Rousey's Coach: "no F***ing exceptions. I don

Ronda vs cyborg for the inaugural 145 belt. They haven't given anybody a shot at being a duel division champ since bj.

Well it is hard to give some on a shot at a belt/weight class that does not exist in the organization.

You left out the part where Carano hasn't fought in 5 years or that she'd have a tough time making 140. Ronda said she'd fight her at a catchweight, not at FW. Gina had a hard enough time making 145 when she was active. Ronda ducking.

Ronda can fight Carano at 150, that's not the point. Point is, that fight will draw huge numbers. Carano is hot and famous.

Why would Ronda fight this (with a history of usage, and it didn't take a failed test to figure it out):

frankie-edgar-cristiane-cyborg-justino.jpg

at 145? Not smart at all.

Also:

2qxwzo7.jpg

And Carano isn't small herself.

Did Carano get caught roiding and getting her skull enlarged to Tito-esque proportions?

Also Carano is a moderate celebrity, she's pretty and a draw. No one knows or gives a fuck who Cyborg is.

I don't like Edmond, and those comments about Ronda's boxing are hilarious, but he's spot on on the Cyborg issue. Get off some of those vitamins, and make the weight. Chael said it best, Cyborg has the easiest path to a title shot ever, just make weight.

You do know that Dana said Cyborg vs Rousey would be one of biggest PPV draws in history. Rousey vs Carano would not have done that well in comparison.

Ronda can fight Carano at 150, that's not the point. Point is, that fight will draw huge numbers. Carano is hot and famous.

Why would Ronda fight this (with a history of usage, and it didn't take a failed test to figure it out):

frankie-edgar-cristiane-cyborg-justino.jpg

at 145? Not smart at all.

Also:

2qxwzo7.jpg

And Carano isn't small herself.

I just can't take Ronda seriously when she claims she can beat men but won't fight Cyborg at a catchweight, even if Cyborg is roided.

Ronda's situation is different. There is literally nobody with talent in her division. They can milk her for years.

Rich was never protected from Anderson

This dude is insane. I think he was the one brainwashed Ronda into thinking she could beat Cain.......

This guy is the post-2010 John Hackleman. For all you Caner noobs who found the sport in the last year and half, John Hackleman was Chuck Liddell's coach and trainer.

How is Edmond Rousey like Hackleman? Talks a big game, but only known for one fighter, who would be just as successful under anyone else.

He's an average coach at best but Cyborg needs to come to 135. You want the champ you come get the champ, no exceptions.

Cyborg is also a champion who has been number 1 in the world at her division longer and won just as many title fights.

Wasnt the UFC going to have the Gina fight at 145 cuz gina couldnt make 135?

Brock had no choice but to fight top level competition!?
HW is and was the weakest division ever. UFC could have matched him up for years against weak competition if they wanted.
Brock would still sell a ton of ppvs.

I see sarcasm is not your thing..
back in the day people claimed Rich was protected against the good fighters.
You, yourself prove that wrong by saying UFC went after AS to sign him.
Just like they went after Cyborg and did sign her but she asked for a release.

UFC is not protecting Ronda. They just dont want another weak division on their hand with absolutely no fighters in it. Invicta has 13 fighters in 145.
And thats the prime female org.

Heavyweight is the weakest division ever? It had 250 ranked fighters. It had Olympic Gold medallist Judoka's. Brock himself stomped an Olympic silver medallist Judoka in his very first fight in Fatality fashion.

You can only protect men in their divisions for so long. The UFC don't care about a weak WBW division. There are only 30 fighters scraped up from god know where.

Ronda has a huge casual fan base they aren't watching for competition. They are watching to see Ronda win. It isn't a long term fix. It has no comparison to the UFC attempting to reel in entertaining fighters in the past to bolster their division at a time where Pride was legitimate competition.

Today is a different time. One thing that is apparent about Ronda is her belief. I can see how she would want this fight but Cyborg

Like it or not, she never had a important bout like Cyborg vs Carano.

And based on what do you judge this importance? How is that fight more important than say Ronda vs Tate 1? Especially considering Carano vs Cyborg will always have an asterisk next to it due to steroid use

Man, according to this guy, Ronda shoots flames out of her eyes, and can fly around like Superman. He is way over the top. At least Rogan has the excuse of being in love with Ronda. :D The essence of what he is saying is right, but he is lost in hyperbole. He's unable to kick her? Indeed...

And I don't think it's at all cool to keep talking about wanting Miesha to get badly hurt. No one should want to see any severe or lasting injury happen to an opponent.

She was stripped of her belt in SF which doesn't even exist anymore and Invicta is not the UFC or anywhere close to it. Cyborg's championship means absolutely nothing in these discussions.

So promotion means more than rank?

They are both #1 in their divisions with an equal # of title fight wins. Cyborg has been #1 longer. Cyborg had her legacy fight against Gina (who ronda was willing to fight at 145).

I think Rousey needs Cyborg more than Cyborg needs her. Cyborg already had her legacy fight against Gina, she can crush tomatoes for the rest of her career if she wants to. Rousey has not had "that" fight.

I agree. So far Ronda has completely blasted her opponents. At this point, there's no one in the division who they can honestly push as a challenge to her

Like how people call Rousey scared for not trying to up in weight when she has the belt. Cyborg needs to make the weight if she wants a crack at the champ. And Cyborg needs Rousey more than Rousey needs Cyborg.

Edmond comes of as the horrible trainer I always thought he was. 0 insight other than, because she beast duh. What a fucking chode

So promotion means more than rank?

They are both #1 in their divisions with an equal # of title fight wins. Cyborg has been #1 longer. Cyborg had her legacy fight against Gina (who ronda was willing to fight at 145).

They are very different #1 though.. Currently the Invicta FW division has 13 girls in it. It would be like comparing Koreshkov from Bellator and saying he is on equal level to Robbie Lawler

I don't know much about this guy, but I know when I am being lied to. 148....Please.

Cyborg is a cheat? Ronda had competed for years against olympic level competition, if you don't think she knowingly competing against cheats without hesitation I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't believe Ronda is scared, but I do believe there is a lot of outside pressure for her to not take this fight. If the fight ever happens it will be Cyborg giving in to all the demands to her own disadvantage (I don't believe the demands are coming from Ronda).

It seems to me the UFC and Ronda's handlers are following Mayweathers formula.

The only one fight mma fans want to see Ronda take is Cyborg.

This is pretty accurate.

Back