Movies SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS (New Trailer Released)

If you have seen SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
Update: September 6, 2019

The Raid's Iko Uwais Joins the Cast as Hard Master in SNAKE EYES

lyfp9cN.jpg

Iko Uwais, the star of the bone-crunching Indonesian action movie The Raid and The Raid 2, is in negotiations to suit up for the G.I. Joe spinoff, Snake Eyes. Paramount, Skydance and Hasbro’s movie arm AllSpark Pictures are behind the project that has Robert Schwentke directing.

Crazy Rich Asians star Henry Golding is toplining Snake Eyes, playing the titular ninja commando that was a breakout when Hasbro and Marvel Comics relaunched the Joe line in the 1980s.

Evan Spiliotopoulos wrote the script for the solo installment, which is said to center on Snake Eyes seeking revenge for his father’s death by joining a ninja clan and in the process finding acceptance.

Andre Koji is already set to play Storm Shadow, a ninja who is both Snake Eyes’ blood bother and archenemy.

Uwais will play Hard Master, Snake Eyes’ tough as nails teacher who is also a skilled sword master.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner are among the producers for the action thriller that shoots in Vancouver and Tokyo this fall.

Since breaking out with the acclaimed Raid films, Uwais has popped up in several high-profile Hollywood movies, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Mark Wahlberg’s Mile 22 among them. He last appeared as the villain in this summer’s Stuber opposite Dave Bautista and Kumail Nanjiani.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-talks-join-gi-joe-spinoff-snake-eyes-1237447

Good ole GI Joe names....

Last edited:
In one of the two live action movies, Snake Eyes couldn't talk because he made a vow of silence.

In the Marvel comic, Snake Eyes received gunfire damage in 'Nam and was saved by Stormshadow mostly and Stalker and the copter gunners/pilot, but could still talk. Later in a copter on copter crash when going back to save Scarlett who got stuck in a copter about to go down, he got blasted in the face by super hot gases and then couldn't talk.

I just finished re-reading the two parts of Snake Eyes' origin comics.

I saw an article saying the comics killed off Snake Eyes, replaced him with another guy who had vocal cord damage so bad guys wouldn't know Snake Eyes is dead, and there's a woman Snake Eyes who accidentally had Snake Eyes' memories implanted.

Update: September 26, 2019

Money Heist Breakout Star Ursula Corbero to Play Baroness in SNAKE EYES

CTh7fSA.jpg

“Money Heist” breakout star Úrsula Corberó has closed a deal to play the Baroness in Paramount’s “G.I. Joe” spinoff “Snake Eyes,” an individual with knowledge of the deal exclusively told TheWrap.

“Crazy Rich Asians” breakout Henry Golding is set to play Snake Eyes. “Warrior” headliner Andrew Koji is playing Storm Shadow.

“Snake Eyes,” the third live-action film based on the “G.I. Joe” toy line, will focus on the origins of the fan-favorite character known for his masked face, black commando uniform and ninja training. Robert Schwentke, the director of “Red” and “R.I.P.D.,” is set to direct “Snake Eyes” for Paramount and Allspark Pictures, in association with Skydance. The film will be released on Oct. 16, 2020.

“Beauty and The Beast” screenwriter Evan Spiliotopoulos wrote the screenplay, and Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner are producing.

The story centers on Snake Eyes’ origins where he tries to become a member of the Arashikage Clan, a ninja clan based in Japan. According to “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide,” the Arashikage worked as shadowy assassins for generations, using deception to earn their keep as ninjas, as well as developing a reputation for being able to perform impossible tasks.

Corberó is best known for her roles in the television series “Fisica o Quimica,” “Isabel,” “La embajada” and “La casa de papel,” which was acquired by Netflix in 2017 and was retitled “Money Heist.” She also starred in films like “Paranormal Xperience 3D,” and “El Arbol de La Sangre.”

https://www.thewrap.com/ursula-corbero-baroness-gijoe-snake-eyes/

She was hot in Money Heist. I approve.

a2ZBZMp_700b.jpg

Hard Master and Soft Master

{<doc}

Mixed feelings about Corbero. I liked her in Money Heist, but she's pretty Spanish, and wasn't the Baroness supposed to be Russian?

Snake Eyes was my favorite GI Joe as a kid and he provided some of the best momemts of the movie, but he should not carry his own movie. Best in small doses in my opinion.

