Shane Carwin Pissed at Brenda Schaub

I've never liked Carwin (I'm not a Schaub fan either, and I especially wasn't when he was still fighting). Maybe I'm judging him too harshly from interviews, but he has always seemed like a... person I wouldn't be fond of.

I'm kind of perplexed by this.

BS is notorious in speaking very highly of Carwin to the point of almost making him into a mythological character.

I like Shane, he's an engineer like me, but he's being a little oversensitive about this. The overriding take away from Brendan's statements seems to be that it's not a bad idea considering the age of the top guys in the HW division. He even goes as far to say Shane could train for 5 minutes and beat everyone in the world other than maybe Cain Velasquez, he even included Junior in that statement, who mopped the floor with Shane over the course of 3 rounds.

I really hate when fighters play this whole "He knows my track record and I know his. I am not sure this is what he wants to talk about" card, insinuating a guy is on some PEDs. If you're gonna say it, just say it, don't come out and be cryptic so if someone calls you out you can back track. Not sure if it's the same episode, but someone once asked Brendan why he talks so much shit on guys that use PEDs but has never said anything bad about Shane. Brendan then proceeds to go a completely hypocritical rant to defend Shane, talking about how Shane has never failed a drugs test and was tested extensively relative to the testing methods at the time. We all know Brendan doesn't think anything about the old testing and doesn't think passing those tests is worth shit, but he essentially sacrifices his own beliefs to defend his friend.

Shane admitted to PED use on a Reddit AMA anyway, Brendan literally made one comment about that which is a legitimate comment. I think the reason Shane is salty about this is because when there's smoke, there's fire. I remember when Rampage said a similar thing about Bisping, did Bisping come out and get butthurt about it? No, he laughed it off and this is Bisping, one of the most easily upset fighters in all of MMA.

Any time Shane is brought up, Brendan is massively complimentary about him as a fighter and as a person. Even when he's not brought up and the talk is about freaks in MMA, Brendan brings up Shane. So Brendan makes one comment about PEDs and one comment about cardio, which is an issue as we saw in the Brock Lesnar fight, Shane goes bad on him? I agree with Shane's comments about how Brendan sometimes "insults the person and covers it with bullshit praise and you are left wondering what he really believes", see his comments about Dana White or Joe Silva as an example. It is quite fake, it isn't honest. However I don't think this is the case with Brendan's comments on Shane, he's never been anything but complimentary about Shane in the past.

It's kinda funny how Brendan got shit on by Sherdog for making this video and how he thinks too highly of Shane, now people are shitting on him for this video on behalf of Shane.

Last edited:
damn carwin went off on schaub, i'm not mad at it, i like schaub but whatever

If Shane Carwin comes back for real, do not count him out. A guy with his kind of credentials and SERIOUS knockout power can do some real damage.

I for one, would love to see him come back, if what he says about his back being "fine" is true.

In context, he accused him of being on steroids.

".... if Shane can pass the new tests..." is clearly casting aspersions upon him.

His other comments are that Shane hits hard and the current UFC heavyweight picture is shallow, which are both literally common sense, face value things to say. The one personal comment he made was basically taking a pot shot at Carwin being dirty.
Carwin is an admitted user. I'm missing the issue here.

Just admit you didn't know Carwin admitted to PED use and let it go. You're a casual, I didn't expect you to know.

Stop trying to be right when you are wrong. Don't be pathetic.

Your posts are always a good read. But I really don't think Schaub had bad intentions when he said that. I just think he's a dumbass and didn't think of what he was saying.

Later in the interview he does say something along the lines of "Carwin's probably looking at everyone being clean now and thinks he can beat these guys" and also says Carwin is naturally a freaky, big guy. Carwin also getting upset about the cardio thing (when it's obvious he has a cardio issue) shows me he was just butthurt in general, not even just upset about the testing comment.
Your posts are always a good read. But I really don't think Schaub had bad intentions when he said that. I just think he's a dumbass and didn't think of what he was saying.

Later in the interview he does say something along the lines of "Carwin's probably looking at everyone being clean now and thinks he can beat these guys" and also says Carwin is naturally a freaky, big guy. Carwin also getting upset about the cardio thing (when it's obvious he has a cardio issue) shows me he was just butthurt in general, not even just upset about the testing comment.

Totally get what you are saying. I'm not a regular listener of TFATK recently but I've heard perhaps 20+ episodes over the years, occasionally I check in on it.

