• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russian invasion of Ukraine Megathread V1

Are you for or against Putin?

• I'm for Putin.

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • I'm against Putin.

Votes: 228 77.0%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • I'm apathetic to this.

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • No comment.

Votes: 13 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason to get upset and create strawmen.
damn, you right. My bad for trying to have a discussion and get your opinion on a matter I don't even disagree with you about

lol @ "Strawman"
IuZSpt0.png

Yeah then putin could have invaded and set up a puppet on the same day.
When and why? He already had a government that was favorable to him, before the US backed coup threw them all in jail and installed Zelensky.

Finland is roughly half the size of Ukraine(~130,000 sqmi to Ukraine's ~230,000sqmi) and isn't a NATO member, try again. If NATO wants to actually contain Russia then admitting Finland would be an important step towards there.

Exactly.

Finland is more aligned with NATO than Ukraine ever was.

They have been one foot in the door for a long time.

The size isn't the issue it's proximity I thought.

The Finnish/Russian border is massive, possibly even larger than the Ukraine/Russian border, in any case.

The point remains.

How many border countries is Putin going to be allowed to invade just because they're too close and they're all worried about being invaded?

damn, you right. My bad for trying to have a discussion and get your opinion on a matter I don't even disagree with you about

lol @ "Strawman"
IuZSpt0.png
It may be time to take a break if a thread on a karate forum is "exhausting" you like you claim.

Calling it now. Putin nukes Moscow in a false flag attack and brings about a nuclear apocalypse.

You're overthinking this imo. Modern weapons made distance way less relevant. I think it's all about the lost empire.

Not saying you're wrong though.
I think you're underestimating how much logistics depends on things like distance and terrain. Yes technically the US could try to air strike Russia but its logistically a lot easier to fight Russia if you have Ukraine as a strategic ally. You can't roll tanks and ground troops from an ocean away, you need a staging point for such an invasion. There are already NATO countries bordering Russia but none as large as Ukraine, a NATO attack from there would be devastating for Russia.

The whole point of rebuilding the USSR sphere of influence is that it means recreating a large buffer zone for Russia that allows it to threaten the West rather than the other way around.

Tbh Ukraine going into the EU and the eastern provinces gaining independence is for the best of everyone involved. Ukraine def could have kept Crimea and said provinces if it had kept it's Russian puppet but the Western Ukrainians(some of whom I'm friends with) didn't want him US coup or no US coup. There was real popular backing there which isn't the case with a lot of US coups. The whole house of cards could have been maintained but it would have remained a house of cards and this is a resolution that will leave no one happy(Russia doesn't want Ukraine to go to the West, Ukraine doesn't want to lose territory) but everyone can live with.

This is the cost of Ukraine(which is Russian but has a different history akin to Austria and Germany) and Russia going their seperate ways. Ukraine is a large(huge) country whose people were in a tug of war over it's direction and this will see that resolved without getting too messy.

Last edited:
Finland is more aligned with NATO than Ukraine ever was.

They have been one foot in the door for a long time.

The size isn't the issue it's proximity I thought.

The Finnish/Russian border is massive, possibly even larger than the Ukraine/Russian border, in any case.

The point remains.

How many border countries is Putin going to be allowed to invade just because they're too close and they're all worried about being invaded?
Exactly, Ukraine was always tipped more towards the Russian camp. To lose Ukraine would be devastating from the Russian strategic POV.

Not saying this justifies the invasions, sometimes the moral and wise thing to do is to let your country lose power and influence. All the colonial powers at some point had to make peace with that fact as decolonization was underway and wherever they resisted(e.g. Algerian War of Independence) they came out looking as the greater evil.

I think you're underestimating how much logistics depends on things like distance and terrain. Yes technically the US could try to air strike Russia but its logistically a lot easier to fight Russia if you have Ukraine as a strategic ally. You can't roll tanks and ground troops from an ocean away, you need a staging point for such an invasion. There are already NATO countries bordering Russia but none as large as Ukraine, a NATO attack from there would be devastating for Russia.

The whole point of rebuilding the USSR sphere of influence is that it means recreating a large buffer zone for Russia that allows it to threaten the West rather than the other way around.
I was talking about the difference between Finland and Ukraine. It's totally negligible.

This thread demonstrates how our population is irreconcilable in our differences.

Half the people are calling the other half white nationalists or communists. Talking about diversity and politics.

I swear we could have China landing on our shores and half the US population would want to ensure we weren’t aggravating Asian American hate.
Thought I clicked on wrong thread lol

man fuck this shit i'm going to war. but to hell with call of duty, i'ma play me some age of empires 4 and lay waste to the russians as i take over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back