Slept all day and just saw the results...(WHY did Volk take this fight?!)

Except 10 years of training camps never fixed that particular defensive hole, despite being repeatedly caught with southpaw kicking.

You're coping real hard to avoid admitting that Volk was clearly incapable of closing that hole after a decade, despite repeatedly getting head kicked bad.
lets say this. islam has lost by a right hand before, his only loss. if volk had a full fight camp, islam comes in 10 days notice, loses by a right again, i would never make the argument you are. makes no sense. volk lost, because it was a short notice fight. that didnt help out at all. he got caught. he didnt have anytime to prepare. i dont know what else to tell ya. but you thinking this is a legitimate win, is just absolute garbage. fakery. bullshido. i would never count a win, with such short notice, legitimate. its always going to have that fans asterisk next to it. IMO. think what you want to think, whatever makes you feel better. i dont care enough, im neither a volk FAN, or a Islam FAN, i just want to see the best, fight the best, with least amount of BS behind the scenes as possible. Only one guy trained for this fight. One guy didnt. I'm not surprised at what happened. But i am disgusted by "fans" acting like this was a legitimate fight. simply because he lost to the same strike before. Its a fight. Anything can happen. technically, he lost by ground strike stoppage. it could have went a lot of ways. go on, enjoy the islam win. i would never sit here and pretend if the roles were reversed, that it was a legitimate fight. deep down, we all know what it was.

lets say this. islam has lost by a right hand before, his only loss. if volk had a full fight camp, islam comes in 10 days notice, loses by a right again, i would never make the argument you are.

You wouldn't be able to make that argument because Islam fixed the hole of windmilling punches with his chin in the air while leaning forward. LOL

It was a pretty easy hole to fix (i.e. just implement the fundamentals), and Islam PROVED he fixed it in every subsequent fight (i.e. he stopped windmilling with his chin out and forward, literally becoming one of the least hit fighters in the entire org).

Volk, OTOH, never fixed his own flaw. He CONSTANTLY got easily hit from southpaw kicking in nearly every fight it was implemented well, unless the person was a horrible wrestler.

You wouldn't be able to make that argument because Islam fixed the hole of windmilling punches with his chin in the air while leaning forward. LOL

It was a pretty easy hole to fix (i.e. just implement the fundamentals), and Islam PROVED he fixed it in every subsequent fight (i.e. he stopped windmilling with his chin out and forward, literally becoming one of the least hit fighters in the entire org).

Volk, OTOH, never fixed his own flaw. He CONSTANTLY got easily hit from southpaw kicking in nearly every fight it was implemented well, unless the person was a horrible wrestler.
you're entitled to your opinion. i'm not going to sit here and pretend that was a fair fight, when only one dude trained for it.

you're entitled to your opinion. i'm not going to sit here and pretend that was a fair fight, when only one dude trained for it.

I wouldn't call it a fair fight. The deck was stacked against Volk, and if Islam hadn't exploited that specific defensive flaw, he would have won any number of other ways that would have relied on Volk's lack of full camp.

Unfortunately for Volk's legacy, however, Islam did happen to pick the single, literally only way to win that provided Volk no excuses.

Islam achieved a first round KO that specifically exploited a hole Volk has had for 10 years of full camps.

Except 10 years of training camps never fixed that particular defensive flaw, despite being repeatedly caught with southpaw head and body kicking.

You're coping real hard to avoid admitting that Volk was clearly incapable of closing that hole.
Ever actually played sports? You think you can just stop training and magically play at 100% right off the couch? That injuries and fatigue aren't a factor? That a bad weight cut can't destroy your ability to fight properly? That once you learn something you can never forget it?

Top baseball or golfers pay their trainers millions to perfect their pitches or swings. And they work on their mechanics every single year and during the season. Volk was coming off of surgery and vacation with his family. Goofing off and drinking and eating poorly and not even training. All of the sudden the UFC throws him millions of extra dollars to save a card. He wasn't in shape to perform properly. But the money was enough to get him to fight anyways.

He traded his legacy for money. His family gets more millions. But he has to live with an embarrassing loss. And the knockout possibly affecting his next fight and really damaging his career.

Ever actually played sports? You think you can just stop training and magically play at 100% right off the couch? That injuries and fatigue aren't a factor? That a bad weight cut can't destroy your ability to fight properly? That once you learn something you can never forget it?

I'm not saying Volk was at his best. Had Islam not exploited his previous defensive weaknesses, Volk would have almost definitely lost anyway due to those training disadvantages.

HOWEVER

Islam won the one way that had nothing to do with whether Volk had a training camp, because it was a hole Volk had for 10 years and never fixed after his first head kick KO loss.

Analysts have been talking about Volk's openings to southpaw kicking for years, and not just only after the first Islam fight. Years. Max lacked the power to do more than drop him with it, and Yair was too vulnerable to takedowns.

Islam has KO power, and takedowns are the last thing Islam has to worry about. Volk would have probably been KO'ed this time regardless with Islam's game plan this time.

Volk build himself up into a position to be a legend and then fecked it for the cash, contract and Company Man badge.
Sad.
Love him but bad, sad, decision to fight.

just like islam
How many times Islam been dropped? How many times was Islam dropped in the rematch? Volk been dropped a lot and had a hair line crack in that chin. Now Islam opened the crack even more so.

Back