Rumor: Floyd vs Pacquiao May '17 & Floyd vs Garcia Sep '17

The most Garcia ever made is $1.5 million, against Lucas, Guerrero, and Peterson.

I don't know who you guys think 2016 Garcia is, but he is a guy who hasn't done shit in 3 years.

Offering him a huge opportunity after fighting Paulie and Guerrero is a gift, and the $4 million makes it even better.
Ghost was the WBC champ just beating Berto and Maidana was the WBA champ after beating Broner.

Very similar to Danny now ay 147. Who has he beat at 147? Tough fight vs Ghost and stopping a faded Paulie?

What ppv has Danny headlined? He doesn't have the Puerto Rican support like Tito and Miguel.

I see where you're coming from, but if you slide Pac's sac just a shade to the left or right, I think you'll be able to see more clearly and you'd have to agree Danny Garcia and his "32-0" make him a more marketable bout for Pac than any of those listed and would make Pac more with his name than he will make in total against Vargas, assuming both are PPV. Garcia has a pretty damn nice 5-year resume, too. Just my $.02.

...What?

Garcia has a career high of 1.5.

4 is more than double that.
Thats really not a response to anything I said.

Bradley didn't get anything out of that win? He went on to make huge money against Pac two more times (tripling and quadrupling Garcia's highest pay) and against Marquez he almost tripled Garcia's highest pay.
Fair point ,considering my wording. I don't really believe the Pac decision did Bradley any favors in terms of his popularity or legacy. I don't believe it got him the Marquez fight either.

I see where you're coming from, but if you slide Pac's sac just a shade to the left or right, I think you'll be able to see more clearly and you'd have to agree Danny Garcia and his "32-0" make him a more marketable bout for Pac than any of those listed and would make Pac more with his name than he will make in total against Vargas, assuming both are PPV. Garcia has a pretty damn nice 5-year resume, too. Just my $.02.

Stop defending objectively inaccurate statements.

"5-year resume" is a good way of ignoring the last 3 years in which Garcia did jack shit.

This discussion is not about Vargas, and it's not about what Pac would offer different opponents. It is about whether $4 million is a good offer based on his previous pay days. It's almost triple.

It's about whether a Pac fight does anything for Garcia's career. It made Bradley a much, much, much richer man than Garcia.

Thats really not a response to anything I said.

I was responding to this.

And lets be real, you guys know that no fighter is going to fight for the same payday he'd get from his promoter/management for some other promoter in a lesser fight.

Garcia does not get anywhere near $4 million for any opponent so far.

Pac does not get $40 million for any opponent so far, so why should he have received more than $40 million to fight Floyd? Well,...

And I do see your points, I just think your logic is fallible, here. Danny brings WAY more $ to the table and that's why he should get some of it. I hope Floyd does make that bout. I bet Garcia sees a helluva lot more than $4 million.

Sig bet for 30 days that if it happens (Floyd/Danny) Danny gets OVER $5.25 million?
That is already a helluva lot more than $4 million.

Last edited:
Anyway, back OT, I hope both fights are made and won and Floyd closes it out at 51-0, then. With a resume that kills for the ages if people look at it objectively.
One fight too many has happened to a lot of guys, though. It's guaranteed to happen if you go long enough.

Well if the dude in the Chicago shirt said it.

Right, because Floyd pays his opponents so much more than the crappy $4 million Pacquiao offered Garcia.

Guerrero: $3 million
Maidana: $1.5 million
Maidana 2: $3 million
Berto: $4 million

There are persistent rumors out there that Mayweather/his team paid Maidana an extra 1.5mil to wear whatever gloves Floyd wanted (Everlast Power).

for whatever reason Chino denied it but a leaked commission report stated just that -- 750K for The Moment plus another 750K in case there is a rematch (Mayhem).

http://www.boxingscene.com/maidana-i-get-15-million-wear-floyds-gloves--80083

lRazUT7.jpg

sorry for the derail

and the general rule of thumb is that fighters get 2-3mil for facing either Floyd or Pac-man.

Last edited:
I actually think this bickering about Garcia is a fine use of this thread.

lol
I noticed that at some point, too. I may release my 2017 bout predictions later on myspace.

Just start saying your inside sources are confirming that Canelo/Golovkin is a done deal for 2017. You'll probably be right and if not, no one will remember by then anyway.

It's almost like all of these guys with bad sitting posture and a webcam think like that, too.

Already know how they gonna sell that rematch.

"Floyd is coming off a long layoff at 40 years old and manny is 100% healthy."

Last edited:
All of those guys you listed got career high paydays. Garcia won't take a step back to fight Floyd not to mention its a less risky fight for his legacy, Floyd being undefeated and still considered one of the best in the sport.
Not sure what you mean. Pac was going to DOUBLE his career high and add another MILLION on top of that. So why are you using career high pay day as a point?????? Was also going to be by far the best name on his resume. Plus he has a better shot at winning.

There are persistent rumors out there that Mayweather/his team paid Maidana an extra 1.5mil to wear whatever gloves Floyd wanted (Everlast Power).

for whatever reason Chino denied it but a leaked commission report stated just that -- 750K for The Moment plus another 750K in case there is a rematch (Mayhem).

http://www.boxingscene.com/maidana-i-get-15-million-wear-floyds-gloves--80083

lRazUT7.jpg

sorry for the derail

and the general rule of thumb is that fighters get 2-3mil for facing either Floyd or Pac-man.

Floyd doesn't pay fighters he pays judges. Why don't you think he doesn't fight outside of Vegas

Meh, I'm not really excited about any of it. Watching out favorites fight beyond their best days for money doesn't do much for me.

Garcia vs Floyd would be pretty easy to make with the Haymon association and Garcia likely wouldn't get a crap payday like he got offered from Top Rank for Pac. Seems like a pretty safe comeback for Floyd. I like Garcia but he's too one dimensional to beat Floyd.

I don't really get why people think what number is on Floyd's resume matters to him, other than the 0 at the end of it. If the money tempts him and he believes he can win, he'll fight 51, 52 or 53 times.

4 million as a b side is not a crap payday, it would have been a career high payday for Garcia. He would have taken a beating which is why he avoided the offer and made an impertinent counter proposal.

Just start saying your inside sources are confirming that Canelo/Golovkin is a done deal for 2017. You'll probably be right and if not, no one will remember by then anyway.

It's almost like all of these guys with bad sitting posture and a webcam think like that, too.

It's a done deal, 100%. You can call me Charlie Z if it doesn't go down in 2017. They have paper!!! That's it from Cincinnati, you all take care 'til next time...

meh we all know Seano's an elderly guy, he'll be back after he's done with the early bird special.

I always expected Floyd to fight once more, never thought he'd fight twice more. I still don't think that's gonna happen. Probably just Pac rematch imo.

Back