I feel pretty confident in reading that Schaub meant to infer it was a challenge to pass USADA tests. He has specifically called out virtually the entire sport (of course not him, but everyone else) for being on PEDS on the show... so this isn't anything new.

Most likely Carwin doesn't appreciate Schaub being what is essentially flippant about his qualities - eg. 'he hits hard, and can do good because the heavyweight field is SO awful, but he has terrible cardio, and Cain stilll whoops him.'

It's not exactly what you expect of "friend," certainly not a close friend.

Whats worse - he has to suffer this from a friend who is most famous for getting KO'd by mid tier fighters, not that he is aware of it.

Brandan (for sure t-shirt empire, for sure successful bro, my porche, Carwin has no cardio) is the type of dude that can be brash and uncouth, certainly out of touch.

"I will indeed mop up the entire division. I have a plan for all of them. Even Cain. He knows that I have great wrestling, he knows I can deal with footwork and you have to come close to get a takedown. I will knock any HWT in the world out. If they question that call your matchmaker and lets lace em up."

10007.jpg

dossantos_crawinurol.gif

seh6p.gif

You couldn't handle JDS while on massive doses of PED's. Go away

Interesting theory considering you CAN'T prove JDS was clean when they fought either.

JDS body looked far more full of androgens back then compared to now.

Carwin is an admitted user. I'm missing the issue here.

In his AMA he made a number of obvious remarks in jest.

He verbosely and verbatim said, without any room for interpretation - that he has not done steroids.

Who knows if its true but he certainly is not an admitted user.

So weird. Brendan was giving him props for like 90% of that clip.

I think Brendan let something slip and it was a genuine mistake, I actually listen to FATK and he was clearly going out of his way to praise Shane however Shane is right he did insult him. "if he can pass the USADA tests" this is a guy who trained with Shane a statement like that is pretty damning.

In return Shane who seems to be the tell it how it is type(heard Brendan many times claiming innocence on PEDs and IMO he doesnt exactly pass the smell test), drops a obvious hint Brendan also used/s PED's.
I think Shane kind of over reacted probably because he knows what Brendan knows which is what we dont. I am sure it makes sense to both guys more than it does to us.

Interesting.

Schaub is phony as they come, it just amazes me how Rogan has bought into this guy's hustle.

Rogan seems to have an affinity for anyone he can dominate. Look at his relationship with Brian Callen, who is fake as hell and can't wait to trip over his tongue trying to utter his next syllable. I actually like Joe's podcast, but when Brendan and Callen are on there, I can't listen to the bro theories.

shane carwin is terrible.

he literally got choked out by a white belt (brock lesnar)

Totally get what you are saying. I'm not a regular listener of TFATK recently but I've heard perhaps 20+ episodes over the years, occasionally I check in on it.

I feel pretty confident in reading that Schaub meant to infer it was a challenge to pass USADA tests. He has specifically called out virtually the entire sport (of course not him, but everyone else) for being on PEDS on the show... so this isn't anything new.

Most likely Carwin doesn't appreciate Schaub being what is essentially flippant about his qualities - eg. 'he hits hard, and can do good because the heavyweight field is SO awful, but he has terrible cardio, and Cain stilll whoops him.'

It's not exactly what you expect of "friend," certainly not a close friend.

Whats worse - he has to suffer this from a friend who is most famous for getting KO'd by mid tier fighters, not that he is aware of it.

Brandan (for sure t-shirt empire, for sure successful bro, my porche, Carwin has no cardio) is the type of dude that can be brash and uncouth, certainly out of touch.

Brendan "I'm too cerebral" Schaub doesn't realize how back handed his compliments of Carwin were.

I could imagine Shane just walking into the set of Brendan's podcast and just knocking his lights out cold. Then he just walks out and Brian Calen is just there not saying a word as he sharts his pants.
By the doctrine of International Podcast Law Called would now belong to Shane and have to appear on his podcast.

So weird. Brendan was giving him props for like 90% of that clip.

Yea.. after insinuating that he's using steroids, every other "prop" is pretty much garbage.

"You're ugly but you have nice hair."

Would you be happy with that compliment?

Brendan "I'm too cerebral" Schaub doesn't realize how back handed his compliments of Carwin were.
Yes, it would seem his brain is so big it affects its ability to function, being so cerebral and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
In his AMA he made a number of obvious remarks in jest.

He verbosely and verbatim said, without any room for interpretation - that he has not done steroids.

Who knows if its true but he certainly is not an admitted user.
Maybe you could explain how this is anything other than what it says.
aaf2a61a_o.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back