Saudi woman burns Filipino maid with boiling water.

Lazy Saudis?

Here's one for you:

The US Army does an exchange program with allied countries to train their junior officers. You will see LT's from portugal, saudi, egypt, jamaica, etc at every officer basic course. Mine was no different. We had a variety within our formation to include 2 Saudis. You could tell from day 1 they were going to be difficult.

On the first week you do a short ruckmarch with a *VERY* light pack of 35lbs, no armor, no weapon, softcap, etc. for a distance of like 4 miles. A fucking joke. So we are forming up at 0400 or whatever and I start hearing the NCO cadre murmering a bit. I caught just a bit and it referred to the Saudis, rucks, and would end up with some grumbling.

Sure enough, here they come, late. Uniforms just jacked the fuck up. We start lining up on opposite sides of the road and then I hear it...

"Sergeant. Sergeant. Sergeat. Sergeat. Sergeant."

...no response from cadre...

"Sergeant. You carry my ruck. Sergeant?"

Then fucking laughter. 2 cadre just bust out laughing and walk away. I could not believe what I was hearing. Turns out every class they have one of these guys. They make the NCOs carry their shit back in their country. Anyhow - this little turd, who couldn't weigh more than 125lbs, falls the fuck out at mile 2. Gets picked up in a van. We see him smoking a cigarette at the finish. I could not hide my disgust. And I couldn't hide it again, that during our gauntlet phase where we do 24hr ops they could not stay the night in the field, they had to be bused out every day (so you know, they never pulled guard shifts, did maintenance on vehicles, or any of the other soul grinding work that kept you up for 22 hours a day). Nope these fucks didn't eat MRE's, and had to take showers, etc. Oh - prayer time just happened around daily maintenance, or anytime we had to do work.

Serious resentment from every other officer there. Like I wanted to hurt them bad. Their arrogance and unwillingness to do ANYTHING made me realize they are incompetent pieces of shit. If we ever go to war with them, 3 privates and an NCO would probably destroy entire Saudi battallions.

Now that may seem like I hate Muslims, or middle easterners, etc. Nope. Because on my team was an Egyptian officer. A Muslim also. He did everything with us. Ate whatever was there. Took his guard shifts. Mopped floors. Like a fucking Soldier. In fact, years later I saw him again at the career course and we talked about those 2 turd Saudis and he laughed. I guess they have a reputation around the world.

Now that may seem like I hate Muslims, or middle easterners, etc. Nope. Because on my team was an Egyptian officer. A Muslim also. He did everything with us. Ate whatever was there. Took his guard shifts. Mopped floors. Like a fucking Soldier. In fact, years later I saw him again at the career course and we talked about those 2 turd Saudis and he laughed. I guess they have a reputation around the world.

Hezbollah would own Saudis on the battlefield if ever the 2 met . The Saudis just have the technological edge but that only goes soo far. It's only the Salafist Jihadis that can get down in the trenches (so to speak) with Hez. The rank and file Gulf armies are like their civilian counterparts ; they abhor any sort of physical work and never accept responsibility for anything.

Saudis especially but other oil rich Gulfies (Qataris,Kuwaits, Emiratis , Bahrainis to an extent ) just have this attitude from birth that they are soo superior to everyone else , that physical work and risky jobs are for the inferior races.

I had a bro in Afghanistan whose interpreter had a college degree, spoke about 5 languages (outside of the local dialects) and was a whiz with Windows, MS Office, and the like. They were all wondering "What are you doing here with us in the ISH when you could be in HQ, chilling out?!?!"

The interpreter said "Because I can read and use computers, I would be assigned to a General as his secretary. If the General ever needed "relief", I would have to do it or I would be accused of being a terrorist and either shot/beheaded. Here is better."

Lazy Saudis?

Here's one for you:

The US Army does an exchange program with allied countries to train their junior officers. You will see LT's from portugal, saudi, egypt, jamaica, etc at every officer basic course. Mine was no different. We had a variety within our formation to include 2 Saudis. You could tell from day 1 they were going to be difficult.

On the first week you do a short ruckmarch with a *VERY* light pack of 35lbs, no armor, no weapon, softcap, etc. for a distance of like 4 miles. A fucking joke. So we are forming up at 0400 or whatever and I start hearing the NCO cadre murmering a bit. I caught just a bit and it referred to the Saudis, rucks, and would end up with some grumbling.

