Media Georges St-Pierre shuts down return & silly UFC 300 rumors

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS – Georges St-Pierre assures everyone that there’s zero chance he’s a part of UFC CEO Dana White’s big plans for 2024.

White teased his intentions of putting together a superfight next year, which had people speculating that former dual champion St-Pierre could be involved. St-Pierre, who has remained in great physical shape after retiring in 2017, quickly shut down that idea.

“Absolutely not,” St-Pierre told MMA Junkie and other reporters after Sunday’s UFC Fight Pass Invitational event. “I promise you, I always told myself that I will not fight in the cage after the age of 40. I don’t say I will never compete in any combat sport event, but a fight in a cage professionally in a serious thing for my legacy, I will not do it.”

St-Pierre was scheduled to compete at the UFC Fight Pass Invitational at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas in a rumored grappling match against former foe Nick Diaz, but an injury forced him out. He ended up commentating the event instead.

While he won’t fight, St-Pierre is still interested in grappling as long as his shoulder fully recovers.

“I’m extremely competitive, and sometimes I forget that I’m 42, and I don’t give myself enough rest, and that’s why I think I partially tore my labrum, my subscap, and my rotator cuff,” St-Pierre said. “But my shoulder is getting better, and we’ll see how it goes.”

St-Pierre, a former longtime UFC welterweight champion, hasn’t competed in combat sports since he returned from a four-year layoff to claim the middleweight title from Michael Bisping in November 2017 at UFC 217.

Good. He has nothing left to prove. At 42 years old, he’s not going to do anything to raise his status, only risk tarnishing his legacy. I have no interest in seeing him fight anymore.

I wouldn't mind seeing a legend fight against Lawler or something, but Diaz rematch was stupid. Still GSP on the 300 card would of made it feel big.

GOATSP.

Glad that ish got a stamp of finality.

*side note: Glad af the thought of rolling the dice again wasn't seriously on his mind. He already did it once and rolled perfectly. Came back after 4 years (mma eternity) and his biggest critiques at the time were "didn't move up in weight and couldn't finish".

At least he's smarter than his fanbitches.

Last edited:
How to get clicks nowadays. Create any lame ass rumor and go ask the person if the rumor you invented is truth.
Make a headline and a "story" out of it.

Ridiculous.

That rumour made no sense. I didn’t think it was legit. I didn’t see how that could be competitive, so what’s the point? I wouldn’t want to see GSP in a squash match.

And of course the lowlifes that are anti-GSP would have turned it into GSP was ducking somebody. No matter who he fought. Like the slugs that say GSP ducked Woodley to fight Bisping. They aren’t just lowlifes, but lowbrows too.

At least his smarter than his fanbitches.

Look who’s talking about intelligence.. Clearly one of the ways you used the word “his” is wrong. Go ask a ten year old. They can tell the difference between his, and he’s.

Fail.

Back