Saudi woman burns Filipino maid with boiling water.

Now that it is Summer Summer time, I want to go on another vacation. I wonder what a trip to Saudi Arabia would be like. Anybody know any fun things to see and do while there?

Cross dress, put on a wig, and drive a car. Do us that favor?

Woah, Zeke, when did you return?!

I'm not quite sure that I have. Or for how long. It seems than many of us elderly sherdoggers are meeting a swift end with the ban hammer. It is not hard to imagine a scenario where I too am crushed.

Wasn't there a story about a homo prince who got caught beating up his black boyfriend in a hotel in London or something?

Nothing will happen to the woman. Arabs are the master race in Saudi Arabia

It is tragic that Filipino's are being taken advantage of all over the world. Canada has a temporary foreign workers program that allows employers to hire people from outside of Canada . Many of the employers hire people from the Philippine's and unfortunately don't treat them very well. They are paid less and subject to threats and physical abuse.

Canada is a hot destination for Filipinos because they have a permanent residency program for live in caretakers. They can apply for permanent residency after 2 years of work as a nanny and then sponsor their family. No other country provides permanent residency for caretakers after 2 years. Filipino nannies have exploited the live in caretaker program so prolifically that the government is trying to excellerate a reform in the law specifcally to curb Filipino caretakers from taking advantage of the permanent residency program.

It's somewhat comical that you are in the belief that Filipino nannies are being exploited while they have actually been exploiting Canadian immigration policies.

Necro enough?

Necro enough?

6 months isn't really a necro. This whole Filipino nanny thing is kind of a hot topic in Canada since they're trying to reform the permanent residency program because of years of exploitation by Filo nannies.

Canada is a hot destination for Filipinos because they have a permanent residency program for live in caretakers. They can apply for permanent residency after 2 years of work as a nanny and then sponsor their family. No other country provides permanent residency for caretakers after 2 years. Filipino nannies have exploited the live in caretaker program so prolifically that the government is trying to excellerate a reform in the law specifcally to curb Filipino caretakers from taking advantage of the permanent residency program.

It's somewhat comical that you are in the belief that Filipino nannies are being exploited while they have actually been exploiting Canadian immigration policies.

In response I would say the exploitation goes both ways. My wife worked on a legal case where a hotel in Canada was exploiting female Filipino workers. The hotel was paying the women little money, forcing them to work long hours, made them live in shoddy rooms in the hotel basement and threatened to send them back to the Philippines if they complained.

If it matters, the man who owned the hotel was from India.

In response I would say the exploitation goes both ways. My wife worked on a legal case where a hotel in Canada was exploiting female Filipino workers. The hotel was paying the women little money, forcing them to work long hours, made them live in shoddy rooms in the hotel basement and threatened to send them back to the Philippines if they complained.

If it matters, the man who owned the hotel was from India.

The loophole in the permanent residency program applied only to caretakers like nannies. In most other countries, caretakers go through the same applicant processes as other temporary workers. Canada is the exception and over 90% of those who took advantage of the caretaker permanent residency program were Filipino nannies who then sponsored their families. Their intent was not to provide caretaker services, but gain permament status in Canada for themselves and their families. So there is a constant flow of nannies turning over every 2-5 years. The point being that nannies have a shortcut into Canada that was not available to other prospective immigrants.

The loophole in the permanent residency program applied only to caretakers like nannies. In most other countries, caretakers go through the same applicant processes as other temporary workers. Canada is the exception and over 90% of those who took advantage of the caretaker permanent residency program were Filipino nannies who then sponsored their families. Their intent was not to provide caretaker services, but gain permament status in Canada for themselves and their families. So there is a constant flow of nannies turning over every 2-5 years. The point being that nannies have a shortcut into Canada that was not available to other prospective immigrants.

tumblr_mq8nr7yCqG1sohhdmo1_400.gif

Banchan hatred towards south east asians is timeless enough.

I did not indicate that I hated South East Asians, but that there were problems with immigrants and integrating them into Korea, which is true.

Back