Sure enough, here they come, late. Uniforms just jacked the fuck up. We start lining up on opposite sides of the road and then I hear it...

Then fucking laughter. 2 cadre just bust out laughing and walk away. I could not believe what I was hearing. Turns out every class they have one of these guys. They make the NCOs carry their shit back in their country. Anyhow - this little turd, who couldn't weigh more than 125lbs, falls the fuck out at mile 2. Gets picked up in a van. We see him smoking a cigarette at the finish. I could not hide my disgust. And I couldn't hide it again, that during our gauntlet phase where we do 24hr ops they could not stay the night in the field, they had to be bused out every day (so you know, they never pulled guard shifts, did maintenance on vehicles, or any of the other soul grinding work that kept you up for 22 hours a day). Nope these fucks didn't eat MRE's, and had to take showers, etc. Oh - prayer time just happened around daily maintenance, or anytime we had to do work.

Serious resentment from every other officer there. Like I wanted to hurt them bad. Their arrogance and unwillingness to do ANYTHING made me realize they are incompetent pieces of shit. If we ever go to war with them, 3 privates and an NCO would probably destroy entire Saudi battallions.

Don't know why...but this post made me laugh my a$$ off so many times.

Especially the party of 3 privates and an NCO taking on Saudi Battallions.

i didn't even know there were filipinos in saudi arabia.
A lot of oil rich countries in the middle east have TONS of expatriates in them. In the UAE only about 13% OF THE ENTIRE POPULATION is from there! The other 87% are foreign nationals, which is just crazy to think about. Sadly most of those expatriates are foreign workers from poor countries who are treated horribly, like the maid in the TS article.

Lazy Saudis?

Here's one for you:

LOL

You should write a book. This is hilarious.

Personally, I blame the dinosaurs. If those stupid giant reptiles hadn't died, become fossilized, and then allowed themselves to be converted into petroleum as a result of being acted upon by millions of years of natural and geologic forces, then there's no way that Saudis would've been able to acquire the means to build a modern industrialized country where they could beat up Filipino guest workers and dump boiling water on them with impunity.

And let's not forget that stupid asteroid that slammed into the Gulf of Mexico 65,000,000 years ago during the Jurassic Era. I don't want anyone thinking it should get a pass...

You are getting the idea. There is really no way to place blame on an entire culture or an entire people for the actions of a few.

Personally, I blame the dinosaurs. If those stupid giant reptiles hadn't died, become fossilized, and then allowed themselves to be converted into petroleum as a result of being acted upon by millions of years of natural and geologic forces, then there's no way that Saudis would've been able to acquire the means to build a modern industrialized country where they could beat up Filipino guest workers and dump boiling water on them with impunity.

And let's not forget that stupid asteroid that slammed into the Gulf of Mexico 65,000,000 years ago during the Jurassic Era. I don't want anyone thinking it should get a pass...

It was actually the cretaceous. But an A for effort.

[CONT'D]

"...enough to hire Filipinos to come and work for them as maids. Then, if they get mad at them they'll just beat them up and scald them with boiling water!"

"Wilkinson, I think you're *really* reaching here..."

Maybe not specifically boiled maids, but what was the purpose of giving them the technological know how to do these thing? Would it not have been more strategically sound to keep the knowledge to ourselves, and just trade something else to the Saudis in exchange for drilling on their land?

Ever since we showed them how to drill, what have they done besides give us oil embargoes, and get rich off of us, and treat their maids badly?

Maybe not specifically boiled maids, but what was the purpose of giving them the technological know how to do these thing? Would it not have been more strategically sound to keep the knowledge to ourselves, and just trade something else to the Saudis in exchange for drilling on their land?

Ever since we showed them how to drill, what have they done besides give us oil embargoes, and get rich off of us, and treat their maids badly?

And fly planes into American buildings.

Forgot that one. Brought to you by Saudis.

I had a bro in Afghanistan whose interpreter had a college degree, spoke about 5 languages (outside of the local dialects) and was a whiz with Windows, MS Office, and the like. They were all wondering "What are you doing here with us in the ISH when you could be in HQ, chilling out?!?!"

The interpreter said "Because I can read and use computers, I would be assigned to a General as his secretary. If the General ever needed "relief", I would have to do it or I would be accused of being a terrorist and either shot/beheaded. Here is better."

the interpreter was a man or a woman?

