Scoring Jones vs Gus -This poll says it all

There was plenty of action but even though it all went down, by the end I was still like "who won that?!"

What random people think doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what the actual judges think. Jones won, get over it.

By your logic nothing matters bro.

You really expect to get unbiased opinions when about 90% of Sherdog hates Jon Jones?

That poll don't prove shit lol

Fans voting means nothing.
Here's what means something:
live betting lines: you can like a fighter but you'll put money down on the side that you think is winning.
After round 3 Gus was the favorite at about -200. It went to -300 during round 4 in favor of Gus till the elbow.

After round 4 Jones was the favorite at about -250

During round 5 the last line I was able to see was about -200 for Jones.

This should tell you who the people thought won not biased fans.
I scored 2,4,5 for Jones btw and seems the betting lines gave 2-1 for Gus then last 2 rounds to Jones as well.

This is really interesting and the poll seems to corroborate this, do you agree?

The problem is that you get biased voters (to name only a few):

CannonsHeel
Al3s
bmf_bt
mawashi geri
mmafan9350
one mma fan
Vinzz

who voted all 5 rounds for Gus which is incredibly bias and dishonest.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=11533 (shows who voted for who)

Which is semi-equal to outstandingly biased and inflammatory posts like this:

That logic isn't true. Look at Edgar-Penn or Benson-Edgar. JoJo is better than Gus. JoJo is a UFC champion and Gus is not. Get over it.

That being said, I'm one of the "Gus Won" folks. Not by a landslide by any means, but I think he won three of the five rounds and should have the belt.

Again, not enough to bitch and moan about it. It was a ridiculous fight and I'm happy to have seen it.

** and "JoJo"... yikes. **

Yeah, but everyone scoring Round 4 definitively for Jones just suffers from the same failing we criticize judges for. Getting distracted by the end of the round. Jones landed two hits after getting worked for four minutes. His attacks are weak and have no power because he is beat to shit. He can't even complete a takedown, though you have guys whose imagination tells them that Jones "amost finished" Gus. The "almost finished" guy who tosses off Jones twice.

That fight was close. But it was fairly clear at the end of the night that somebody snuck out of that cage with a belt that probably didn't belong to him.

You're BLIND if you didn't see how badly hurt gus was.

weak? GTFO

awesome_Jon_Jones_Spinning_Back_Elbows_Alexander_Gustafsson_UFC_165.gif

I had Jones 5-0, maybe 4-1. He pushed forward the whole time. Don't back up if you're expecting a decision, rightfully so.

Yeah, but everyone scoring Round 4 definitively for Jones just suffers from the same failing we criticize judges for. Getting distracted by the end of the round. Jones landed two hits after getting worked for four minutes. His attacks are weak and have no power because he is beat to shit. He can't even complete a takedown, though you have guys whose imagination tells them that Jones "amost finished" Gus. The "almost finished" guy who tosses off Jones twice.

That fight was close. But it was fairly clear at the end of the night that somebody snuck out of that cage with a belt that probably didn't belong to him.

Course he got taken down, he was exhausted from elbowing gus in the head so many times

To be fair even the most ardent Gus supporters have to admit the majority of the poll is biased towards Jones. Don't get me wrong it's perfectly reasonable to score the first three for Gus but when making this poll did anyone really expect otherwise?

The poll created by Huntercreed found below is all that is needed to settle the controversy as it is the closest thing we can get to a statistical scoring sample. 384 people voted and here are the results:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-did-you-give-each-round-2566129/

When it comes to jones vs any fighter you cant really take the accuracy of polls.

People hate jones so much that they will see what they want to see. You need actually non bias reporters and other non bias sport venues to accurately push a poll.

The MMA public just cant be trusted with Polls and too many are children with issues.

You're BLIND if you didn't see how badly hurt gus was.

weak? GTFO

awesome_Jon_Jones_Spinning_Back_Elbows_Alexander_Gustafsson_UFC_165.gif
Hi noob. Welcome to MMA.

Let me introduce you to the scientific concepts of inertia and impetus.

That strike was all about the kinetic energy generated by spinning his body. All of his follow on strikes lacked any power, and hence, Jones was neither able to finish Gustafsson, nor was he able to take him down (in fact getting rather unceremoniously thrown to the ground when he tried). The spinning back elbow was a hail mary, because that was all he had left.

Course he got taken down, he was exhausted from elbowing gus in the head so many times
What, one and a half times? He landed one. The other one was absorbed principally by the collision of their torsos.

The reality is, and what the rest of us actually watched happen in the fight while you were distracted by a lack of adderall and some sudden movements in your peripheral vision, was Jones getting slower and more desperate as he absorbed repeated strikes to the face and head. So much so that he had to sit down at the end of the fight, be carried out of the cage, and taken to the hospital on a gurney.

The problem is that you get biased voters (to name only a few):

CannonsHeel
Al3s
bmf_bt
mawashi geri
mmafan9350
one mma fan
Vinzz

who voted all 5 rounds for Gus which is incredibly bias and dishonest.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=11533 (shows who voted for who)

IDGAF, Gus won all five, it doesn't even matter anyways saying this. The score isn't going to change, the judges still chose wrong. There's no point arguing technicalities about this, all I'll say is that Gus lit up Jones and stuffed his takedowns all night, so he won.

k4omNCD.gif

What, one and a half times? He landed one. The other one was absorbed principally by the collision of their torsos.

The reality is, and what the rest of us actually watched happen in the fight while you were distracted by a lack of adderall and some sudden movements in your peripheral vision, was Jones getting slower and more desperate as he absorbed repeated strikes to the face and head. So much so that he had to sit down at the end of the fight, be carried out of the cage, and taken to the hospital on a gurney.

So much so that he stumbled around the cage like a drunk man and came out to the 5th barely able to walk. Deal with it son, this is reality.

I had Jones 5-0, maybe 4-1. He pushed forward the whole time. Don't back up if you're expecting a decision, rightfully so.

You're as dumb as the jones haters, jones backed up the whole fight. It was part of his strategy yes but gus was the main aggressor unless you're a blind nutthugging moron

Hi noob. Welcome to MMA.

Let me introduce you to the scientific concepts of inertia and impetus.

That strike was all about the kinetic energy generated by spinning his body. All of his follow on strikes lacked any power, and hence, Jones was neither able to finish Gustafsson, nor was he able to take him down (in fact getting rather unceremoniously thrown to the ground when he tried). The spinning back elbow was a hail mary, because that was all he had left.

This dude is not serious

Everyone on Facebook sure thinks Gus won...
https://www.facebook.com/UFC

and is letting the UFC know... Hell, most of the people on there are now claiming that the UFC fixes fight decisions.. This is not good for business.

A 49-46 Jones is pure robbery.

Gus won 1, 2, and 3.. And was winning the 4th until the elbow stunned him during the last 30 seconds.. I'd still give round 4 to Gus. Round 5 was Jones.

Gus still won.

This is a MMA forum and put your fucking fighter likes to the side, Bones lost and the general public is even starting to compare the UFC to the WWE in regards to fixed decisions. There have been way too many lazy decisions this year and this one tops them all imo

Gus still won.

This is a MMA forum and put your fucking fighter likes to the side, Bones lost and the general public is even starting to compare the UFC to the WWE in regards to fixed decisions. There have been way too many lazy decisions this year and this one tops them all imo

Gus lost and that is the fact and many thought jones won including Dana.

Most of the public dont like Jones so you need a better merit system than that. I can see someone saying it was a close fight and either fighter could of gotten it but the push that the public matter in a jones debate is comical.

Last edited:
Back