• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia vs Ukraine Combat Megathread vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted any Russian news to my knoweldge at all, I have rarely if ever sourced anything Russian. I hardly even read Russian news, but now that RT is back I've been getting their side.

Okay wasn't you. Was Dexter and a couple others.

Okay wasn't you. Was Dexter and a couple others.
I don't agree with Dexter on everything and I think we have differing views of this (i'm very pro-Ukrainian even if it doesn't show in my criticisms), but he's been pretty on point in everything I've seen from him

I don't agree with Dexter on everything and I think we have differing views of this (i'm very pro-Ukrainian even if it doesn't show in my criticisms), but he's been pretty on point in everything I've seen from him

He's posted Russian news stuff that was clearly propaganda. I disagree with him a lot on this too, although I do like the dude.

Its a done deal Putin himself kicked out your news sites. I wonder why?

I still didnt saw a single t 80, t90 and even less a t 14 armata tank... it seems that russia is throwing all their junk old armored vehicles in the first wave of the war.

The thing is (and I said this before), history is FILLED with smart people who make fatal mistakes. Putin is no idiot. He's evil imo, but not dumb. But some (ahem... @Da Speeit ) think that because he's been a shrewd leader up until now that we have to assume every decision he makes is going to work out for him.

I'm actually skeptical that the Ukrainians can hold out a ton longer. I think the writing is mostly on the wall in terms of this war. But that doesn't mean Putin is playing 4d chess. In this case, I think he looks like the shortsighted one that's coloring with crayons while the west is looking at him and saying "You're really doing this huh? You REALLY didn't think we can tank your economy? Uhh...okay...sorry about what's coming up..."

Unfortunately, both the Ukrainian and Russian people pay the price. It might honestly be better for the Ukrainians to negotiate some sort of surrender at this point. It's hard to convince people not to fight for their home (especially after what's happening lately with civilian centers being hit). But to get this over now and just let the insurgency begin. And (like you said) let the sanctions really squeeze Russia to where **maybe** the internal pressure finally ends Putin.

Pretty much, I think before this war happened you could make an argument that Putin as evil/authoritarian as he was had shown a good degree of politcal smarts in terms of actions carried out, basically limiting them to situations were the outcome was clearly in his favour and the risks low. Its a BIG reason why I seriously doubted a lot of the hype for this invasion, I thought it was potentially just saber rattling that was being played up as much by our side looking for advantage rather than de escalation. But I think you can see now pretty obviously Putin has lanched a full scale invasion thats obviously morally wrong(not to say less than this wouldnt be wrong either, even Putin'ss own narrative would be highly questionable) and obviously highly risky for him.

If you are looking at moral arguments to be made at this stage that might go against the western media narrative then I think really the big point you raise is really what kind of role negotiation could have? questions over whether moral absolutes like "freedom" are always in the best interests of Ukrainains suffering. Honestly in that area I really don't know where I stand on that and perhaps its simply not our decision to be made although I suspect we would almost certainly play a big part in it.

As well I spose you could be critical of the idea that justifed horror at these events does need to be balanced with a cool head as to what the stakes really could be in terms of direct intervention, if your playing with the risk of nuclear war thats about as high stakes as you can possible play with, billions of deaths and the end of civilisation as we know it and I think obviously demands caution even in the face of what were seeing here, even moreso because as mentioned above Putin is now on much more dangerous ground for him.

Speaking of robbing and stealing, Russia is literally stealing Ukraine. You are not the victim. Lmao.....

America stole America..first from Indians then the English

Who is still complaining..or being condemned as "evil" or "dictatorial"?

First was dubbed Discovery and second Independence

Reality check

America stole America..first from Indians then the English

Who is still complaining..or being condemned as "evil" or "dictatorial"?

First was dubbed Discovery and second Independence

Reality check

It's not a 'reality check' because the time has passed to prevent the wrong from happening.

Probably for the best since the Russian stock market has been closed for a week.

S&P Dow Jones booting all Russia stocks from its indices

"S&P Dow Jones, which manages both the S&P 500 index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average, said Friday it is stripping Russian stocks from its primary equity indices, adding to the financial isolation of the nation after it invaded Ukraine.

The index giant said it will remove Russian stocks listed or domiciled in Russia, including those trading via American depositary receipts, within its standard equity indices before the open of trading on March 9."

S&P Dow Jones booting all Russia stocks from its indices (msn.com)

I still didnt saw a single t 80, t90 and even less a t 14 armata tank... it seems that russia is throwing all their junk old armored vehicles in the first wave of the war.

Does the T-14 even exist? I believe I have seen a video or two of abandoned t-80 but could be upgraded T-72. I'm no Russian Tank expert.

I also remember it being said that only about a third of the Russian force amassed on the borders were sent in, has that changed at all? I know a good number are going to be support troops who might never go in but is there some reserve of fighting power left or have the Russians gone all in?
OSINT, but I haven't seen the washington post article.

It’s insane there is an entire block on this forum who are convinced they’re smarter than a world leader but can only respond to any post asking for their opinion on anything with emojis and animated gifs.
Mind-boggling.

I know you guys would run a military so much better.

Says the guy that called a world leader an idiot.

Last edited:
CNN and Bloomberg closed shop and are leaving the country lmao

I mean what would be the point of being a journalist/reporter after a law like that is passed? Why chance 15 years in prison, just find another profession. And I get its a joke on CNN being fake news, but really thats going to make all jouranlist close up shop.

He's posted Russian news stuff that was clearly propaganda. I disagree with him a lot on this too, although I do like the dude.

The vast majority of the news regardless of sources is propaganda.. both sides.

One side is brushed of here. The other seems to get tarnished by one piece if misinformation...

I'd honestly say if anyone has posted any details regarding this shit show. It's more than likely we all have passed on propaganda

I mean what would be the point of being a journalist/reporter after a law like that is passed? Why chance 15 years in prison, just find another profession. And I get its a joke on CNN being fake news, but really thats going to make all jouranlist close up shop.
It's hard to say what journalism is like in other countries. We know the mess we're in, in our own country. Main stream isn't journalism at all, and the little guy carries the label of being CT by default. It seems the best we have are Twitter champions, who are in direct competition with bots and disinformation.

Cognitive warfare is ubiquitous. We're only killed for telling the truth sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.