Rothwell : Cain used Media to get himself pulled from UFC 207

Its a little hard to take you serious when calling out a guy who beat you senseless. He ain't wrong thou.....

He is right. Shut the hell up about injuries and all that bs before a fight. He wanted out. post USADA Cain have no confidence in himself

So are you denying that he's not always injured?

Ben Rothwell = 46 fights at age 36, 6 fights since 2013
Cain Velasquez = 16 fights at age 34, 4 fights since 2013

VyQyyZ.gif

Anik ruined it after that :p

lmao look at those little baby punches

Rothwell was literally trying to stand up while Cain was punching him square in the face. Stopped due to boredom.

To this day I protest that stoppage.

He's a walking meme, but he's 100% spot on.

isn't it the second time Cain pulls out from a Werdum fight?

Easily one of the best examples of ducking in the UFC.

Meh.

10000928_medium.gif

On one hand, Rothwell has some serious sour grapes towards Cain. On the other hand, he's not wrong...

I think I saw Roy Jones take less flush shots in the course of a 12 round fight when he was in his prime, than Ben took in this little gif. Lol

He's a walking meme, but he's 100% spot on.

isn't it the second time Cain pulls out from a Werdum fight?

Easily one of the best examples of ducking in the UFC.

4th time.

Seems to me he's not wrong. Every time info came out (can't stand for 10 minutes, surgery scheduled, using weed for back pain) I was asking, 'why on Earth announce this before the fight?' Even if he wasn't trying to get out of the fight and didn't think that would happen, why let your opponent know? I think Ben is on the money here.

What would be hilarious is if some other fighter, like Aldo, tried to do this if he gets injured again and the AC is like, nah you can fight.

Cain is lucky he is a former champ who was once pushed pretty hard in various markets. It will ensure that there will pretty much always be someone willing to sign a contract to fight him, especially a younger/lower ranked opponent. However, if Im a fellow vet and/or ranked even with, or slightly higher than, Cain, why on Earth would I want to fight him? Spending a ton of time and money on a training camp for a fight that is most likely not going to happen is a huge waste.

Rothwell is right on the money here

Back