Ronda Rousey has never thrown a kick in a fight. She can't kick, period.

im not the one criticizing a professional fighters technique when i have not done anything other than sit on my couch all my life smh why don't you get in the cage with miesha tate and throw better kicks at her i bet she subs you in 1 min

Because all UFC fighters have perfect technique and form right?

I think that your definition of "one dimensional" is a little off. To me, one dimensional in MMA means that you're either only a grappler or only a striker.

In Ronda's case she is a grappler and a striker, she just doesn't specialize in kicks. It's important to note that she is still developing her striking and has only been doing it for a few years now, so there is no reason to believe that she can't work it into her overall game.

That being said, I think that the bottom line is that she doesn't fight at range, so she doesn't really need them. She wants to get close to her opponent because she usually takes them down from the clinch with a throw. So I don't see how adding in a lot of rangy kicks will help her to bring the fight to where she excels.

BJ Penn and Fedor weren't really kickers either. Rampage also doesn't kick.

Because all UFC fighters have perfect technique and form right?

thats not the point the point is who are you to criticize their technique have you even thrown a kick in your life to be talking about her technique smh

Errbod on her so much better than RRR! It's exciting to be in such company!

When do I get to see you fight?!

Why do people say "throw" a kick or punch? Can't it be just kick..punch?

Rhonda will bullrush Holm...get clipped, panick, clinch up, judo throw and armbar. It's really magnificent to see but bitter sweet with the amount of fanboys/whiteknights/haters you have to endure after....but hey - i will go on sherdog after sooo

#nokickingbitch

Honestly George Roop keeps his chin tucked more and throws better kicks than Ronda

I've never seen TS take a bite, but I bet he's great at eating.

Ronda has thrown kicks. Ronda shouldn't throw kicks. Ronda has bad knees and kicking is not fit for her style of fighting anyway.

I think that your definition of "one dimensional" is a little off. To me, one dimensional in MMA means that you're either only a grappler or only a striker.

In Ronda's case she is a grappler and a striker, she just doesn't specialize in kicks. It's important to note that she is still developing her striking and has only been doing it for a few years now, so there is no reason to believe that she can't work it into her overall game.

That being said, I think that the bottom line is that she doesn't fight at range, so she doesn't really need them. She wants to get close to her opponent because she usually takes them down from the clinch with a throw. So I don't see how adding in a lot of rangy kicks will help her to bring the fight to where she excels.

My definition of one-dimensional is a little off, I admit that.

What I meant to say is that Ronda is predictable when she fights because when she fights, two things will happen:

(1) Ronda uses her judo, or

(2) Ronda bum rushes in, absorbing some strikes to clinch up, and use her judo.

Ronda is not a well-rounded fighter, and she will never be a well-rounded fighter.

Ronda is, using other women as a standard, a super athlete in a weak women's division.

Ronda should not be on stage with GSP, Silva, even Brock Lesner.

yeah, the great edmond forbid her to do it

Doesnt matter so much. Look at guys like JDS, Cain, Lawler, TJ, MM, all these guys kick on occasion but still extremely successful fighters.

How informative.

Ronda should start training kicks with Cro-Cop ASAP.

He can teach her a thing or two about how to be successful in the UFC.

In order to maintain an appearance, never put Ronda in the same sentence with a legend. Please. That last stab cheapens whatever glimpse of wit you were sporting until then.

Ronda doesnt kick, apart from when she kicks, also she is one dimensional because she has judo and boxing.

Good job TS
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

My definition of one-dimensional is a little off, I admit that.

What I meant to say is that Ronda is predictable when she fights because when she fights, two things will happen:

(1) Ronda uses her judo, or

(2) Ronda bum rushes in, absorbing some strikes to clinch up, and use her judo.

Ronda is not a well-rounded fighter, and she will never be a well-rounded fighter.

Ronda is, using other women as a standard, a super athlete in a weak women's division.

Ronda should not be on stage with GSP, Silva, even Brock Lesner.

A poster who doesn't even like Ronda proved your entire premise wrong with a couple minutes of image searches. You should stop posting and reevaluate your life. Highly motivated stupidity is not productive.

May have been Schaub that said it but she doesn't run in training because she has bad knees. May be a reason not to throw kicks.

In order to maintain an appearance, never put Ronda in the same sentence with a legend. Please. That last stab cheapens whatever glimpse of wit you were sporting until then.

That "legend" of yours must have gotten some serious jet lag between Croatia and Las Vegas some time in 2007 brotha. Lol

She doesn't have Cain's cardio before Werdum.

She doesn't have Vitor's kicks before he got off TRT.

She doesn't have Anderson Silva's finesse before Weidmen.

She doesn't have flight like superman

She doesn't have telepathy like Professor Charles Xavier

She doesn't have teleportation like goku

She doesn't have invisibility like the Invisible Woman

Back