Screw the rule on not grabbing the cage

Dv6S.gif
after seeing this I now support the usage of skateboards
<mma4>

Would be too easy to hold people against the cage. You just clinch them and hold on to the cage.

They should bring back headbutts as well. Then, you could have guys with knockouts via all nine limbs!

On a serious note, I could take or leave the rule about fence-grabbing. I don't think it really protects the fighters that much, but it doesn't hurt them much, either.
I loved watching guys like Coleman and Kerr smash people with the Headbutt.

If you could grab it and use your other hand to strike the back of the head, crotch sniffing tactics would cease to exist.

'
It's funny that you use the Tank Abbott gif. His fight with Scott Ferrozzo was one of the reasons why grabbing the cage got banned. It was seriously Ferrozzo holding Tank against the cage for the majority of the match.

If grabbing the cage were allowed, the wall and stall strategy would become even more dominant, and the fights would be way more boring It's a horrible idea TS. Sorry.

Until fighters start losing toes and fingers...

Ban TS imo

how about instead of a cage its just a circle of dudes with there their units out. Nobody will want to get anywere near the perimeter

They try to make it as much realistic as fighting outside a cage as possible, in a street fight you ain't grabbing nothing, except your foes clothing.
Lol in a street fight you’re grabbing every damn thing you can get. If you’re fighting by a fence on the street you wouldn’t grab it if someone was taking you down?

I know when I’m in a street fight if I put my hand down I can’t get kicked in the head. Lol c’mon that’s not the justification for any of the rules, it’s the opposite. Rules are to make it less like a street fight so they can be sanctioned by athletic commissions. Before the unified rules there was no fence grabbing rule in UFC

Back