Screw the rule on not grabbing the cage

Yeah, people use it rarely, because it is forbidden. If it is allowed, plenty of top names will just stay near the fence for safety. It would also look less marketable, to watch one grown man trying to peel another from the fence for 30 seconds. Just bleh.... From any standpoint, this rule has to stay and probably be enforced a bit more strickly than it is now.
Definitely pretty pointless when it is allowed in a way

People will use it to hold people against the cage too, it will help impose grappling.

MVP would be unstoppable with his iron grip

I do agree it’s a bad rule. Make it plexiglass if you don’t want anyone grabbing it. It’s human nature to grab the cage and everyone does it, and the attempts or enforce or rectify cage grabbing incidents are never satisfactory.
<PlusJuan>
Blood splatter on the glass - Yes Please!
<{JustBleed}>

If we legalize the throwing the opponent out of the cage they should make a pit they fall in

latest

What's the (desire) deal with all these rediculous rules alterations lately?

<{cruzshake}>

Holy shit, not this stupid Plexiglas shit again
I didn’t say plexiglass was a realistic solution. I know people would get fucked up. Not to mention the cage is a recognizable part of UFC marketing at this point, it’s not going away. I’m just not a fan of how the fence grabbing rule is currently working out.

Replace the fence with plexie glass like hockey... solved… it’s made for multiple big doods in hockey gear to get rammed into it and absorb the shock
What-is-Hockey-Rink-Glass.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, but let's keep the rule about not grabbing the referee's ass.

'Cause it could get pretty weird real fast like......

It's a good rule

1) fence grabs prevent action
2) fence grabs will lead to broken fingers
3) fence grabs require 0 skill and can negate techniques that require a considerable amount of skill. Hence allowing fence grabs completely changes the meta of MMA

Back