However if they do make this, I hope he doesnt speak and uses sign language. But that is a personal preference so my son who is deaf will be interested and watch the movie.
They ruined the story in the GI Joe movie. He was a homeless white kid in Japan. The comic story was really good. Especially if it takes place in the 80s and have them meet in Vietnam, like how the comic revolved around Vietnam War vets

Mixed feelings about Corbero. I liked her in Money Heist, but she's pretty Spanish, and wasn't the Baroness supposed to be Russian?

Baroness was more so vaguely central/eastern Euro, nothing set in stone in the 80's-early 90's era.

I just care if she can produce the requisite tight outfit cleavage and looks sexy in glasses.

Is she still Duke's exGF and Cobra Commander's sis, or is this reboot?

Update: October 3, 2019

Haruka Abe Joins the Cast of G.I. Joe Movie Spinoff SNAKE EYES

K1S8PiT.jpg

Haruka Abe has joined the cast of Paramount and Skydance’s “G.I. Joe” spinoff “Snake Eyes,” an individual with knowledge of the deal exclusively tells TheWrap.

Her role is being kept under wraps. “Crazy Rich Asians” breakout Henry Golding is set to play Snake Eyes, “Warrior” headliner Andrew Koji is playing Storm Shadow, and “Money Heist” breakout star Úrsula Corberó has closed a deal to play the Baroness.

“Snake Eyes,” the third live-action film based on the “G.I. Joe” toy line, will focus on the origins of the fan-favorite character known for his masked face, black commando uniform and ninja training. Robert Schwentke, the director of “Red” and “R.I.P.D.,” is set to direct “Snake Eyes” for Paramount and Skydance. The film will be released on Oct. 16, 2020.

The story centers on Snake Eyes’ origins where he tries to become a member of the Arashikage Clan, a ninja clan based in Japan. According to “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide,” the Arashikage worked as shadowy assassins for generations, using deception to earn their keep as ninjas, as well as developing a reputation for being able to perform impossible tasks.

Haruka can be seen in the film “She’s Just a Shadow,” from writer/director Adam Sherman, and in the upcoming BBC One series “Girl/Haji,” opposite Kelly Macdonald and Justin Long. Prior, she recurred on Channel 4’s “Stath Lets Flats” and Netflix’s “Kiss me First.” Haruka also guest-starred on NBC’s “Emerald City” and can be seen opposite Maisie Williams in the Channel 4 TV movie “Cyberbully.”

https://www.thewrap.com/snake-eyes-haruka-abe-gi-joe-movie/

What's the big deal with the secrecy of the Japanese actress? Gotta be Jinx or some random Japanese girl.

samara-weaving-collider-spotlight-2019-4.jpg

Samara Weaving will join Henry Golding in the “G.I. Joe” spinoff, “Snake Eyes.”

Haruka Abe, Ursula Corbero, Iko Uwais and Andrew Koji have also boarded the Paramount, Skydance and AllSpark movie.

“The Captain” director Robert Schwentke is helming and Brian Goldner is producing. Evan Spiliotopoulos, who wrote “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Huntsman: Winter’s War,” penned the script.

Snake Eyes is a ninja commando who dresses in all black, hides his face and doesn’t speak. He stands out among the military anti-terrorist group and quickly establishes himself as its most popular member. He also has a special relationship with Scarlett (Weaving), the team’s first female member, and sometimes carries out solo missions with his pet wolf, Timber. His blood brother Storm Shadow is also his archenemy.

I love her her caption on Instagram about this:

Yes you do Samara. Yes you do.

I would also recommend spending every day from here to the start of the filming at 87Eleven.

After studying Samara's fappening, I conclude she is a decent selection for Scarlett. Decent boobies.

the only reason Im excited for this is the new line of toys that will come out, the old GI Joe toys are so insane in price I can no longer buy them.

the only reason Im excited for this is the new line of toys that will come out, the old GI Joe toys are so insane in price I can no longer buy them.
I looked at yojoes.com showing the newer ones, and you'd think the newer ones would have better sculpts, but they looked like weird proportions. Have you seen the custom Snake Eyes and Stormshadow people made in 6" scale? Some are not bad. I saw one video where the guy said he made a Snake Eyes out of Marvel Legends parts and didn't have to paint anything. He just mixed and matched various black parts from other Marvel characters like Walmart Black Panther and Deadpool.

Back