Saudi woman burns Filipino maid with boiling water.

Or maybe it is because they know they cannot do anything about it, unless it is Arab Spring level rebellion, or else they will suffer consequences.

I am curious as to how the rest of the lowly, commoner Bedouins are treated by the chieftains and their ilk.

The Saudi government does not stipulate the locals treat their maids like shit, so if most of the people weren't assholes it wouldn't be happening, or if it did their society would put a stop to it. The reason stuff like this is prevalent over there is because most of the people are assholes and the government is fine with this sort of behavior.

I just don't think it is fair to say they are all cruel and mean spirited. The rich people all over the world tend to be extreme on either sides of the moral spectrum within the accepted boundaries of their respective cultures.

Obviously they aren all like that, just the culture as a whole is.

The Saudi government does not stipulate the locals treat their maids like shit, so if most of the people weren't assholes it wouldn't be happening, or if it did their society would put a stop to it. The reason stuff like this is prevalent over there is because most of the people are assholes and the government is fine with this sort of behavior.

Is it well known and common knowledge that even the lowliest, peasant, sheep herding, camel jockeying, digger of holes in the friggin desert hoping to find a magical lamp with a Genie, Alladin, Sinbad mofo treats their maids like shit?

If so, then yeh, that is pretty bad. But if it is just the gubment not doing anything, well, what is Alladin going to do? His only chance is to find that magical lamp and rub the heck out of it.

I hate resorting to blanket generalizations, xenophobic, and duuur Amerika fuck yea type of comments, but Saudi Arabia is absolutely deplorable as a country...it's royal elite is beyond disgusting, ....fuck that country....fuck its "royal" elite...

god these people piss me off. they just feel so superior to any non-muslim, that they are entitled to do anything. i bet she was getting a pittance as far as pay goes too.

haven't seen this on the tv news yet. hope it gets on so maybe some people will donate some money towards the poor person.
she can obviously not work anymore. she would family back home who were relying on her money i expect.
she is gonna need many operations and ongoing medical treatment for yrs i imagine. this is life-changing stuff isn't it?
what happened to the person who did this?

Is it well known and common knowledge that even the lowliest, peasant, sheep herding, camel jockeying, digger of holes in the friggin desert hoping to find a magical lamp with a Genie, Alladin, Sinbad mofo treats their maids like shit?

If so, then yeh, that is pretty bad. But if it is just the gubment not doing anything, well, what is Alladin going to do? His only chance is to find that magical lamp and rub the heck out of it.

If government and Saudi society in general decisively punished the perps, such behavior wouldn't be commonplace , and that would mean only a minority are assholes .

I hate resorting to blanket generalizations, xenophobic, and duuur Amerika fuck yea type of comments, but Saudi Arabia is absolutely deplorable as a country...it's royal elite is beyond disgusting, ....fuck that country....fuck its "royal" elite...

Qatat & UAE as well. Heck. just any oil producing country in the middle-east.

any country that is wealthy because of winning the geographical lottery of having oil can have the audacity to act barbaric. they can afford to not go to school or work because they have slaves to do all the work for them.

& for every news like this, there's probably hundreds that went unreported. they want to look pristine & tolerant while keeping the crime rates low.

Saudis like most of their fellow Gulf Arabs are very arrogant and haughty. They are also extremely racist and see Africans and Asians as sub-human. Wealthier Asian nationalities are treated better but still seen as inferior due to not being Caucasoid.

Been to Saudi a few times... This is a spot on assessment.

They treat these Asian workers like this because Gulf Arabs still retain the mentality of a slave driver, they think some peoples are animals so there is nothing wrong in brutalising them.

Yet aren't we all aware Arabs claiming that Arab slavery was nothing like Western slavery as they treated their slaves good. Seeing how they treat poor migrant workers now, why would anyone believe their Bullshit excuses.

That is way over the top never do something to others you will not accept being done to yourself. Let's round up the boiling water all star team and start a boil underneath a volcano.

Fucking disgusting. Filipinos are really cool people, very laid back, and welcoming and Saudi's are a heaping pile of shit sauce.

Filipinos should know better than to deal with Muslim dogs because of current history they have with them in the Philippines.

Fucked up situation. Such a cruel world we live in.

Come on that is callous. That is a real person, who was just trying to make a living. She probably has a poor family back in the Philipines.

Sorry dude, story is sad but there isn't much else to say on the matter. If it means anything, I originally wanted to go with "Cecil Peoples' gave it 29-28 Filipino maid."

I just don't think it is fair to say they are all cruel and mean spirited. The rich people all over the world tend to be extreme on either sides of the moral spectrum within the accepted boundaries of their respective cultures.

the boundaries of their culture included boiling your servants alive. that is why they are all cruel and mean spirited.

This is not new and not a secret. The middle east is a fucked up place. PEOPLE OF THE PHILIPPINES. If you care about your safety or your dignity, DO NOT WORK IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

Back