Ronda Rousey has never thrown a kick in a fight. She can't kick, period.

You should change your name to Meth Damon.

wV1YGpm.gif

My definition of one-dimensional is a little off, I admit that.

What I meant to say is that Ronda is predictable when she fights because when she fights, two things will happen:

(1) Ronda uses her judo, or

(2) Ronda bum rushes in, absorbing some strikes to clinch up, and use her judo.

Ronda is not a well-rounded fighter, and she will never be a well-rounded fighter.

Ronda is, using other women as a standard, a super athlete in a weak women's division.

Ronda should not be on stage with GSP, Silva, even Brock Lesner.

This may be the dumbest complaint against a fighter I've ever seen.

Rousey closes and uses her Judo because nobody has forced her to use another strategy. The times she hasn't sought to win through Judo (Kaufman and Correia) was more due to opportunity and choice than her opponent being able to stop her Judo.

This complaint makes ZERO sense. That would be like watching Chuck Liddell and saying, "Liddell is so predictable. All he does is throw punches and block take downs".

Were you complaining that Chuck Liddell wasn't going to the ground and trying to submit his opponents? Were you complaining that Randy Couture was pushing his opponents to the cage and wearing them down? Were you complaining that Daniel Cormier only looks to clinch and grind? Were you complaining that Shinya Aoki was trying to pull guard and execute submissions?

The only reason that Rousey is somewhat predictable is she is sticking to her greatest advantages. If you're the best in your division at a skill set (take downs from the clinch, transitions from standing to ground, and arm bars), then why would you change your approach when you know that they can't stop you?

You might as well ask Tim Duncan to start shooting from behind the 3 point line, or Shaq to dribble drive, or Steph Curry to start posting up and backing down his opponents.

Only an idiot would expect fighters to go away from their greatest strengths.

Even if Rousey had developed elite striking, she'd have to be a complete moron to not go to her Judo first in 99% of her fights.

I've never seen Ronda Rousey throw, or train kicks. It's just always the same usual judo, and boxing, while her coach just says creepy things to her like, "beautiful", "perfect", and then moan uncontrollably.

Holly can throw kicks, so this is going to be an interesting match-up.

Holly has the boxing, and she's a kicker, so this is the end of Ronda, and her one dimensional MMA skills.

edit #1: not meant to troll, but Ronda is one-dimensional in that I know that when she fights, I know not to expect a headkick KO, and it will be the same judo and punching I've already seen before.

edit #2: Apparently, I forgot that Ronda has thrown kicks in some fights, but this was not known to me. What I mean is that Ronda is not known for kicks, great grappling, great wrestling, or even great cardio. Ronda is known for armbars, and judo, and that is it. When a highly skilled fighter comes along, Ronda is going to lose because she is not an athlete like GSP was an athlete.

She doesn't have Cain's cardio before Werdum.

She doesn't have Vitor's kicks before he got off TRT.

She doesn't have Anderson Silva's finesse before Weidmen.

Ronda isn't facing tough competition, which makes her look so good.

LOL I immediately recall her throwing headkicks at Meisha in the 2nd fight. Fuck you.

This may be the dumbest complaint against a fighter I've ever seen.

Rousey closes and uses her Judo because nobody has forced her to use another strategy. The times she hasn't sought to win through Judo (Kaufman and Correia) was more due to opportunity and choice than her opponent being able to stop her Judo.

This complaint makes ZERO sense. That would be like watching Chuck Liddell and saying, "Liddell is so predictable. All he does is throw punches and block take downs".

Were you complaining that Chuck Liddell wasn't going to the ground and trying to submit his opponents? Were you complaining that Randy Couture was pushing his opponents to the cage and wearing them down? Were you complaining that Daniel Cormier only looks to clinch and grind? Were you complaining that Shinya Aoki was trying to pull guard and execute submissions?

