Screw the rule on not grabbing the cage

The UFC Brander Collector

Pimp Andrew
@Brown
Reaction score
It would lead to less takedowns = more just bleed

b0WQR+(1).gif

Fighters can stand up more easily = more just bleed.

Even get some creative submissions.

UnkemptFabulousGannet-max-1mb.gif

They say the rule is to prevent broken fingers/toes. But who cares about broken fingers.toes? The fence grabber should assess the risk for themselves.

It'll stop takedowns. Again who cares? Takedowns in wrestling take place in open space.

fence-grabbing is so badly enforced, they may as well make it legal.

This. If I"m a standup fighter and don't want to get taken down. I'm grabbing the fence at least once per fight. you can get multiple tiny grabs to help you and/or 1 huge grab and they'll never enforce it. Might as well kick the other person in the nuts or rake their eyes while you are at it b/c they rarely penalize those either.

Can you imagine other sports if they just suggested the rules or gave warnings? Pitcher nails a batter with the baseball and the ump just walks out and gives him a warning to "keep it clean" and the play keeps on going. Football player grabs the face mask and uses it to rip a ball carrier to the ground and the ref walks over and gives him a stern talking to to not do it again.

Last edited:
They should bring back headbutts as well. Then, you could have guys with knockouts via all nine limbs!

On a serious note, I could take or leave the rule about fence-grabbing. I don't think it really protects the fighters that much, but it doesn't hurt them much, either.

I just think fighters should be granted a revolver of their choice.
gene-hackman-the-quick-and-dead.gif

hw’s throwing slugs, 155 throwing 9mm, lil dudes throwing .22lr

Back