Scoring Jones vs Gus -This poll says it all

The champ is here!

P6Im7.gif

jones-limp.gif

Best performance to date and that is indeed the champion.

The champ is here!

P6Im7.gif

jones-limp.gif

So because he hit Gus' head with a kick and it fucked up his toes in the 5th round, somehow Gus did more dmg?

Go gus! Hurt his foot with your jaw!

Not like this had anything to do with it:

Jon-Jones-borken-toe-UFC-159.png

Actually Jones won....professional judges scored the fight for Jones so yeah just because you hate Jones doens't mean every close fight has to go against him. If every judge scored the fight off of feelings and bias the sport would be in trouble.

Yeah - the judges have no history of making horrible decisions. Your comment makes sense.

Hi noob. Welcome to MMA.

Let me introduce you to the scientific concepts of inertia and impetus.

That strike was all about the kinetic energy generated by spinning his body. All of his follow on strikes lacked any power, and hence, Jones was neither able to finish Gustafsson, nor was he able to take him down (in fact getting rather unceremoniously thrown to the ground when he tried). The spinning back elbow was a hail mary, because that was all he had left.

I'm not sure you understand those scientific concepts well, either.

I feel like judges like to even out their scoring. They have back to back close rounds so they wanted to give one to each guy instead of giving them both to gus even tho he eeked out the decision.

Gus squeezed out the first 3 rounds.. i dont even see how you can argue otherwise.

If you were judging the fight as a whole I think jones wins but if you judge it round by round i dont see how any sane person can give that fight to jones.

Because you are seeing what you want to see

Everyone on Facebook sure thinks Gus won...
https://www.facebook.com/UFC

and is letting the UFC know... Hell, most of the people on there are now claiming that the UFC fixes fight decisions.. This is not good for business.

A 49-46 Jones is pure robbery.

Gus won 1, 2, and 3.. And was winning the 4th until the elbow stunned him during the last 30 seconds.. I'd still give round 4 to Gus. Round 5 was Jones.

Gus still won.

This is a MMA forum and put your fucking fighter likes to the side, Bones lost and the general public is even starting to compare the UFC to the WWE in regards to fixed decisions. There have been way too many lazy decisions this year and this one tops them all imo
Agree! It hurts the sport!

People who feel Gus got robbed is a classic example of a huge underdog doing much better than expected being misinterpreted at him winning. It's very easy to do this. You're so surprised they are holding their own you're inclined to award them rounds based on that. I was even guilty myself of doing this when I watched it the first time. I think we'll see a much different fight in the rematch.

Everyone on Facebook sure thinks Gus won...
https://www.facebook.com/UFC

and is letting the UFC know... Hell, most of the people on there are now claiming that the UFC fixes fight decisions.. This is not good for business.

A 49-46 Jones is pure robbery.

Gus won 1, 2, and 3.. And was winning the 4th until the elbow stunned him during the last 30 seconds.. I'd still give round 4 to Gus. Round 5 was Jones.

Gus still won.

This is a MMA forum and put your fucking fighter likes to the side, Bones lost and the general public is even starting to compare the UFC to the WWE in regards to fixed decisions. There have been way too many lazy decisions this year and this one tops them all imo

There were fight fixing claims when Silva lost to Weidman...by KO ffs. Does that validate delusional Silva fans claims by that logic?

Many more people were rooting for Gus and when people don't get what they want they're vocal, people that get what they want are usually content and move on.

It was a close fight and had 2-3 rounds at the least that could be argued either way. 48-47 Jones is acceptable. 49-46 is a bit of a stretch but that was only one judge's score and isn't relevant as w/o it it'd be a SD for Jones in that case.

Most rational fans realize that all of this buzz for the fight is making a rematch more marketable and I'd say most are more interested in getting another great fight between them than creating conspiracies about a decision that is done with and final.

I gave round 2 to Jones. The way I see it round 4 is the deciding round. 4 mins of winning vs 45 seconds of dominating. I can see both arguements.

Like Joe Rogan said...the fans should decide the decisions this exact way!

nwld.gif

If that elbow did not land in 4th we would have a new champ, gus hade advantage for 4 1/2 minutes before the elbow landed which also made him losing 5th since it took the last out of him since he looked good before the elbow....... oh well

Not sure how 15 seconds of being rocked undermines 4 min of octagon control...

Back