The only reason that Rousey is somewhat predictable is she is sticking to her greatest advantages. If you're the best in your division at a skill set (take downs from the clinch, transitions from standing to ground, and arm bars), then why would you change your approach when you know that they can't stop you?

You might as well ask Tim Duncan to start shooting from behind the 3 point line, or Shaq to dribble drive, or Steph Curry to start posting up and backing down his opponents.

Only an idiot would expect fighters to go away from their greatest strengths.

Even if Rousey had developed elite striking, she'd have to be a complete moron to not go to her Judo first in 99% of her fights.

You took the words right out of my mouth, but my ultimate point, is that Rousey is so predictable every time she fights, yet no other fighters can beat her, then it is the fighters, and the division that is weak.

Ronda Rousey is not the greatest because the division is just so weark, it's ridiculous.

Ronda will do the same thing over, and over in every fight, yet fighters can't stop it, or won't stop it, plus, Ronda has bad knees, so she can't kick, yet fighters still can't beat her. This goes to show that the UFC is milking this cash cow for all its worth, and it goes to show the UFC is aware of this advantage.

Ronda Rousey is great at judo in a weak division. Bethe was never a tried, and true mixed martial aritsts, yet the UFC made her out to be a brawler, which is completely false.

Let's face it, Ronda Rousey is the female version of the one-trick pony that is named Palhares.

LOL I immediately recall her throwing headkicks at Meisha in the 2nd fight. Fuck you.

Yes, others corrected me on this. I wasn't aware she was a kicker because she has really bad athleticism, and is clumsy, and I assumed she just couldn't kick.

This goes to show that when I think Ronda Rousey, I think armbar victory using judo, and that is all. No way do I think she wins like a mixed martial artists such as GSP, or Vitor, or Silva.

Her footwork is a total joke.

Not a huge ronda fan at all, but judging by her current record i do not believe the lack of kicks thrown has affected or will affect her performances and success at all.

Fucking Matt Damon. You can't trust him in space. I fucking said it and no one listened.

You can't trust him on the forums either.

Yes, others corrected me on this. I wasn't aware she was a kicker because she has really bad athleticism, and is clumsy, and I assumed she just couldn't kick.

This goes to show that when I think Ronda Rousey, I think armbar victory using judo, and that is all. No way do I think she wins like a mixed martial artists such as GSP, or Vitor, or Silva.

Her footwork is a total joke.

You're a total joke. First you say she never kicked. False premise. You've actually moved your shitty goalposts a LONG way, from "She has no kicks" to "She's not Anderson Silva." I think you've received quite enough attention, young man.

You're a total joke. First you say she never kicked. False premise. You've actually moved your shitty goalposts a LONG way, from "She has no kicks" to "She's not Anderson Silva." I think you've received quite enough attention, young man.

Dude, it's just that I wasn't aware Ronda Rousey could kick because I've never seen her kick, honestly.

Dude, it's just that I wasn't aware Ronda Rousey could kick because I've never seen her kick, honestly.

Yes, you've demonstrated quite vividly that you're obviously unaware of a lot of things. Maybe starting threads isn't your game.

she is the greatest, in her division... Which is a very weak division, but saying "she can't kick!" isn't the best way of going about explaining why her division is weak. You should have said "she doesn't have to kick!" maybe, but then again there are other great fighters who don't utilize kicks.

Yeah, I should have said, "Ronda Rousey's division is so weak, that she just has to use her judo, and minor boxing to win every fight."

You took the words right out of my mouth, but my ultimate point, is that Rousey is so predictable every time she fights, yet no other fighters can beat her, then it is the fighters, and the division that is weak.

Ronda Rousey is not the greatest because the division is just so weark, it's ridiculous.

Ronda will do the same thing over, and over in every fight, yet fighters can't stop it, or won't stop it, plus, Ronda has bad knees, so she can't kick, yet fighters still can't beat her. This goes to show that the UFC is milking this cash cow for all its worth, and it goes to show the UFC is aware of this advantage.