Found these reviews from people who worked in Saudi Arabia..

"I am not being mean but honest. the people here are totally rude and awful. everyday i saw an incident that showed this.. from my English colleague getting whipped with a stick while he was cycling. to children throwing stones and dirt at anyone who is foreign, to treating poor migrant workers with contempt and like slaves, having change at a shops thrown at you, to regularly being confronted by teenagers.i never thought a group of people could be like this, but i was in utter shock, i don't know how i lasted 4 months there.. in jubail,.. al huba and dammam.. i having nothing personal against any group of people , i am merely stating my experience and feeling there, and it was shared by many of my colleagues.

oh the kids , as young as 9, drive cars here, they speed on the highway way over125 mph and some teens drift with their cars. everything is cheap though. oh i was working in a college, all schools are seperate sex and lets just say i think some of the boys get too friendly with each other.

my advise to living in such a place, don't get provoked, if you are there for work just put your head down and get on with it, if you are a muslim and believe you are going to the "homeland" prepare for the worst, sorry it's true, maybe in Mecca or Medina it's fine. "

"I almost forgot: Stay away from Deera Square in the old section of Riyadh on Fridays from the end of midday mosque service until the "asr" mid-afternoon prayers. The expats call it "chop chop" square for a reason. There's always a big crowd to watch the beheadings and they're all hopped up from a long and fiery sermon...the Mutaween is, of course, all over the place, and if they notice you're a Westerner, they'll push you up to the front so you can see Sharia justice in action...sometimes several times over. And it's not always a beheading, sometimes it's a teenage girl being stoned to death. Did I mention they won't let you leave till it's over?

I suspect most of them just like to watch us filthy infidels throw up on their shoes"

You are getting the idea. There is really no way to place blame on an entire culture or an entire people for the actions of a few.

Saudi society has defacto form of slavery ; I am talking about the system of employment that binds an employee to his/her sponsor . The sponsor holds the passport of the employee , which effectively puts the employee at the mercy of the sponsor/employer. You can certainly blame the Saudi culture for this because this is the law and the norm.

Back in 2011 Indonesia banned its citizens from working in Saudi as maids, because the situation of housemaid abuse had gotten soo bad and Saudi authorities had refused to do anything meaningfull abou it. So you still think it is just a few outlier cases.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-13878418

----------

Nour Miyati, the Indonesian maid who accused her sponsor of torturing her and keeping her tied up in a bathroom for a month, was released yesterday into her lawyer’s custody from the charity society where she was being cared for....In March, Nour Miyati was taken to a Riyadh hospital by her sponsor in critical condition. She was suffering from severe injuries which caused gangrene to her fingers, toes and part of her right foot. Some of her fingers were amputated. At first she claimed that her sponsor had tied her up for a month in a bathroom and beat her severely, injuring her eyes and knocking several of her teeth out.

An isolated instance? No, this sort of thing is being reported all the time. Often the risk they face is sexual, from the father of the household, or the son(s), or both.

Above quote from below website ; it is by a Saudi citizen , who is from one of the ethnic Arabian tribes of the region and not an Afro Arab or Saudi of recent foreign roots.

http://muttawa.blogspot.com/2005/11/saudi-arabia-to-tackle-racism.html

-------------

Saudi Labor minister himself says "Saudis are arrogant and racist"

JEDDAH: The majority of Saudis and non-Saudis agree with Labor Minister Ghazi Al-Gosaibi’s statement that Saudis are “arrogant and racist,” according to an Arab News survey. Al-Gosaibi made his controversial comments on Dec. 28, while addressing the heads of labor departments in Saudi provinces.

In a survey conducted by Arab News, 8 out of 10 non-Saudis (including Arabs, Asians and Westerners) and 9 out of 10 Saudis agreed with Al-Gosaibi’s statement that Saudis are “arrogant and racist.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/319600

Maybee you white knights should find another cause to champion cause you are wrong about it being just a small # of individuals.

Now that it is Summer Summer time, I want to go on another vacation. I wonder what a trip to Saudi Arabia would be like. Anybody know any fun things to see and do while there?

For their own safety, Philippines must ban their workers from going to the ME and working as domestic helpers.

Why do euros and Muricans get flak but not the ME?

Back