Rumor: Floyd vs Pacquiao May '17 & Floyd vs Garcia Sep '17

Not sure what you mean. Pac was going to DOUBLE his career high and add another MILLION on top of that. So why are you using career high pay day as a point??????
He'll make at least as much money fighting Floyd.

Was also going to be by far the best name on his resume. Plus he has a better shot at winning.
Not better than Floyd. Losing to Pac is worse than losing to Floyd at this stage in their careers too.

I was responding to this.

Garcia does not get anywhere near $4 million for any opponent so far.
I was taking about a potential Mayweather fight, obviously.

4 million as a b side is not a crap payday, it would have been a career high payday for Garcia. He would have taken a beating which is why he avoided the offer and made an impertinent counter proposal.
See, this forum is all over the place depending on what fighter we're talking about. One fighter is applauded for turning down a fraction of the other guys purse, the other is ducking. One guy is a coward for offering a small payday, the other is giving the lowballed fighter an opportunity.

<15>

He'll make at least as much money fighting Floyd.

Not better than Floyd. Losing to Pac is worse than losing to Floyd at this stage in their careers too.
Thats 2 totally different points. You specifically mentioned career high pay day not same money.

If legacy was the deciding factor his resume over the past few years would look completely different.

After 3 years you cant keep clinging to a hypothetical for the same money as something legit. Thats tough to defend with a straight face.

Thats 2 totally different points. You specifically mentioned career high pay day not same money.

If legacy was the deciding factor his resume over the past few years would look completely different.

After 3 years you cant keep clinging to a hypothetical for the same money as something legit. Thats tough to defend with a straight face.
Why would he fight Pac when he could fight Floyd for at least as much money? Am I being clear enough here?

I'm not sure what you mean by that last paragraph.

Berto paid more than Chino in the rematch? Hilarious.!
He probably didn't negotiate. Those paydays were likely 3 or 4 times as much as he ever made before.

Why would he fight Pac when he could fight Floyd for at least as much money? Am I being clear enough here?

I'm not sure what you mean by that last paragraph.
Because the Pac fight was real. The "Floyd Fight" is not.
Chasing a fight from a retired fighter who has some strange opponents in his recent fights. Its just a made up scenario.
If Floyd comes back hes going to play the same lottery game he always does. Lead on and leak some big names out there that a deal is 90% done. All free publicity and promotion from him.... Then boom he fights somebody out of left field.

You're literally suggesting somebody turn down a $4 million guarantee prize for a lottery ticket with a $4 million jackpot.

I would of course agree with you if Floyd was out of retirement, didnt have a pattern of fighting opponents out of left field while leading on a better opponent , and if his camp made Garcia's an offer.

Last edited:
Yeah, but.......Algieri.
The first 8000 times you made this joke, it didn't land but this time-

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

hahaha.... Algieri... Classic!

Its not two different points if he turned down Pac because a Floyd fight is on the table. Duh.

Its not two different points if he turned down Pac because a Floyd fight is on the table. Duh.
On the table....from a retired fighter...who has a pattern of leading on fighters for publicity. Is the Conor mc gregor fight on the table still too Or Amir Khan. Or Pac 2. Or karim
Breaking news right here on Sherdog.
It is 2 different points when you use career high pay day as one of the reasons he should choose to hope and pray for a Mayweather fight.
How much is Floyd offering? Source for the $4 mill?

On the table....from a retired fighter...who has a pattern of leading on fighters for publicity. Is the Conor mc gregor fight on the table still too Or Amir Khan. Or Pac 2. Or karim
Breaking news right here on Sherdog.
It is 2 different points when you use career high pay day as one of the reasons he should choose to hope and pray for a Mayweather fight.
How much is Floyd offering? Source for the $4 mill?
Read the thread title and then maybe understand why I'm talking about a potential Garcia/Floyd fight.

Read the thread title and then maybe understand why I'm talking about a potential Garcia/Floyd fight.
Looks like a couple people in this thread were 100% right about diverting things a little. I never asked "why are you talking floyd Garcia."
I asked how do you know its on the table and the money they offered? Simple question. Did you just make that up?

Because the Pac fight was real. The "Floyd Fight" is not.
Chasing a fight from a retired fighter who has some strange opponents in his recent fights. Its just a made up scenario.
If Floyd comes back hes going to play the same lottery game he always does. Lead on and leak some big names out there that a deal is 90% done. All free publicity and promotion from him.... Then boom he fights somebody out of left field.

You're literally suggesting somebody turn down a $4 million guarantee prize for a lottery ticket with a $4 million jackpot.

I would of course agree with you if Floyd was out of retirement, didnt have a pattern of fighting opponents out of left field while leading on a better opponent , and if his camp made Garcia's an offer.

Didn't floyd get flak for offering pac a career pay day? Wasn't floyd ducking?

Fuck it pac's ducking garcia. Priced himself out

Back