Ronda Rousey is great at judo in a weak division. Bethe was never a tried, and true mixed martial aritsts, yet the UFC made her out to be a brawler, which is completely false.

Let's face it, Ronda Rousey is the female version of the one-trick pony that is named Palhares.

That's a completely false conclusion. She's the best at what she does because she's one of the best in the world for her weight class in or out of WMMA at what she does.

Did you not see what Demian Maia did to Neil Magny (and SO many others) once it hits the ground? Is that because his division is weak or that his skill on the ground is among the best in the world for his weight class?

You don't seem to understand that even if the women's division was as developed as the men's, it would still be highly unlikely that anyone at 135 would be able to stop her in the clinch, stop her take downs or stop her arm bars.

If you took ALL the 135 women wrestlers, judoka and MMA fighters in the world and stuck them in a cage with Rousey tomorrow, the list of fighters that could stop her when she's in the clinch would still be very, very, very short and even shorter if it's under MMA rules. And that's not because Women's 135 is a weak division (which it is), it's because she's a World Class, Medal winning Olympian Judoka.

Rousey is a world class athlete with a world class skill set that translates extraordinarily well to MMA. And that skill set alone would make her a terror whether you're talking today or 10 years from now. She also happens to be in a division that isn't fully developed.

Would she be as dominant if you dropped her in the Octagon in 20 years? Of course not. Would she still be the Champ? Quite possibly. Would she still be top 5 no matter who comes into women's 135? I think so.

Does that make her the greatest MMA fighter of all time? No. Does it make her the greatest Women's fighter we've ever seen? I would say she has as good a case as anyone. Is she the greatest woman fighter in history? Who knows? History is a really, really long time. However, it's going to be quite a long time before anyone is good enough to even challenge that title as far as WMMA is concerned.

Look at it this way. Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest basketball player that the world had ever seen when he played. It was 3 decades before Michael Jordan showed up and was even considered to be on the same level. Even 5 decades on, Wilt is still considered by some to be the greatest though most now consider Jordan to be the greatest.

Will Rousey hold up as well with the test of time? Maybe. However, just that it's even possible speaks to her significance to the sport of Women's MMA and women's fighting in general.

Last edited:
in reality.... holly will do better than any one else... purely because she has a standard gameplan for ANY fight that is the opposite of eveyone else ronda has fought. she fights at range and isnt afraid to be boring.... so aleast we know it wont be some spazz whirlwind running at ronds screaming.

Yeah, I should have said, "Ronda Rousey's division is so weak, that she just has to use her judo, and minor boxing to win every fight."

GSP's division was so weak that all he had to use was wrestling (a skill he never competed in) and a little bit of a jab.

Anderson's division was so weak that all he needed was just his muay thai and a little bit of BJJ.

Werdum's facing such scrubs that he dominates without even using his BJJ.

How fucking stupid do these all sound?

GSP's division was so weak that all he had to use was wrestling (a skill he never competed in) and a little bit of a jab.

Anderson's division was so weak that all he needed was just his muay thai and a little bit of BJJ.

Werdum's facing such scrubs that he dominates without even using his BJJ.

How fucking stupid do these all sound?

But can you name an instance where a male mixed martial artists took MMA just to lose weight, and then she gets signed to fight in the UFC, and to fight for the belt?

You can't compare men's MMA to women's MMA without ignoring a few key differences. Ronda Rousey is not fighting the best of the best, she is fighting the least best of the least best because women's MMA is relatively new.

None of them dispatch their opponents so easy though, look at the fights you know your being disingenuous. Ronda's using a very limited skillset compared to the fighters you mentioned, her division is weak its obvious. Its not Ronda's fault it just is what it is.

Special fighters make many look ordinary. You wanna ignore it, that's on you. I'm enjoying and appreciating what's happening. Y'all can get caught up in the bashing.

TS is a moron like many others of his brother in arms of notorious Ronda haters. It

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back