News Shara Bullet vs Joilton Lutterbach set for UFC Saudi Arabia on June 22nd

Who wins?

• Total voters
Interesting matchup.
”Peregrino” started his career as a BJJ-artist, but he also became an excellent striker over the past years, with runs in GLORY Kickboxing, Karate Combat, and Brave.

This knockout was scary, got his opponent frozen like elsa:

What was he arguing with the ref about in the 1st? Ref actually did a great job immediately recognizing that he was out altho it kinda looked like he was just covering up. Maybe he signalled to the ref right after it bc the vid is cropped and still thought he could've gotten there quicker? Or mad because ref didn't make sure he wasn't gonna fall?

Jailton's evil twin brother, Joilton, is a pure striker.

What was he arguing with the ref about in the 1st? Ref actually did a great job immediately recognizing that he was out altho it kinda looked like he was just covering up. Maybe he signalled to the ref right after it bc the vid is cropped and still thought he could've gotten there quicker? Or mad because ref didn't make sure he wasn't gonna fall?
Don’t know if he really was saying it as I didn’t hear it clearly, but the commentary was saying that he was asking the referee “Poor boy, why did I have to beat him to the end?”

If you watch the full fight (second vid) you’ll understand
Don’t know if he really was saying it as I didn’t hear it clearly, but the commentary was saying that he was asking the referee “Poor boy, why did I have to beat him to the end?”
But this sums it up quite well I think

He's been a welterweight for a long time now. Taking your debut a division up on short notice is fairly normal.
Lutterbach has always bounced back and forth between lightweight and welterweight. He is a 155'er that takes fights at any weight class in any combat sport. It is what he has had to do to carve out a career as a journeyman in the minor leagues.

Short notice? 5 weeks is hardly short notice, especially for a journeyman with 49 professional MMA fights.

Shara has been fighting at middleweight and light heavyweight, so giving him a journeyman 155'er who has no business fighting in the UFC is ridiculous.

Lutterbach has always bounced back and forth between lightweight and welterweight. He is a 155'er that takes fights at any weight class in any combat sport. It is what he has had to do to carve out a career as a journeyman in the minor leagues.

Short notice? 5 weeks is hardly short notice, especially for a journeyman with 49 professional MMA fights.

Shara has been fighting at middleweight and light heavyweight, so giving him a journeyman 155'er who has no business fighting in the UFC is ridiculous.

It's been three years since he fought at lightweight, he missed weight against Collard in PFL and hasn't been back since.

When I say short notice I just mean that people often take their debut a weight class up to get in. Obviously there's no point him cutting anymore as Shara isn't fighting at welterweight (although he likely could make welterweight if he cut much weight)

I agree I would have preferred a better opponent but it is what it is. At least he has a fight and then if he wins easily with no damage they can turn him around for the Abu Dhabi card in August.

Rooting for Lotion to destroy this caveman :rolleyes:

Back