Rothwell : Cain used Media to get himself pulled from UFC 207

Can't reeeeeally argue, seemed all this arose from too much chat.

If you want to get on with it do just that

Not a Big Ben fan, but I am a fan of sound logic.

"People are also surprised Cain got pulled and that baffles me because it's not surprising at all. He started saying all that sh*t in public knowing he's going to get pulled. Telling the commission you're doing marijuana to manage pain and your back surgery is already scheduled is a surefire way to tell them you're not fit to fight. But that's pretty convenient because now it doesn't look like Cain pulled out and it's the commission who wouldn't let him fight. Cain going public with all that sh*t two weeks before a fight is evidence he didn't want to fight. Don't sit there and tell me you've been in this business for that many years and don't f*****g know how this works. You obviously needed them to pull you out of the fight."

- Big Ben

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/28/...ht-used-media-get-himself-pulled-from-ufc-207
No kidding??? Big Ben is brilliant isn't he?.....Who couldn't figure that out, is the question......

Last edited:
VyQyyZ.gif

That might even be more cringeworthy than Bethe Correia's weird octagon entrance.

I honestly don't think Cain said it on purpose with an agenda.

Cain doesn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed. Lol

I believe he is just an honest guy who was perhaps a little too honest during an interview and got caught up.

Also, Ben Rothwell is a weirdo.

I'd love to know how many of Velasquez's scheduled fights actually happen.

Caincs my favorite fighter, and I agree with Ben on this. Why on earth would you devulge info on smoking some bud, and needing back surgery, right before your fight?

No way do I think he's ducking Werdum, but it was a way for him to not fight, and not be the one to pull out.

At the end of the day, if someone really can't fight, they can't fight, and W shouldn't crucify him for it, but man, when its rhe same guy over and over that has to keep pulling out, makes you wanna pull your freaking hair out.

Ben isnt wrong. Can you imagine the sherbros going nuts if cain pulled out himself. He basically gave the commission no choice in the matter, then played all dumb as to why they pulled him.

Rothwell is 100% correct. Cain knew the backlash he would receive for backing out with injury AGAIN, so he found a way around it.

Hes right, Cain didn't want to pull out of his 10th fight (or w/e the # is) so he essentially had the commission do it for him. I don't blame him for not wanting to fight Werdum injured, but take it on the chin buddy. You're the most injury prone fighter in the UFC and shouldn't sniff a belt. You started the downfall of Brock, blew up the Mexico plans and put the HW division on hold for like 3 years with injuries. Something tells me he wasn't a big hit over at the Zuffa headquarters.

Big Ben vs Cain next........ oh wait, Cain's always hurt, nevermind.

Back