Rumor: Floyd vs Pacquiao May '17 & Floyd vs Garcia Sep '17

Pwnt because you imagined Floyd offered DSG $4 mill.... nah
You're too new here to get it. When I said Floyd offered a career high payday to Pac, people said it was bullshit and he was better off waiting. And he did indeed do better by waiting.

Yet, here are the same people saying Garcia should take that fight because its a career high payday when Garcia actually has options for big paydays aside form Pac and Floyd.

You're too new here to get it. When I said Floyd offered a career high payday to Pac, people said it was bullshit and he was better off waiting. And he did indeed do better by waiting.

Yet, here are the same people saying Garcia should take that fight because its a career high payday when Garcia actually has options for big paydays aside form Pac and Floyd.
Long time lurker though. Long enough to see certain people change every topic in to "but Floyd and or Manny..."

No Garcia isnt on the level or have the resume as that of Pac or Floyd.

People are saying he should take the fight because his resume over the last 3 years is already bad.

So now you are changing your argument from a Floyd fight to random other options.

This comparison makes zero sense. Yes, Pac was offered a career high payday from Floyd, but rightfully said no because he stood to make WAY more. Which history proved to be true. The Garcia situation doesn't even compare. Pac offered him a career high payday and he turned it down. But Garcia, unlike Pac in those previous negotiations, does NOT stand to make more anywhere else. Yes he has big paydays besides Pac and Floyd, but they'll never be AS big as what he was offered and turned down. You're literally the only person on the planet, besides Garcia and his dad, who thinks this fight didn't happen because Pac "lowballed" Garcia.

Further proof, that any topic remotely related to Mayweather brings out the full retard out of our posters...

Worst fans in sports history.

And fucking lol at comparing Danny Garcia to Manny Pacquiao.

This comparison makes zero sense. Yes, Pac was offered a career high payday from Floyd, but rightfully said no because he stood to make WAY more. Which history proved to be true. The Garcia situation doesn't even compare. Pac offered him a career high payday and he turned it down. But Garcia, unlike Pac in those previous negotiations, does NOT stand to make more anywhere else. Yes he has big paydays besides Pac and Floyd, but they'll never be AS big as what he was offered and turned down. You're literally the only person on the planet, besides Garcia and his dad, who thinks this fight didn't happen because Pac "lowballed" Garcia.

Lmao!! Lol at low balling...

This mother fucker hasn't done jack shit for over a year...

He doesn't deserve anything over 2 million.

That was before Manny got starched. He was literally fighter of the decade. Hard to compare what Danny has accomplished so far to what Manny had by that point.

Lmao!! Lol at low balling...

This mother fucker hasn't done jack shit for over a year...

He doesn't deserve anything over 2 million.
Right and Pac got what, 80 million after getting KO'd by Marquez? He got more money when the fight was less meaningful. But fuck Garcia for wanting to do the same.

They wanted Garcia because its a fight that fans would actually want to watch. That means more money, more buys etc.

You two are hypocrites.

Garcia didn't feel the offer was right so he declined, just like Pac did when he didn't think Floyd's offer was right. You should be applauding Garcia, it seems.

But but but!!

Garcia knocked out amir khan 3 years ago!!

Give this man 100 million dollars, immediately!
image.jpg

PAC rematch? We all saw what Floyd did to pac! Now a Garcia fight would be interesting, I just hope Floyd hasn't drastically lost his edge, father time is no joke, he's 40 by the time he fights. He's already a all time great, does he really need to prove anything? Money over legacy?

Right and Pac got what, 80 million after getting KO'd by Marquez? He got more money when the fight was less meaningful. But fuck Garcia for wanting to do the same.

They wanted Garcia because its a fight that fans would actually want to watch. That means more money, more buys etc.

You two are hypocrites.

Garcia didn't feel the offer was right so he declined, just like Pac did when he didn't think Floyd's offer was right. You should be applauding Garcia, it seems.
Not hypocritical because Garcia and Pac are not the same.
Garcia's resume, inactivity, and every measurable metric show this. Its like if the model employee of the month goes into the boss's office and demands a raise vs the slacker employee whos always late or in trouble.

You two are hypocrites.

If I'm a hypocrite what are you? That's right Manny got starched and still commanded 40%. What did that turn out to be about 3 times more than the original offer? Do you really think Garcia is on that level? Is he winning awards and setting records? Can he get starched by Keef and expect to get a better offer?

So people are still peddling the myth that Floyd offered a flat fee and that was it?

The only person who has said that is Pacquiao, and he is hardly the clearest of communicators. Floyd has said multiple times that he offered a guarantee and an upfront payment, they hadn't even got round to discussing the back end, which relates to PPV, close circuit revenue, sponsorships etc. It was an invitation to treat, start negotiations, there wasn't a contract about to be signed over the phone.

If I'm a hypocrite what are you? That's right Manny got starched and still commanded 40%. What did that turn out to be about 3 times more than the original offer? Do you really think Garcia is on that level? Is he winning awards and setting records? Can he get starched by Keef and expect to get a better offer?
Is Pac on the level Floyd was in terms of PPV buys and revenue? Obviously not. Why does PAc get 20-30 million when Garcia gets 3 or 4?

BTW, Pacs fight with Vargas won't be PPV. A fight with Garcia definitely would have been.

Is Pac on the level Floyd was in terms of PPV buys and revenue? Obviously not. Why does PAc get 20-30 million when Garcia gets 3 or 4?

BTW, Pacs fight with Vargas won't be PPV. A fight with Garcia definitely would have been.
If we were talking about a Canelo fight I would agree with you. Danny is not at that level yet. Maybe he gets a fight with Floyd for similar money or he gets Thurman or Broner and works his way towards bigger paydays so who knows. The fight with Pac would have brought him a lot of benefits besides just the purse so that's why I think it was a bad move. He definitely needs some good fights though, it's hard to argue that he hasn't been losing momentum the last few years.

So people are still peddling the myth that Floyd offered a flat fee and that was it?

The only person who has said that is Pacquiao, and he is hardly the clearest of communicators. Floyd has said multiple times that he offered a guarantee and an upfront payment, they hadn't even got round to discussing the back end, which relates to PPV, close circuit revenue, sponsorships etc. It was an invitation to treat, start negotiations, there wasn't a contract about to be signed over the phone.
Oh please you believe whatever you want to. I'll go with what I saw coming out of Mayweather's own mouth.

Would people actually pay for a garcia-mayweather ppv? Maybe pbc noobs that are buying the hype but that just seems like a fight that wouldn't sell very well at all, Garcia has struggled against very mediocre opposition lately and i think most people would see it for what it is, an easy fight for mayweather to go out on ala berto. And we all know how well that sold

Back