Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

And how do you convince tenshin to take a dive?
He's a real fighter, undefeated and a star in Japan.
He's worked his ass off to be where he's at. He's not an actor.
Oh, tenshin, we're gonna pay you a little bit more money, we want you to make a fool of yourself.
Just ask yourself this. Would conor have taken a dive against floyd if he'd been offered more money?

Sakakibara is known to have yakuza ties. When he was president of pride, there were all kinds of rumors from the fighter about shady shit going on, fight fixing, etc. I doubt Tenshin would argue with people he knows to be dangerous. I doubt it took much convincing for him to not try to hurt Floyd and take an early dive in a fight he probably knew he wasn't going to win anyway.

If it was a real fight? Absolutely. Floyd wouldn't risk tarnishing his record by being out of shape against a "tiny Japanese kid who never boxed before" in an actual fight where the other guy was coming to win. He only had 10 lbs on the guy.
It wouldn't go on his record, that's why it was exibition .
"Exibition fight" means it's not official it doesn't go on anyone's record

Last edited:
It wouldn't go on his record, that's why it was exibition .
"Exibition fight" means it's not iffioffi, it doesn't go on anyone's record

I get that. You think Floyd wants a video of him getting caught with something crazy by "a little Japanese kid that never boxed before" floating around anywhere. Whether it would be on his record or not doesn't matter. If the outcome wasn't predetermined, he would've been in shape. He wouldn't want to risk it. He knows how fights can go. He was in shape for Conor because that shit wasn't predetermined, and I'm sure he expected to easily outbox Conor.

Honestly, who cares? It's the best boxer of our generation against an undersized kickboxer who isn't even the best in his weight class. The fight was so irrelevant, it makes no difference to me.

Sakakibara is known to have yakuza ties. When he was president of pride, there were all kinds of rumors from the fighter about shady shit going on, fight fixing, etc. I doubt Tenshin would argue with people he knows to be dangerous. I doubt it took much convincing for him to not try to hurt Floyd and take an early dive in a fight he probably knew he wasn't going to win anyway.
Well, early pride fights were allegedly fixed as it came out of professional wrestling circus, but later during the "golden days" there were no fixed fights.
If you suspect that a fight was fixed during fedor, cro cop, big nog era, please let me know which one you think was fixed.
But how does making their biggest star look like an idiot help promote the brand?

ClassicGreedyConch-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

NeedyCelebratedAfricanpiedkingfisher-max-1mb.gif
Tenshin should train more with WWE

I think there's a big difference in a "fixed" fight and a guy giving up and looking for a way out.

Well, early pride fights were allegedly fixed as it came out of professional wrestling circus, but later during the "golden days" there were no fixed fights.
If you suspect that a fight was fixed during fedor, cro cop, big nog era, please let me know which one you think was fixed.
But how does making their biggest star look like an idiot help promote the brand?

Chael is a massive troll, but there's a degree of truth when he talks about Wanderlei only having one real fight in Japan against Charles Bennett. Ask the fighters. It's a small community and they all know stuff like that, especially the guys that have been around for a while.

Pride was shady until they sold to zuffa. I'm sure there were plenty of fixed fights throughout the history of pride. I don't know of anything specific, but there are rumors, and where there's smoke, there's fire.

Having their guy get beat doesn't effect them, because Japanese culture is different. He fought like a warrior and went out his shield will be the narrative there. He won't lose credibility in Japan.

Floyd was the play. They wanted a big American star to come over for that show for publicity. Mma is more popular in the US than anywhere else. They wanted mainstream exposure in the US.

It was worth one of their popular guys looking like a chump because look what's happening right now. We're still talking about it. Rizin got main stream media coverage in the US because they got Floyd on their NYE show. Check the views of that fight on youtube. Rizin had coverage on every major sports website, news show, or celebrity news show that would report on what Mayweather is doing. It cost them $9 mil, but that's a small price to pay for the amount of media coverage that came with it.

Only complete idiots who doesn’t know combat sports thinks this wasn’t fixed.

Chael is a massive troll, but there's a degree of truth when he talks about Wanderlei only having one real fight in Japan against Charles Bennett. Ask the fighters. It's a small community and they all know stuff like that, especially the guys that have been around for a while.

Pride was shady until they sold to zuffa. I'm sure there were plenty of fixed fights throughout the history of pride. I don't know of anything specific, but there are rumors, and where there's smoke, there's fire.

Having their guy get beat doesn't effect them, because Japanese culture is different. He fought like a warrior and went out his shield will be the narrative there. He won't lose credibility in Japan.

Floyd was the play. They wanted a big American star to come over for that show for publicity. Mma is more popular in the US than anywhere else. They wanted mainstream exposure in the US.

It was worth one of their popular guys looking like a chump because look what's happening right now. We're still talking about it. Rizin got main stream media coverage in the US because they got Floyd on their NYE show. Check the views of that fight on youtube. Rizin had coverage on every major sports website, news show, or celebrity news show that would report on what Mayweather is doing. It cost them $9 mil, but that's a small price to pay for the amount of media coverage that came with it.
In his last fight, Chael suffered a first round knockout at the hands of the man he was accusing of having fixed fights in pride lol
Based on you what you wrote it doesn't seem that you actually watched pride.
Go watch Mirko crocop almost decapitated wanderlei Silva in pride. That looked fixed yeah sure lol.
About the japanese culture being different, there is a half-japanese guy on this forum, he lives in japan and he said this theory is bullshit and it absolutely hurt tenshin because he actually didn't fight like a warrior but got taken out in an embarrassing fashion.
Mainstream media coverage in the us means shit if your main guy looks like shit. Nobody in the us likes bums and losers.
We're talking about if the fight was fixed, that's not the kind of storyline you would want for your risin' promotion.
To sum up, there's zero sense to fix a fight to make your main star look like a bum, that just means your whole promotion is a bush league.

I have trained, have followed the sport since 1999, and think the fight was fixed. Many professionals and analysts do.

I and they might be wrong. But calling people "complete idiots" in this context is a stupid thing to say

I hear u.
I’m in the same boat.
Thing is I’m not quite sure either way.

Part of it looks real from this angle, and yet parts of it doesn’t from that angle. I mean that figuratively and somewhat literally.

I feel like I’m watching a replay was it a catch or not in the nfl slow mo and what not.

Is it possible that both the outcome was predetermined and that Floyd really did whip his ass ? Yes.

Cuz it fucking wasn't. Tenshin got slammed in the head 3-5 times for the 1st and 3rd knock downs. The 2nd one was an uppercut that damn near lifted him in the air. And floyd is way bigger. Dude hits hard.

tom-hardy-bane-1-759.jpg

For you.

Back