Scoring Jones vs Gus -This poll says it all

there is no way in hell Gus won any of those first 3 rounds as convincingly as Jones won round 5, so that voting system is a crock of shit.

I really couldn't score the first 3 rounds either way really, they were close and I felt like nobody really did enough to win.

Gus landed one big punch and even then that was a graze, Jones dodged the brunt of it but the gloves caused a cut in his eye. Take downs where the opponents jumps right back up to their feet does not get you points in my eyes

Not even a Jones fan and I watched the fight multiple times and felt like Jones won but not by much.

Not at all a robbery. The fight was super close. It's easy to say Gus won, as it was a very close fight and there are a TON of people who despise Jones and also are probably falling victim to the Rogan effect.

He has a great way of skewing the audience's perception of what is happening, at times.

Not even a Jones fan and I watched the fight multiple times and felt like Jones won but not by much.

Not at all a robbery. The fight was super close. It's easy to say Gus won, as it was a very close fight and there are a TON of people who despise Jones and also are probably falling victim to the Rogan effect.

He has a great way of skewing the audience's perception of what is happening, at times.
Pretty much this too many people dislike Jones for any poll to be accurate especially when this board is rampant with swedes on a mission.

I see round 3 differently from most people and I scored the fight for Gus... I think someone started saying Gus wins round 3 and others parrot what they hear. I felt like 3 was actually a lot more one sided than people are thinking and if they want it without their nut blinders on, they will see it.

In fact, knowing that so many people ignored round 3 and just say Gus wins it, tells me all I need to know about opinions here. It was like 10-1 for Jones in the third... the difference? Joe Rogan... at the end of 3, the very last thing he says is "Jon Jones is LOSING this fight"

there you have it.

No it wasn't close, Gus clearly won. Stop being a hipster. We know the obvious rounds both fighters won. Stop changing the story. It's all down to round 2

there is no way in hell Gus won any of those first 3 rounds as convincingly as Jones won round 5, so that voting system is a crock of shit.

I really couldn't score the first 3 rounds either way really, they were close and I felt like nobody really did enough to win.

Gus landed one big punch and even then that was a graze, Jones dodged the brunt of it but the gloves caused a cut in his eye. Take downs where the opponents jumps right back up to their feet does not get you points in my eyes

Then your opinion is dogshit not warranted here. All takedowns have to be considered, close fight so every variable has to be considered on declaring a winner.

When the sample size is high enough it should balance out, I accept what the pool has to say.

lol?

A large sample size helps correctly determine public attitudes precisely. It does not help in any way determine the quality of those opinions.

Watching it live I thought Gus won, but after re-watching you can def make an argument for JBJ winning it. It was a close fight, that could have gone either way depending on how you score certain aspects. In no way do I feel this is a robbery for either guy.

I didn't find any of the 1st 3 rounds to be convincingly won by anyone.

The only round that was a coin toss was round 2, which I still give to Jones. Round 1 & 3 Gus won pretty easily. Round 4 could go either way but I still give it to Jones. And hands down Jones won round 5.

I feel like judges like to even out their scoring. They have back to back close rounds so they wanted to give one to each guy instead of giving them both to gus even tho he eeked out the decision.

Gus squeezed out the first 3 rounds.. i dont even see how you can argue otherwise.

If you were judging the fight as a whole I think jones wins but if you judge it round by round i dont see how any sane person can give that fight to jones.

Close rounds almost always go to the champion when judging....in that case Jones 2,4,5

This fight could have gone either way and whoever is screaming robbery or conspiracy is just plain bias. 3-2 for either fighter is fair.

Yep, and in a fight that "could go either way," isn't it preferable that it goes to the guy who won the last two rounds big, was the only guy to truly hurt his opponent, AND was also the current champ.

Or would you rather the championship be won by a the guy who won a few rounds on points early and then got his ass kicked later in the fight?

Yep, and in a fight that "could go either way," isn't it preferable that it goes to the guy who won the last two rounds big, was the only guy to truly hurt his opponent, AND was also the current champ.

Or would you rather the championship be won by a the guy who won a few rounds on points early and then got his ass kicked later in the fight?

:icon_idea

This right here

Back