas Cage and Gary Sinise.

SnakeEyesPoster.jpg

A Japanese actor playing a Japanese ninja makes me feel like is normal.

I saw some podcast blurb or something saying Baroness is in the movie. Is it going to be the same actress who was able to produce big cleavage with small boobies?

I'm rewatching the first movie and the Snake Eyes mask had a nose and lips.

This asshole doesn't even talk?

Can anyone say comedy sidekick? Rob Schneider could probably use the work
Snake Eyes' sidekick should be Rachel Nichols as Scarlett running around bouncing her perfect natural boobs around.

Snake Eyes can't talk. He was disfigured and made mute when he was on patrol with Stalker and Tommy Arishikage (Storm Shadow) in Vietnam. That's why he wears the mask.

He would love to talk, he just can't anymore.
It's modern day G.I. Joe. If they can make nano whatevers that eat metal tanks and stuff, they can rebuild his voicebox, etc.

I need to read the old Marvel G.I. Joe comics.

This will probably suck shit.

Anyone remotely interested in this character should just track down & enjoy the ‘silent issue’ of G.I. Joe, which has no dialogue. All Snake Eyes. It’s amazing.

latest
I use to have a huge collection of those old Marvel GI Joe comics (including this one). Hands down my favorite reading as a kid.

It's modern day G.I. Joe. If they can make nano whatevers that eat metal tanks and stuff, they can rebuild his voicebox, etc.

I need to read the old Marvel G.I. Joe comics.

In the new comics (not Marvel), Firefly is a total bad@$$!

I had no idea there were GI Joe comics other than Marvel.

As a kid, I used to go to the toy aisle and look at the back of all of the GI Joe packages looking to see if any of them were from my home state.

Nope.

Storm Shadow, like Snake Eyes, was created by Marvel Comics writer-editor Larry Hama. He debuted in 1984 on the pages of Marvel’s “G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero” comic series, before appearing that same year in the second “G.I. Joe” animated miniseries produced by Sunbow Entertainment. As depicted in the comics, Storm Shadow is a Japanese-American special forces soldier and member of the fictional Arashikage ninja clan, who was once friends with Snake Eyes before becoming his bitter enemy.

I don't know why, but for some reason it really grinds my gears that Larry Hama will always be more known for GI Joe. Never mind that he had one of the greatest runs as a writer when he wrote Wolverine for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS. He literally saved that book from cancellation and developed that character and life story more than anyone else. Yes, even more than the mighty Chris Claremont.

Larry Hama would fucking shoot up those offices.

(*Larry Hama carried assault weapons with him as standard course. In a briefcase. According to Larry Hama. :rolleyes:)

He used to have a .357 snubbie on him at all times.

See, one of the reasons Larry was so good at writing Wolverine and especially qualified to be the first writer to tackle the Team X origin and backstory is that Larry's a Vietnam Vet (89B).

This will probably suck shit.

Anyone remotely interested in this character should just track down & enjoy the ‘silent issue’ of G.I. Joe, which has no dialogue. All Snake Eyes. It’s amazing.

latest
iTunes has G.I. Joe Classics Vol. 3 for only $1.99 and has this issue as the first issue and total 10 issues including the Vietnam Snake Eyes/Stormshadow origin story. Great price! The publisher isn't Marvel, but these are the Marvel issues I had as a kid. Would have been better with better artist.

Gonna need to research to find these modern Firefly issues.

Back