• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia vs Ukraine Combat Megathread vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much, I think before this war happened you could make an argument that Putin as evil/authoritarian as he was had shown a good degree of politcal smarts in terms of actions carried out, basically limiting them to situations were the outcome was clearly in his favour and the risks low. Its a BIG reason why I seriously doubted a lot of the hype for this invasion, I thought it was potentially just saber rattling that was being played up as much by our side looking for advantage rather than de escalation. But I think you can see now pretty obviously Putin has lanched a full scale invasion thats obviously morally wrong(not to say less than this wouldnt be wrong either, even Putin'ss own narrative would be highly questionable) and obviously highly risky for him.

If you are looking at moral arguments to be made at this stage that might go against the western media narrative then I think really the big point you raise is really what kind of role negotiation could have? questions over whether moral absolutes like "freedom" are always in the best interests of Ukrainains suffering. Honestly in that area I really don't know where I stand on that and perhaps its simply not our decision to be made although I suspect we would almost certainly play a big part in it.

As well I spose you could be critical of the idea that justifed horror at these events does need to be balanced with a cool head as to what the stakes really could be in terms of direct intervention, if your playing with the risk of nuclear war thats about as high stakes as you can possible play with, billions of deaths and the end of civilisation as we know it and I think obviously demands caution even in the face of what were seeing here, even moreso because as mentioned above Putin is now on much more dangerous ground for him.

I don't consider putin evil personally.. don't consider him good either

I don't like targeting Russians in general in this, I must say. Frankly, it's absurd. Seizing assets and businesses, funds and property and then expelling students in universities and banning athletes from competing and such? Jesus, man. They're not Putin.
I'm more pulling for Ukraine to survive if you made me pick, but it's unfortunate that this cancel culture crap seems to be spilling into something like this.
Going after people just based on nationality? Yikes.

You can't be serious? Are you telling me Pootin was prepared for his entire Country to be exiled like North Korea? The same Russians that live off 6000 a year? These people are now going to turn to CRYPTO to save them? That is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read in my life. Russia as we knew it will never exist again because of Pootin's massive failure in Ukraine. Best case scenario for Russia right now is they turn into North Korea v2.
Just for laughs, i wonder how many Rubles equal one bitcoin. lol

Hopefully the Generals remove him. This shut just needs to end. We are playing with fire and both Ukranians and Russians are being hurt.

There is absolutely no reason America and Russia should be enemies at this point. We have to start trying to understand our differences but realizing we have a whole lot in common.

As much as I dislike Biden, he is a gift from God over someone like Graham or Romney or 1 of these NeoCon retired Generals all over cable media. I watch these Fuckers and I start to think just possibly the Russians want peace more than us.

I hope you are right.

The best case scenario is this war grinding to a stalemate and peaceful negotiations taking place.

The saving grace of Biden and Boris Johnson is that they have decided not to get involved. Well, so far, anyway.

I don't consider putin evil personally.. don't consider him good either

That's a pretty unbelievable statement to me. If ordering civilians to be bombarded with artillery, clearly a war crime, doesn't qualify someone as evil, what would?

Just for laughs, i wonder how many Rubles equal one bitcoin. lol
4,825,646.00RUB
https://www.google.com/finance/quote/BTC-RUB?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPo9mYkK72AhUfRjABHbG4BjIQ-fUHegQIEhAS

"Bitcoin has overtaken Russia's ruble in terms of total value as the bitcoin price surges just as the ruble goes into freefall. Data from FiatMarketCap showed that the cryptocurrency has surpassed Ruble for the first in the global ranking of fiat currencies by market value in BTC, as the crypto is ranked 14th, whereas RUB at 17th in the list."
https://www.livemint.com/market/cry...le-for-the-cryptocurrency-11646288428624.html

Lol @ comparing BoJo to Putin. Queen Elizabeth, maybe, but Boris is a clown

I didn’t compare him to Putin. I compared him to an insecure pseudo intellectual who is incapable of objective thought.

I didn’t compare him to Putin. I compared him to an insecure pseudo intellectual who is incapable of objective thought.
you're still really obsessed with me and it's weird bud. I would probably move on.
Like I said, if you're that rustled feel free to shoot me a PM and we can hash it out. i don't think this thread is the place. I don't think anyone besides your fellow obsessed creeps care to read this constant crap where you cry and whine because you don't like what I have to say.

Still trying to catch up on this thread, but I haven't seen this posted yet.

That's a pretty unbelievable statement to me. If ordering civilians to be bombarded with artillery, clearly a war crime, doesn't qualify someone as evil, what would?

If this is the case all us leaders are evil.......

I reserve evil for the truly twisted.

you're still really obsessed with me and it's weird bud. I would probably move on.
Like I said, if you're that rustled feel free to shoot me a PM and we can hash it out. i don't think this thread is the place. I don't think anyone besides your fellow obsessed creeps care to read this constant crap where you cry and whine because you don't like what I have to say.

Your typical scrub, rinse, and repeat. You should tell us again how you haven't been wrong in these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.