Silva vs St-Pierre the greatest fight that never was

Who would have won?

• Total voters
I'm primarily a GSP fan. Much more than Silva.

But,

GSP is the one who dodged this fight. Which I think is a pity because he could have won it and have become the undisputed GOAT. GSP had alot less to lose than Silva in the fight so he really should have took the challenge

Silva ducked GSP. He could’ve easily made WW. He was even originally being brought over to the UFC as a WW to fight Hughes.

The narrative is that GSP ducked him by not wanting to move up. But nobody talks about how Silva also refused to move down to fight him.

True that. Silva could of fought at WW he used to fight there. If Leon Scott could make WW but who is also 6’2 and more muscular than Silva then Silva could have as well.

I'm primarily a GSP fan. Much more than Silva.

But,

GSP is the one who dodged this fight. Which I think is a pity because he could have won it and have become the undisputed GOAT. GSP had alot less to lose than Silva in the fight so he really should have took the challenge

He didn't dodge anything, he stayed in his division and defended his belt. He was under no obligation to fight Silva

Passed guard multiple times and had 2 deep submission attempts. Humorous memes don't count for facts
he could've finished the sub too but he chose to let it go for some more Lay and Pray

he passed guard because he could, the towel went horizontal nothing more

He didn't dodge anything, he stayed in his division and defended his belt. He was under no obligation to fight Silva

I'll refine my wording if you like.

If Jones avoids Stipe or the HW division in general and retires, I'll say he dodged it too.

GSP was never obliged to fight at MW or take part in any superfights but that doesn't mean he didn't dodge the possibility. The ufc wanted the fight as did the fans. He didn't want to take it. Which I feel is a shame.

I think GSP is the best (hardest to defear, most complete) ufc fighter ever btw so I'm not a hater.

he could've finished the sub too but he chose to let it go for some more Lay and Pray

he passed guard because he could, the towel went horizontal nothing more

It doesn't matter if he could've finished or not, the fact is he remained active from top position, thus no lay n pray

It doesn't matter if he could've finished or not, the fact is he remained active from top position, thus no lay n pray
so you're upset about people incorrectly using the definition when you know exactly what they are referring to?

what a waste of energy that is, but carry on

I'll refine my wording if you like.

If Jones avoids Stipe or the HW division in general and retires, I'll say he dodged it too.

GSP was never obliged to fight at MW or take part in any superfights but that doesn't mean he didn't dodge the possibility. The ufc wanted the fight as did the fans. He didn't want to take it. Which I feel is a shame.

I think GSP is the best (hardest to defear, most complete) ufc fighter ever btw so I'm not a hater.

if Silva would have offered to make the drop to welterweight, I'm sure gsp would have taken the fight. Dodging is moving outta of the way, gsp simply did his job

so you're upset about people incorrectly using the definition when you know exactly what they are referring to?

what a waste of energy that is, but carry on

lay and praying is stalling out for a decision, something he never did. Either you used a term you didn't understand or were trying to spread a false narrative. Either way you were wrong

lay and praying is stalling out for a decision, something he never did. Either you used a term you didn't understand or were trying to spread a false narrative. Either way you were wrong
but he did stall to a decision, he specifically chose it over finishing

and I wasn't conceding you're right, I was trying to understand you lol

Back