International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V15

In 2010 th Russia and Ukraine had agreement to extend naval base rent in Sevastopol, according to Putin and Co & Russian State Duma ....in Ukraine.
Putin even had AFAIK smoothly paid rent according to schedule.
2014 th ....Putin...Crimea is Russia!!@@

With any luck Europe will continue to ramp up. Filling the artillery gap left by America (and SK) is a massive task which honestly they may never be up to. Fighter jets will help with the air defense.

Europe needs to push their advantages to compensate for the artillery shortcomings . Tap into Greece's retiring F-16's, send fighters other than just F-16, win the drone manufacturing war, win the air launched munition war and churn out enough vehicles to cover the burn rate. All of which I think are possible.

The US delays have given European leaders a good scare and they did shit bricks. Now the US has given them time.

Hopefully they act accordingly.
Europe is capable to rack up and very seriously. Biggest problem is that this requires also investments from companies, not only from governments. Companies wants steady long term contracts like for 10 years, better for 15 years in order to install new production lines. Workforce while in reality awailable, needs security clearance and background check in depth etc too
..it is easy and simple task for example to hire cleaner for supermarket and different stuff is to hire cleaner in ammo factory ( background check in depth )...
Not alone to talk about technicians and engineers.

So for long term contracts there political will is needed that government will sign long term contracts ....

In some cases something had been done, even co funding like gov plus companies investments in order to install new production lines.

If to be fair, for europe more problems are bireucracy and political decisions rather than physical abilities to install new production line etc...

So mistreating ethnic minorities gives country a right to invade? If every country in the world followed this logic then I'm afraid we would be deep now into nuclear winter.

If I were a citizen of country A residing in country B and country B would be against citizens of country A then guess what. I would pack my bags and move to where I came from.

oh, so now intervening is bad?

funny how nato members intervene left and right, but it's only an issue when russia does it

its like a professional thief who steals daily getting upset cause someone else stole something

For example in one case it took some months until decision to start evaluation process, then approx 12 months nightmare till company get papers...this is Europe!
Then politicians assumed that company will install new production line in best case 12 -18 months after they get papers done.
Company managed to install production line in 6 months after they get papers. This too is.. Europe...reality.

Don't get me wrong. If it was up to me, the US and Europe arms Ukraine until they can completely expel Russia out of Donbas and Crimea. It's still far cheaper in the long run than the consequences of letting Russia win.

I'm just losing faith in American support for the war.

Timestamped.

I agree with you though, the U.S. should be going hard in the paint in supporting Ukraine.
Better American bombs and bullets than American bodies.

Looks that Ukraine will attempt to instruct europe what to do with immigrants while Ukr is literally living on EU countries bankroll. It will not end well for Ukraine.

Also Ukraine had developed idea to deny consular services for Ukr citizens males aged 18-60 unless to issue paper allowing to return to Ukraine.
I expect outcome that there will be a lot of cases when guys will attempt to get other citizenship or at least denounce their current citizenship. In some countries it is possible to denounce citizenship and you will be just person without citizenship. In such case in some countries is easier to do naturalisation process ....if you don't have any citizenship....and Ukraine can't regulate laws in other countries.

I will see next week what stuff Urzula will tell about this Ukrainian idea with consular services denial for Ukr citizens living in EU.
Maybe Ukr might not get next paycheck.
Orban already is attempting to block a lot of stuff and now Ukr had gifted Orban with new tool he will be able to use with huge effect.

One from forms of aid Europe is providing for Ukraine is macro financial assistance program.
In March 2024 th Ukr had get 4,5 b EUR in form of direct money transfer. Portion.
For this month next portion 1,5 b EUR.

For next month ( May 2024 th ) Zelensky told Urzula that he wants to get 2 b EUR portion.

And now he is doing shit with consular services, will make Urzula angry exactly in timeframe when Ukr badly needs to get next portion for May approwed. Damn stupidity and this is only beginning.

Spain refused to gave Ukr their Patriot battery... agreed to send some maybe 50 missiles for Patriot but not battery....

reportedly 60+ drones used in attack on Krasnodar Krai

Reactions: PEB