Side Cage clinching should not be scored until something significant happens

you are correct, he wasn’t stalling .. The technical Foot stomp striking Of Usman prevented the ref from breaking up the riveting display of wall hugging.
"Technical foot stomp"...
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

This "move" has no use at all. Just cowards use it, once can break foot and stop movement for free. It has nothing "technical" on it, it is a bitch move and needs to be banned for good.

"Technical foot stomp"...
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

This "move" has no use at all. Just cowards use it, once can break foot and stop movement for free. It has nothing "technical" on it, it is a bitch move and needs to be banned for good.

When Marco Ruas showed it the first time people and the commentators lost their shit

If 2 fights are pressed up against the side of the cage, and both are throwing little footsie stomps and shoulder bumps, and nothing significant is being attempt like a takedown, a sub attempt, or even a significant strike, that entire portion of the round should be scored as a draw or should not be scored at all.

I dont see how that is more advantageous for the initiating fighter when he cant do anything because the moment he tries to throw a significant strike or go for a takedown he will lose the position....thats not a area that should be scored for either fighter unless one of those things i mentioned above happens.

Using example from last night Masvidal vs Usman

Usman had Masvidal pressed up the cage in the 2nd round for about 4 minutes...throwing nothing but shoulder bumps and foot stomps....after the clinch broke up, Masvidal threw like 5-10 strikes in a rapid fire burst before the round ended... that round should be scored for Masvidal.... nothing else significant happened....the clinch is not a dominant position the way that Usman was using it, im not talking about Mui Thai plums and judo throws, none of that was even attempt....if a fighter wants to stall against the cage because he is playing the point game, that should be much harder to do then it is now.

again, im not talking about wrestling, im not talking about bjj, im simply talking about the stalling position that Masvidal and Usman were in pressed up against the cage doing literally nothing, that needs to be separated a lot sooner and it should not count for almost any points if any at all as its not an advantageous position that generated any offense.

what about the hard body shots usman was throwing (don't remember which round) they seemed to hurt as masvidal was wincing hard, and they looked like they took a toll on him

If one fighter stomps someone's feet 20 times and shoulders them in the face 20 times, while the other hits them 0 times, it ain't pretty but the first fighter has won effective striking

yeah foot stomps being counted as staying active is ridiculous

I personally think the lack of a crowd didn't really help Jorge. Refs tend to separate fighters a lot earlier if there's a torrent of boos from the audience.

Along with takedowns that don't result in at least bettering your position, g-n-p, submission attempts; fighters, Volk, will spam a takedown and do nothing and be rewarded a close round or a round that would have gone to an opponent.

Wall -n- stall is the biggest bullshit ever.
Takedowns should be taken into account, they might inflict damage and is allowing you to get into a dominant position. But if nothing is done from there then they should barely count equivalent of a jabor two maybe.

Usman would have won that fight under any scoring criteria we’ve ever had in MMA. Now you guys want to invent a whole new set of rules in order the invent some alternate universe where Masvidal won that fight? Usman’s fights may be boring, but the ensuing butthurt is hilarious.
If you actually read the post it's an honest criticism on the rules and a proposition to increase overall entertainment of the sport, Marty Mas fight is just a great example to illustrate this.

Haha.. this fight is probably caused the most butthurt in a long time..

Surprisingly mostly from the guys defending usman..

Side Cage clinching should not be scored until something significant happens

ImpishShallowAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

Masvidal wishing he had hooked the gloves for that elbow...

It’s the same as takedowns. It’s not aesthetically pleasing but at the end of the day, it’s one fighter controlling the other. If you’re being pressed against the fence or mat againgst your will, youre not dictating the fight. You’re losing. It’s not hard to understand. Are you supposed to be rewarded for getting manhandled? You Don’t like getting ragdolled, break the position and circle out/stand up. If you can’t, you’re fucking losing.

this pussy anti wrestling movement on here is comical at best.

It’s the same as takedowns. It’s not aesthetically pleasing but at the end of the day, it’s one fighter controlling the other. If you’re being pressed against the fence or mat againgst your will, youre not dictating the fight. You’re losing. It’s not hard to understand. Are you supposed to be rewarded for getting manhandled? You Don’t like getting ragdolled, break the position and circle out/stand up. If you can’t, you’re fucking losing.

this pussy anti wrestling movement on here is comical at best.

How many fighter you see backed on the cage reverse the position, that option wasn't available to Jorge?

There should not be points rewarded for this nonsense. Youre describing Usman as this super dominant guy but in fact he lacks control over Masvidal. Because he doesnt have control over him he could not take him down and keep him down (let alone Gnp or Submit).

If he lacked control, why couldn't Masvidal escape the position? I'm sure Masvidal would have preferred it so he could take advantage of where he's better than Usman, which is striking.

If fighter A takes fighter B down and lands strikes, it's on fighter B to escape the position to avoid getting scored on.
If fighter A puts fighter B against the cage and lands strikes, isn't it still on fighter B to escape the position to avoid getting scored on?
....or is it on the ref and/or judges to help fighter B escape the position because ticket sales, fan boredom, promotional marketability, or some other non-competition metric?

Last edited:
I called someone the b word and got doubled for that

Really?
Most of the times its because of racist comments from what I've seen.

I like trolling around here sometimes and have got people saying they did bang my mother yesterday and didn't get a yellow for it.

Maybe some sissy reported your comment and some virgin mod gave you the underserved double

Really?
Most of the times its because of racist comments from what I've seen.

I like trolling around here sometimes and have got people saying they did bang my mother yesterday and didn't get a yellow for it.

Maybe some sissy reported your comment and some virgin mod gave you the underserved double
I think it’s because I did it in a PM

Back