Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.
What's there boxing records again?

Floyd was fighting a boy who was way smaller.. oh and this boy had never really boxed either.. Floyd has kept big actual boxers like Canelo/Mosley honest with his power..

I am not surprised he can stop a 120lb soaking wet boy in under a round

Yeah this basically, nothing about it looked fixed to me. Floyd was just so confident and it showed what he can do.

i have no idea why people keep ignoring that video you posted a couple of pages back that shows the other angle of floyd dropping him as it should quell any further doubts, but here we are again. <Fedor23>

Yeah. Complete silence when it comes to discussing the details.

It’s not just the fact that the follow-up landed though.

Some people claim that Tenshin was moving strangely after he hit the floor. Of course, they can’t explain what movements were strange, just repeat the baseless claim that he was ‘flopping’, ‘overselling’. What? How?

Was it the hand movement immediately after he was dropped? Was it the fact that he turned over before getting up?

I honestly don’t get how anyone can look at the replay and claim that any of this was unusual.

I’m guessing that bias is making people see what they want to see.

Many guys here hate boxing and Floyd in particular. Some are still caught up in the old Pride vs UFC nerd wars. Some have taken up a position before even reviewing the footage and now just defending their stance because of ego.

I find these threads hilarious because they capture one of the funny quirks humans have; instead of using their considerable intelligence to study facts and apply reasoning, they make snap decisions and use their intelligence to entrench themselves further, willfully ignoring clear evidence.

Hmmm...Jus´curious, which fights were fixed in Pride (besides the obvious Takada ones )...?
Leiko vs Ogawa.

Kickboxer closes his eyes, windmills his arms, and gets tagged on the chin by old judo hero.

Well, early pride fights were allegedly fixed as it came out of professional wrestling circus, but later during the "golden days" there were no fixed fights.
If you suspect that a fight was fixed during fedor, cro cop, big nog era, please let me know which one you think was fixed.
But how does making their biggest star look like an idiot help promote the brand?
OGawa vs Leiko. The only fishy one other than the early obvious ones.

Leiko vs Ogawa.

Kickboxer closes his eyes, windmills his arms, and gets tagged on the chin by old judo hero.
3 things:

1/ I consider that the Leko case has to be a 'complete package':
he only had 3 MMA fights and lost them all under 100 sec. , all on the ground via sub or GNP.
Complete rookie on the ground.
Hence, you have to acknowledge that he either took a dive in all 3 fights, or took none...

2/ If Ogawa could beat Big Daddy, who was a much more legit MMA fighter (not that clueless on the ground), I find it hard to believe that his manager wouldnt trust his chances against a rookie like Leko tbh...
After the Goodridge win, his manager should have been brimmin´ with confidence, realistically...

3/ Finally, somethin´forgotten/overlooked by them fans:

Leko admitted after the fight that he was not in the best of shape.
He underwent surgery for a herniated disc 1 week after the fight.

Floyd vs. Conor was way more fixed than this, thanks to Floyd.

Floyd could have put Conor away in the first, easily. Instead he chose to troll the masses into thinking Conor was “doing great”!. By literally allowing Conor to survive for ten rounds means a shit ton of morons would buy a rematch.

This fight was different because it was a quick and easy nine million dollars. Get in get out.

Floyd vs. Conor was way more fixed than this, thanks to Floyd.

Floyd could have put Conor away in the first, easily. Instead he chose to troll the masses into thinking Conor was “doing great”!. By literally allowing Conor to survive for ten rounds means a shit ton of morons would buy a rematch.

This fight was different because it was a quick and easy nine million dollars. Get in get out.

Bro, I still have arguments with my casual friends who say I git it wrong because "Conor was winning for 8 rounds". Drives me nuts.

Didn't this dude also think Ronda was an elite boxer?
lol this

giphy.gif

OQ4QeVl.gif

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.
None of those guys know shit about boxing. Especially Schaub and Sonnon. LOL@ attempting to use them as credible sources.

I have trained, have followed the sport since 1999, and think the fight was fixed. Many professionals and analysts do.

I and they might be wrong. But calling people "complete idiots" in this context is a stupid thing to say
You are wrong, though. There isn't a logical argument for it being a fix. Rizin paid Floyd a boatload to beat the shit out of and humiliate their star? It's nonsense. And no argument about "Japanese culture" changes that. Not to mention the fight itself: that second knockdown punch is as real a punch as Mayweather has landed in his career.

You think Floyd would agree to lose?

Only way to get "Mayweather" and "RIZIN" in the same sentence is to pay him 9 million for a zero risk, zero effort exhibition. It is OBVIOUSLY fake, and I'm amazed anyone can watch the fight and still think it was real.

I'm pretty sure most of the people who are claiming it's a real fight haven't actually watched it.
100 percent real fight man, lol your either trolling or know nothing about fighting, promotion, betting, or fixed fights.

Where does this theory that floyd wouldn't accept the fight if it wasn't fixed come from?
It wasn't going on his record as it was an exibition fight and it doesn't go on official records.
Floyd is 50:0.
Every one of these fights was a threat to his record. Did he ask for the conor fight to be fixed as a condition to actually take it? It was a risk for his undefeated record.
And now he pockets 9 million by taking an exibition 3-round fight (floyd goes more rounds just to warm up) which wouldn't go on his record, against a total novice who was 20 pounds lighter, and some people claim that floyd would've never taken the fight unless it was fixed?!

Japan does a lot of worked fights, so it definitely could have been a work especially with the flopping and over the top crying. If it was the result still would have been the same in a legitimate match, or a more devastating KO because like you said the weight difference was huge and Tenshin has no professionally boxing experience.
who benefits from the fix in your opinion?

Where does this theory that floyd wouldn't accept the fight if it wasn't fixed come from?
It wasn't going on his record as it was an exibition fight and it doesn't go on official records.
Floyd is 50:0.
Every one of these fights was a threat to his record. Did he ask for the conor fight to be fixed as a condition to actually take it? It was a risk for his undefeated record.
And now he pockets 9 million by taking an exibition 3-round fight (floyd goes more rounds just to warm up) which wouldn't go on his record, against a total novice who was 20 pounds lighter, and some people claim that floyd would've never taken the fight unless it was fixed?!

This is so true. Some absolutely batshit crazy mental gymnastics people are willing to engage in to make sense of the ‘fix’ theory.

Back