Rousey's Coach: "no F***ing exceptions. I don

Edmond sounded very arrogant/borderline delusional. When he answer question he did not have legit technical or tactical answer why Rousey will do this or that, he just basically say 'because she is best'. I honestly think Rousey is successful despite Edmond not because of him.

I think Rousey needs Cyborg more than Cyborg needs her. Cyborg already had her legacy fight against Gina, she can crush tomatoes for the rest of her career if she wants to. Rousey has not had "that" fight.

Ya ronda needs cyborg cause she is the one in a second rate org making peanuts.....

Cyborg is in the premier org getting 1m ppv buys fighting someone no one thought could beat her......Oh wait

Edmond sounded very arrogant/borderline delusional. When he answer question he did not have legit technical or tactical answer why Rousey will do this or that, he just basically say 'because she is best'. I honestly think Rousey is successful despite Edmond not because of him.

If Manny had Edmond as his coach instead of Roach, he would have beat Floyd. I mean look at what he did with Browne and Ellenberger.

Wtf, they used my question for Edmond yet rewrote it.

I asked "why didn't you fight Dennis hallman?"

And now it's "how close were you to fighting Dennis hallman?"

Do you know how big Cyborg is? If they fought at 145 Ronda would likely weight (like he said in this interview) about 148 during the fight. Cyborg would probably be at least 165. That is a huge size difference in an MMA fight. At least if they fight at 135 the weight difference likely wouldn't be more than 5-10 pounds during the fight.

And you believed him? So, if what he is saying is true, Ronda pays dolce thousands of dollars to help her cut 13lbs to make 135. 13. 13lbs is a cake walk weight cut, and you've seen how sucked up Ronda is at weigh ins, compared to the next day. No way she doesn't cut more then that.

And you believed him? So, if what he is saying is true, Ronda pays dolce thousands of dollars to help her cut 13lbs to make 135. 13. 13lbs is a cake walk weight cut, and you've seen how sucked up Ronda is at weigh ins, compared to the next day. No way she doesn't cut more then that.
It's been pretty normally speculated that her "walk around" weight is about 155. So it is not hard at all to believe that she is somewhere near 148 in training. Maybe she pays Dolce to help make the cut as easy as possible and thus making sure she won't be at all affected the next day. Keep in mind Ronda doesn't have some long history of cutting weight to make fights and has really only been truly cutting weight since her move to 135 in 2011.

I think Rousey needs Cyborg more than Cyborg needs her. Cyborg already had her legacy fight against Gina, she can crush tomatoes for the rest of her career if she wants to. Rousey has not had "that" fight.

You understand Ronda, regardless of who she's fighting, is sooooooooooooooooooooo much bigger than Gina or Cyborg ever were or could be in terms of relevance and legacy right?

Quick, name Gina's 7 wins before she lost to Cris and walked away.

Now name Cat Zingano's wins before losing in 14 seconds to Ronda.

Pretty easy to see who has the better "signature" win based on actual resume'. (Hint: It's not Cyborg).

And again, if you're just talking about the need to gain attention from a "big" fight, Ronda just doesn't need it. She's literally the most popular female athlete in the world right now.

The only reason Ronda should fight at another weight is of she wins a belt doing so. If there isn't a140 or 145 belt why the hell should she go up? It's not even a super fight. Cyborg isn't a ufc champion. She should make weight like everyone else.

No she doesn't. She would get far more money and fame (non-mma) attention if she just keeps winning easy matches. No need to risk losing

That interview was like something you'd read from The Onion.

I don’t like catchweights. I don’t understand what she’s talking about catchweights, I don’t even like it in boxing. There is a weight division and everybody should follow the weight divisions and fight at that weight for the title to be one the line

People move weight classes all the time in boxing. A lot of major ppv fights in recent years were from boxers moving weight.

Can you imagine if Mayweather v Paqiao never happened because of 5 pounds?

Edmond can't kick Ronda? It's because he doesn't know how to throw a proper kick. Watch his fight against Dominic Gutierrez. Terrible kicks

Cyborg; just sign the contract, and come in over weight. Shoot for 142. If Ronda calls off the fight, she's obviously scurred.

He's an average coach at best but Cyborg needs to come to 135. You want the champ you come get the champ, no exceptions.

Cyborg is a champ too. She's not asking for Ronda to come to 145lbs. 140lbs is still an 8lb cut for Ronda, and needing more than that is cowardly.

Strikeforce lost its momentum when they failed to promote Fedor vs Alistair, possibly the biggest MMA match ever at that time.

UFC should realize nobody wants to watch Rousey vs Tate 3. This fight is very likely to go the distance and Rousey's reputation will go down win or lose. If they need one more step fight before vs Cyborg, they should choose an easy pray, like a Japanese girl.

If we miss cyborg vs Rousey, that could be the beginning of fall of UFC monarchy.

Cyborg is a champ too. She's not asking for Ronda to come to 145lbs. 140lbs is still an 8lb cut for Ronda, and needing more than that is cowardly.

The fight will be in the UFC, Cyborgs belt means absolutely zero in this equation, there is nothing cowardly about asking a competitor to fight in an actual weight class as opposed to fighting at a weight above the top class in the promotion. I dont see anyone clamouring for anyone to be able to fight catchweight at 285 in the mens division

Funny how they were willing to fight Carano at 145lbs or even catchweight. What a joke.

No they weren't. Ronda said she might be open to catchweight. Dana said 135 or nothing. Get your facts straight before posting

Love this podcast. Much better than the Fighter and the kid bull shit. Nice to have an MMA podcast that actually talks about MMA.

Its official, Ronda makes her haters go stupid with rage

UFC requires that Cyborg fight one time at 135 in Invicta to prove she can make the weight. She has still never even tried!

Ronda is a star and Cyborg is unknown to the masses, yet plenty of you think Ronda should accommodate her?? Does that make common sense? Does Mayweather fight Andre Ward in Ward's weight class? I don't understand the logic

Back