Rothwell : Cain used Media to get himself pulled from UFC 207

He is right. I was thinking the same thing

Cain knew exactly what he was doing. You dont tell the media or anyone how injured you are prefight. You keep your mouth shut. You also dont want your opponent to know this. Cain wanted to get pulled. He just didn't want to be the one responsible for pulling himself this time.

Cain knew exactly what he was doing. You dont tell the media or anyone how injured you are prefight. You keep your mouth shut. You also dont want your opponent to know this. Cain wanted to get pulled. He just didn't want to be the one responsible for pulling himself this time.

but everyone realizes he is the one who pulled out.....he just used the media to do it......seems like a weak move the week before a fight...i think this actually makes him look worse.....instead of backing out in time to save the show like a professional.....he says something in the media to force the commission to pull him and cancel the fight with no time to find a replacement.....

Cain knew what he was doing. Then he goes on media acting surprised playing the victim card.

Rothwell is always injured too so he can shut the fuck up.
doesnt change the fact of what he said being true. If anything that just goes to show he understands it better

i was very suspicious when he started talking about smoking the reefs.

cain has been around long enough to know USADA doesnt tolerate marijoowana. Rothwell is right that cain didn't seem to want to fight werdum.

I have the same problem Velasquez claimed was the reason for his scheduled surgery. I’ve even had surgery for it. If that was truly his only issue, he’d be cleared to fight. No questions. Pinching of the nerve is uncomfortable as fuck sometimes, but not something that limits movement or would hinder his ability to fight. I’m not sure what his actual problem is, but he lied and I have no doubt he did it knowing full well he’d be pulled.

but everyone realizes he is the one who pulled out.....he just used the media to do it......seems like a weak move the week before a fight...i think this actually makes him look worse.....instead of backing out in time to save the show like a professional.....he says something in the media to force the commission to pull him and cancel the fight with no time to find a replacement.....
Yeah it was scummy but Cain knows he himself has pulled out of way too many fights himself. I can only imagine how Werdum feels. Out of 5 scheduled fights he has shown up for one of them. He used the media and commission to insulate him from blame. The "I wanted to fight, I'm a warrior but they didn't let me." Was the excuse he wanted to use. There is no way Cain is that dumb. He knew what he was doing. He was hoping he would be pulled. Unless he's as dumb as a sack of doorknobs. You dont tell people you're in agonizing pain taking marijuana to deal with it then have a surgery on your back scheduled days after your fight. Lol.

Cain was talking within the context of fighters rights - or lack thereof, and he was very specific that his interest in the fighters association was to get medical benefits for his future. He detailed how many surgeries he's had and the cost of MMA on your body.

It seems likely to me a combination of bad timing and a brain fart - not thinking it through. It's not as though he said this to the media apropos of nothing, it was contextualized around his involvement in a fighters association.

Seems disingenuous to not frame how it happened, and straight up tinfoil to say he was doing it as part of a conspiracy to get pulled.

I seriously doubt it.
I think Cain just does not listen to his body.
Why would he want to walk/limp away from a fight/payday?

Another loss and dude is no longer relevant to the UFC. Cain knows he can't afford another loss.

This will be is second or third surgery on a different body part. Add all of this with the fact that he is old.

Walk away now before the loss. You retain a fight on your contract, potentially regain your health, and no one can hold that loss over your head.

I imagine Cain can live with people giving him shit for pulling out (he's done it so many times before), but I think losing bothered him more.

Everybody knows that's the case, though.

So, he's not fooling anyone.

Ben has been around a long time. He knows how the game works.

The only reasonable thing I can come up with for why Cain would say all that if he really wanted to fight is that he's just not very bright.

tHxwK.gif

please tell me thats Van Damme

"People are also surprised Cain got pulled and that baffles me because it's not surprising at all. He started saying all that sh*t in public knowing he's going to get pulled. Telling the commission you're doing marijuana to manage pain and your back surgery is already scheduled is a surefire way to tell them you're not fit to fight. But that's pretty convenient because now it doesn't look like Cain pulled out and it's the commission who wouldn't let him fight. Cain going public with all that sh*t two weeks before a fight is evidence he didn't want to fight. Don't sit there and tell me you've been in this business for that many years and don't f*****g know how this works. You obviously needed them to pull you out of the fight."

- Big Ben

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/28/...ht-used-media-get-himself-pulled-from-ufc-207

No shit. I wish I could like this post more than once. Bringing facts Ben Rothwell is.

lmao look at those little baby punches

Rothwell was literally trying to stand up while Cain was punching him square in the face. Stopped due to boredom.

Not sure if serious...

Cain was literally outlanding him 27 to 1 when the fight was stopped. Ben landed exactly three strikes the entire fight, while Cain landed 83. It was a mauling...

The man speaks the absolute truth and Cain and his team expected that other fighter (like Cigano)could beat Werdum for him and let the way free.
This is a trick.
This is the second time he's tried this.
If I were Werdum I would not fight this guy any more.

Not sure if serious...

Cain was literally outlanding him 27 to 1 when the fight was stopped. Ben landed exactly three strikes the entire fight, while Cain landed 83. It was a mauling...

Ben isn't a volume puncher, he knocks you dead or chokes you out in an instant. He wasn't even remotely hurt.

Back