• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russian invasion of Ukraine Megathread V1

Are you for or against Putin?

• I'm for Putin.

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • I'm against Putin.

Votes: 228 77.0%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • I'm apathetic to this.

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • No comment.

Votes: 13 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always thought that too. I mean Nagasaki and Hiroshima were up and running in a few years ffs.
Those bombs had the energy of about 20,000 tons of TNT. A modern thermonuclear bomb has the energy of about 1,200,000 tons of TNT. There are also over 10,000 nuclear bombs in the world.

Yes, it's always the same story. And NATO will fight Russians to the last living Ukrainian. I'm really bummed out by what's going on right now, hate seeing Slavs killing each other. But this is something that was bound to happen, sooner or later. Hopefully, it will be a quick one in terms of the actual combat.

Нема рата док не удари брат на брата.

I've read some people on here supporting Putin. So that made me wonder if I made a poll, what the numbers would be like. Just pure curiosity to see how many people support him on here.

Putin is a power hungry megalomaniac. I don't know what his end game is, and how far is he going to go with this military invasion. I just hope he gets his high off this invasion and slowly comes down from it and realizes it's just madness and should activate cease fire and back away.

But I seriously doubt that. That's just wishful thinking at best.

_123404005_ukraine_russian_strikes_map_v2_24feb_640_v3-nc.png

the poll question is skewed because it forces people to make a hard commitment for or against putin. if you reword it so that the many people on the right that sympathize with putin can say so without being so definitive you will get different results.

cockroaches stay out of the light it what im saying.

I'm against aggressive powers invading countries, let's be clear on that. However, when it comes to Russia vs the elites that control our country, I have no horse in this race. Its comical that people are losing their shit over this, morally grandstanding when America frequently does this sort of thing. Its one group of criminals vs another group of criminals as far as I'm concerned.

So Ukraine just banned men ages 18 to 60 from leaving and gave them rifles.

Sounds like they are willing to fight to death

I have a degree in history.
BS degree.
And from the looks of it you live in one of these countries and are taking what I'm saying personally.
Yeah.

What from this?

I take it personnally. I hate Russia.

Anyway, ppl had told me things like: if you do not have at least bachelor's degree, you are lost, will be poor.

Things like: you always will be employee.

IRL I even had created businesses together with other ppl.

Unskilled, yeah. LOL.

No one will order me what to think or consider me as russia's property.

I might move to U.K or France, they at least does have nuclear bombs.
And I will not send my CV to get job.
Ofc I'm not very rich but still might easily qualify for investor's permit in the same U.K with their nuclear bomb and with my bad english too will not be problems.

I had absolutely nothing and now I have office, car without loan etc things.
Cos I'm stupid and unskilled, yeah.

Last edited:
I'm for him as much as I was for W bombing the shit out of Iraq. As much as I was for Obama bombing the shit out of Libya. As much as we have contributed to Yemen being called the biggest humantarian crisis in history.

giphy.gif

I see where you're going. You're not quite willing to outright defend invading another country and abandon your "anti-war" position, but you're going to try to change the subject with whatabouts because you can't actually bring yourself to criticize Putin.

So Ukraine just banned men ages 18 to 60 from leaving and gave them rifles.

Sounds like they are willing to fight to death

lol. link? If I was in Ukraine, I'd have already gotten the F out.

My guess is they will agree to a ceasefire with Russia taking a small portion of Ukraine, with tensions high many years to come

Like I said before,
The time for a ceasefire and negotiations to re-start is when they hit the river, effectively taking eastern Ukraine..

The provinces Putin was claiming to protect are only on the eastern front, so why invade from the south and north..?

And if someone can explain, why fight so hard for Chernobyl? Sorry, I'm just not getting updated as fast as most of you at the moment.

Neither.

I don't like any type of aggressive militarism, but you can make a lot of criticisms of Putin that you can make of leaders of other countries who don't get nearly as much press.

After I came to the realization that I've spent the entirety of my life living in countries that subsist on the exploitation of others, I stopped moralizing about what goes on in the rest of the world.

eh not really... theyre getting bog down heavily from what the satellites and maps show

clear idea

Rumour is also that Ukraine regained the Hostomel airport near Kiev.

That's what you want. Trump made a UGE point in pushing the persona of... we are not going to telegraph any move and fuck you to those messing with us and ours. I have to say. Putin's crazy look during his speech and his unhinged historical break down will play well in scaring the shit out of Europe.

My Finnish friend reached out last night (via chat) and he's wondering what we are going to do. I told him... you're likely on your own. He hated Trump. He still doesn't like Trump, but now he's not good with Biden either, which is a change. I warned him about this, now he's listening.
Are you implying your friend blames Biden for this?

The US and Nato have been trying to force Russia in to a corner for decades, and this may be the beginning of that result. I'm not justifying the invasion, but I can see how Russia views Ukraines membership in Nato as a huge secruity issue. The US would never allow Russia to keep armies in countries surrounding it. The US has steadily been pushing for war with Russia for a very long time. Biden had no real plan to deal with this, and he was outplayed by Putin. Biden had mentioned something about being ready in the future, but unless that means boots on the ground in Ukraine, or planes in the sky, then the US and Nato aren't doing shit. I don't believe the US has support for joining this war, and if they were to do a poll I'm positive that they citizens of the US would largely be antiwar in this case. I don't really know what Nato intends to do here, but I'm going to assume nothing unless it's outside of Ukraine. I also think the US is going to need Russia's help in the coming war with China that I believe is probably going to happen.

Sanctions, negotiations, hostile relationships, but I don't see it going further once Russia takes what they want. Hopefully they don't try to drag Nato in to this.

I also have to say it even though you guys will call me a conspiracy theorist, but the US has an incentive here to plan a false flag attack in Ukraine and blame it on Russia. Some tragic event that harms citizens, to try and garner support for the US or Nato to get involved. If you think that could never happen, I don't think that's the case.

Do you think this is a false flag?

Seems that Germany and Italy already cause trouble as far kicking out Russia from SWIFT goes....

Pretty fucking lame.

More footage from start of the Russian air (helicopter) assault on the Hostomel airfield.
At 03 seconds you can hear a missile firing and the missile flying and missing the nearest helicopter.
Sounds like later at 27 seconds another is fired and at 37 seconds you can clearly see the vane left by the missile from center right towards upper left.

I see where you're going. You're not quite willing to outright defend invading another country and abandon your "anti-war" position, but you're going to try to change the subject with whatabouts because you can't actually bring yourself to criticize Putin.
I see a lot of people saying they are completely against putin invading another country, while simultaneously saying they don't think America need to get involved. Seems like a reasonable position to me. However, sherdog lefties claim that makes you a traitor.

This is a nonsense reply.

You want everyone to rally around and decry how Putin is this unique dictator as if we haven't seen this story before in our recent history.

You are a "hand in the sand-er". Don't tell me anything that makes me think about what my country has done. Putin is evil. He is uniquely evil. No one has done anything remotely as bad as him ever and there is nothing else that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back