Should Amanda Nunes come back?

She retired at the top but tbh she was making 1 Million per fight and there is no many threats anyways, so that means easy money?

But if what you want is some threat
I feel she still owns Peña a trilogy, they are 1-1 but Peña finished her, she won by decision.

And then if Kayla Harrison can make weight and beats Holly Holm there is another one, and they have some history with that gym stuff

And maybe Shevchenko too if she gets her title back?
I also always wanted to see the rematch with Cyborg, I know Cyborg is in a different company now but still

And again she was making 1 Million per fight, that's much more than most male fighters make, also I'm bringing this up since since she is exciting af when it comes to fight and she also basically said in her las interview she might would like to come back

There's no reason for him to come back, he's a dad now let him enjoy his retirement.

I hope not. What else can she really achieve? Nothing imo

She’s the best female mma fighter the ufc has seen (by a fair margin) and she’s already ko’d the 2 biggest wmma fighters in rousey and cyborg. There’s no one for her to fight that can improve her legacy. She’s a legend and should enjoy her retirement from pro fighting

No.

Its all downhill from here.

Wasn't she dealing with a ton of injuries near the end? There's also no compelling matchup left for her unless Kayla hits the ground running after the weight cut.

Absolutely 100% no. She has done it all and a return for he may go exactly like Cejudo. Although, right now, I do not feel she has been gone long enough to be too rusty, nor is has the talent caught up to her.

My first instinct is no , but if she came back for a one off fight against Harrison that might be alright

Maybe against Kayla if she can make weight but leaving the sport in your prime and then returning usually doesn't work out too well.

Just ask Henry Cejudo.

Nunes could come back any time and mop the division up again, but it got to the point where it really doesn't matter. I think she mentally accomplished what she wanted to. All that was left was her to keep winning until she got bored or old.

If Kayla wins the belt impressively I matchup with her may be interesting.

that's not really the same thing. getting caught once for the first time is one thing. the point he's making is that Nunes is literally spamming 2 punches over and over again and Cyborg and the rest of the divisions had no answer for it.

Cyborg got caught too and got right back up but couldn't really recovered, that's why you see there she is not really answering, she was already rocked aftrr being caught that first time, she was basically almost outnon her feet already.

While Aldo got caught by just 1 straight left and couldn't even get back up, if anything that's even worse, and it was like in 10 seconds on top of that.

Cyborg got caught too and got right back up but couldn't really recovered, that's why you see there she is not really answering, she was already rocked aftrr being caught that first time, she was basically almost outnon her feet already.

While Aldo got caught by just 1 straight left and couldn't even get back up, if anything that's even worse, and it was like in 10 seconds on top of that.

how is getting surprised by a KO punch worse than getting clobbered by the same punch over and over again? she doesn't just do it to Cyborg, she literally knocks everyone out the same way.

She retired at the top but tbh she was making 1 Million per fight and there is no many threats anyways, so that means easy money?

But if what you want is some threat
I feel she still owns Peña a trilogy, they are 1-1 but Peña finished her, she won by decision.

And then if Kayla Harrison can make weight and beats Holly Holm there is another one, and they have some history with that gym stuff

And maybe Shevchenko too if she gets her title back?
I also always wanted to see the rematch with Cyborg, I know Cyborg is in a different company now but still

And again she was making 1 Million per fight, that's much more than most male fighters make, also I'm bringing this up since since she is exciting af when it comes to fight and she also basically said in her las interview she might would like to come back

Have you seen her lately sir?

She's about 180 lol... she's happy not doing this anymore.

how is getting surprised by a KO punch worse than getting clobbered by the same punch over and over again? she doesn't just do it to Cyborg, she literally knocks everyone out the same way.
Thats literally her only KO
See how you keep lying

that's not really the same thing. getting caught once for the first time is one thing. the point he's making is that Nunes is literally spamming 2 punches over and over again and Cyborg and the rest of the divisions had no answer for it.

Huh? Nunes had plenty of kicks as well. She threw Cyborg right off with her low kick at the start of their fight, and she pretty much took Champington out with it when they fought.

Nunes could also fight going forward or off the back foot really well. And she mixed in plenty of wrestling.

That ain't really spamming the same stuff over and over.

May as well be saying that all GSP did was spam the jab and do reactive tds.

Cyborg is literally rocked in that gif. Lol Aldo getting instantly KO'd instead of rocked doesnt make it any better.

She’s get paid more obviously if she fought again. But she dosent stand to gain much else returning. So unless the pay is really worth it you’re just risking legacy.

Cyborg is literally rocked in that gif. Lol Aldo getting instantly KO'd instead of rocked doesnt make it any better.

well yes it does make it better. because Aldo made one mistake and that was it. i'm not talking about just the gif, Cyborg got hit with about a dozen punches, and got dropped like 4 times. Cyborg had A LOT of time to do SOMETHING and all she kept doing was trying to swing and running into punches. i don't know how getting hit with dozens of punches is BETTER than getting hit with just 1.
Huh? Nunes had plenty of kicks as well. She threw Cyborg right off with her low kick at the start of their fight, and she pretty much took Champington out with it when they fought.

Nunes could also fight going forward or off the back foot really well. And she mixed in plenty of wrestling.

That ain't really spamming the same stuff over and over.

May as well be saying that all GSP did was spam the jab and do reactive tds.

she doesn't have plenty of kicks. i guarantee the vast majority of her strikes in her career are jabs/left hooks into overhand rights. sure, she does other things but the meat and potatoes of her game is the overhand right. she lands that over and over again, the fight is done. if she doesn't land it she becomes significantly less dangerous. i don't know what fighting off the back foot or going forward has to do with it. she can throw overhand rights going backwards or forward. and she really only mixed in her wrestling when she felt outclassed on the feet by opponents like De Randamie because her sus gas tank can sustain a grappling heavy attack vs someone who will actually defend.

she doesn't have plenty of kicks. i guarantee the vast majority of her strikes in her career are jabs/left hooks into overhand rights. sure, she does other things but the meat and potatoes of her game is the overhand right. she lands that over and over again, the fight is done. if she doesn't land it she becomes significantly less dangerous. i don't know what fighting off the back foot or going forward has to do with it. she can throw overhand rights going backwards or forward. and she really only mixed in her wrestling when she felt outclassed on the feet by opponents like De Randamie because her sus gas tank can sustain a grappling heavy attack vs someone who will actually defend.

She took out Pennington's legs completely. She threw 37 of them.

65% of her sig strikes against Val were to the legs.

She put down Holly with a head kick that lead to a finish.

The girl clearly has kicks lol.

And yeh, she wrestled against GDR because she was losing, but she doesn't only wrestle when she's losing. Sure as fuck wasn't losing to Megan or Val the first time when she wrestled.

The reality is that Nunes just does whatever works against whatever opponent is in front of her. Is the jab/overhand something she relies on a lot? Sure, but so do a ton of fighters. Those are two of the easiest to land, and less taxing strikes available.

Back