Rousey's Coach: "no F***ing exceptions. I don

Funny thing is people are talking about Rhonda beating dudes and fighting Floyd Mayweather when Cyborg is probably her only true test. If she doesn't fight her people will remember this, that's just how competition and sports work. The UFC doesn't have anyone that can hang with Rhonda and neither does any other promotion.

I'm afraid Rhonda will have to fight Cyborg.

UFC isn't in a position where they need this fight to happen financially tho, so for them to spend money promoting someone who cant generate a profit for them after this one fight doesn't make sense. They need to do it in a way both fighters compete for their org after this fight for them to make it worth their while. End of the day zuffa cares abpout themselves more then they care about fighters legacys and who they need to fight before they retire and such

I just can't believe that this guy seriously thinks that Rosey would stop Holly Holm in a sanctioned boxing match. If she comes to box like she did in the Bethe fight, I'm sorry but she would probably be left laying face down in the ring within the 1st minute. Holm has almost 40 career Pro Fights in Boxing....Rousey...0....it would only end like the Bethe fight in reverse.

Speaking of which...one thing I will give Cyborg credit for...she did take a risk, step out of her element, and fight the best women's Muy Thai fighter in her class on Lion Fights. And really didn't do too bad after that shaky 1st round. If she's willing to do that....then how about Ronda step up to the plate, and fight Holm in a sanctioned boxing match then?????

I heard holm's record is padded and she losses when fighting a legit boxer. rhonda's striking is a lot worse tho.

I'm liking Edmond a bit. Guy is a good trainer. Being honest with Ronda and knows what Ronda needs to keep winning.

Finally, it has become clear who Hammurabi is. Or, they are brothers sepparated at birth.

Not a fan of this guy's. If the fight is at 135, no exceptions, then you cannot say Ronda is the best fighter in the world. All you can say is Ronda is the best fighter in the world, FOR HER WEIGHT. Those are two different things.

I just can't believe that this guy seriously thinks that Rosey would stop Holly Holm in a sanctioned boxing match. If she comes to box like she did in the Bethe fight, I'm sorry but she would probably be left laying face down in the ring within the 1st minute. Holm has almost 40 career Pro Fights in Boxing....Rousey...0....it would only end like the Bethe fight in reverse.

Speaking of which...one thing I will give Cyborg credit for...she did take a risk, step out of her element, and fight the best women's Muy Thai fighter in her class on Lion Fights. And really didn't do too bad after that shaky 1st round. If she's willing to do that....then how about Ronda step up to the plate, and fight Holm in a sanctioned boxing match then?????

Well, Muy Thai was Cyborg's original style, so it wasn't a lateral move, just going against better MT competition than she'd faced before. An equivalent move for Rousey would be to compete against a world champion world champion judoka in a judo match. Except she's done that (twice, and lost both times as far as that goes).

Not a fan of this guy's. If the fight is at 135, no exceptions, then you cannot say Ronda is the best fighter in the world. All you can say is Ronda is the best fighter in the world, FOR HER WEIGHT. Those are two different things.

I think that's clear in any case. There are heavy weight judo women who'd beat Rousey in MMA - they'd throw her and submit her, and she doesn't have the ability to stop their throws, stop their subs, or knock them out before being thrown (they're as technical or better, and a lot bigger and stronger - some of them are very strong for women). Rousey's MMA is judo based, and she was never the best in the world in judo even in her own weight division; she'd have no chance against the best heavyweights. No one thinks Rousey is the best in the world, the argument is always she's the best for her weight.

Last edited:
Funny how they were willing to fight Carano at 145lbs or even catchweight. What a joke.

It would be like Jones willing to accept a fight against Fedor at HW, but not Overeem right after the Lesnar drug bust

This guys a tool after the first summary if you dont know him he puts off him self out there as a tool bag

:D

Judo you weigh in just before you compete. So with a 20 pound water cut, 154 judo about equal to 135 MMA.

I suspect Rousey would be willing to fight Cyborg at 145 with year round random blood testing and a weigh-in just before the fight. Not so sure Cyborg would agree though.

And Cyborg's first fight was at 135 against a 125 pounder. So obviously she's ducking fighting at 135 :D

Or more seriously, people fight at different weights when they start than during their prime. Cyborg started at 135 and now doesn't want to fight there, Rousey started at 145 and now doesn't want to fight there. That's understandable for both.

Basically, they're not sisters, they don't owe each other anything. For the fight to be fair, they have to be the same weight at cage time. That means either Cyborg loses ten pounds of muscle, or Rousey gains ten pounds of muscle. Why would either change their body composition to help out someone they don't even like?

When I wrestled same thing offseason you weigh more not less , The way cyborg went up in weight means she looked for more challenges while Ronda is competing at a lower weight out of her prime , look at her on he offseason big girl ,

Also it's ok Cyborg to chase that cash cow (no pun intended )

But it's also clear Ronda and or Zuffa are protecting her from Cyborg

As for Edmond I know him and he is a good guy but he is also a type of trainer that doesn't like to give doubt to his fighters , hence the crazy talk of dropping world champions , I won't get into personal details but this is not the first time he has covered up a fighters weak points

its his 1st and up till now his last succesfull student.... If RR loses he loses all credibility. The dude is scared beyond believe, this much is certain!

When I wrestled same thing offseason you weigh more not less , The way cyborg went up in weight means she looked for more challenges while Ronda is competing at a lower weight out of her prime , look at her on he offseason big girl ,

Also it's ok Cyborg to chase that cash cow (no pun intended )

But it's also clear Ronda and or Zuffa are protecting her from Cyborg

As for Edmond I know him and he is a good guy but he is also a type of trainer that doesn't like to give doubt to his fighters , hence the crazy talk of dropping world champions , I won't get into personal details but this is not the first time he has covered up a fighters weak points

Rousey puts on fat, not muscle, in the off season. If you wrestled you know that that is a hindrance, not an advantage (I wrestled heavyweight in college, and even we sweated off the pounds once the season started, because the extra fat hurts you when competing). And 135 is almost certainly Rousey's prime weight. Even 154 judo (with weigh ins just before competing) is equivalent to 139 MMA (with 24 hours to rehydrate and the typical 15 pound water cut for a 150 pound fighter).

Of course, Rousey could fight Cyborg at 145 with a weigh-in just before the fight. I'd personally like that, because I've always disliked the 24 hour weigh-in, it serves no purpose other than press releases (there's a lot of research on dehydration and making weight, and the solution seems to be multiple weigh-ins, a week before, a day before, and at the time of competition ... its the safest and fairest way).

What challenge did Cyborg go after? If you mean the MT fight, Cyborg was a MT fighter before starting MMA. The equivalent would be for Rousey to do judo against a judo world champion - is that what you're suggesting? If you are, Rousey has already competed against judo world champions (two that I'm aware of, lost both times).

And everything I've read suggests that if Cyborg makes 135 the UFC will give her a title fight. That doesn't sound like protection at all, unless you think they're lying about giving Cyborg a fight at 135?

Last edited:
Why is anybody listening to Edmond Targaryen? They don't rule the throne anymore

He doesnt mind Ronda fighting Tate again, she's been looking good.

Later on he says he's not impressed at all with her, zero.

ice_cube_wtf.gif

Think we all know why he doesnt mind that fight.

Back