Rousey's Coach: "no F***ing exceptions. I don

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
New interview with Ronda Rousey's coach Edmond Tarverdyan over the weekend on Submission Radio

[YT]TiwROpOdCBk[/YT]

Some Topics Covered:
-Ronda's 34 second win at UFC 190 against Bethe Correia
-what improvements Ronda could have made
-thoughts on how Ronda's striking looked
-if he's sick of training Ronda for fights against Miesha Tate
-how he sees the rematch going and if Miesha's improved striking could pose any problems for Ronda
-Holly Holm as a possible contender
-how Ronda would handle Holly's lateral movement and distance control
-the big fight against Cris Cyborg
-if Ronda would meet Cyborg at 140 or 145 because she used to fight heavier in the past
-Cyborg's striking
-Floyd Mayweather deciding to fight Andre Berto for his final fight
-how close he was to fighting Dennis Hallman on the Ultimate Fighter

Some Quotes:

On if rushing Bethe was Ronda

On Edmond's response to Cris Cyborg stating that the UFC owes it to the fans to put her and Ronda together in a fight

Never seen a guy in someone's ass more deep than Edmond

He's AFAID. I have a hard time taking Edmond seriously, all he has is Rousey. Rousey is a great fighter for WMMA, but her technical abilities would not stand in very modest men's MMA competition.

The last two questions were the ones I was most interested in yet the ones that are not written here.... 😔

I know Ronda has a ton of defenders to come to the rescue, but dude sounds afraid.

I think Rousey needs Cyborg more than Cyborg needs her. Cyborg already had her legacy fight against Gina, she can crush tomatoes for the rest of her career if she wants to. Rousey has not had "that" fight.

Yikes,
This has got to be Edmonds greatest attempt to launch himself out of the friend zone.

rather see Holm fight than tate

even though I think Tate would do better than Holm (even in her 3rd crack)

He's an average coach at best but Cyborg needs to come to 135. You want the champ you come get the champ, no exceptions.

Funny how they were willing to fight Carano at 145lbs or even catchweight. What a joke.

100% scurred of Cyborg....lol.

The funny hing is that he shouldn't be. yes it would be the first time Rhonda's ever been in a real fight, but she'd probably be a 65/35 or 70/30 logical favorite.

I guess that unless Rhonda is a 95/5 favorite Eddy don't want none.

On if Edmond is impressed with what Cyborg has been doing in WMMA and how Ronda would go striking with her
“No. Ronda beats her in striking. She overwhelms people, she pushes her punches and she throws a bit heavy, you know, heavier than some of these opponents, but her opponents give up on her. Ronda’s knockout was a knockout this last fight.”

And yet she'll probably run up and go for a clinch/throw the second the round starts if the fight ever happens.

This is the "coach" that immediately goes to the fighter's family members to talk shit after they get KOed :icon_lol:

Imagine the hate greg jackson would get if he was the one in this video.

Last edited:
I dont agree that he is afraid. I think he may get a little carried away talking about his fighter but seriously, what else is he suppose to say?

Although Ronda's standup is technically beginner level, what she does have is power from those masculine shoulders her straight right/left will hurt most in her division if they land clean.

I think Rousey needs Cyborg more than Cyborg needs her. Cyborg already had her legacy fight against Gina, she can crush tomatoes for the rest of her career if she wants to. Rousey has not had "that" fight.

I disagree 100%.

99% of the population has no clue who Cyborg is and those casual fans that do only know the name because of Rousey. We all know who she is because we are big enough fans of MMA to post on a forum about it.

Cyborg needs Rousey much more than Rousey needs her. 90% of the population views Tate as her biggest rival and do not even realize that Cyborg exists.

Funny how they were willing to fight Carano at 145lbs or even catchweight. What a joke.
Do you know how big Cyborg is? If they fought at 145 Ronda would likely weight (like he said in this interview) about 148 during the fight. Cyborg would probably be at least 165. That is a huge size difference in an MMA fight. At least if they fight at 135 the weight difference likely wouldn't be more than 5-10 pounds during the fight.

Do you know how big Cyborg is? If they fought at 145 Ronda would likely weight (like he said in this interview) about 148 during the fight. Cyborg would probably be at least 165. That is a huge size difference in an MMA fight. At least if they fight at 135 the weight difference likely wouldn't be more than 5-10 pounds during the fight.

Yeah, that would just be awful. I rather watch her beat all these 135ers in 10 seconds.

Ronda makes millions per fight, with or without Cyborg.

Cyborg makes a few thousand, unless she fights Ronda.

Who needs whom more is as clear cut as that.

This is the prize fighting business.

Back