Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.

Chael and Schaub say controversial shit just to be controversial. Ariel doesn't know shit about fighting and Rory... I don't know what Rory said about the fight but he should know better than anyone when you get hit by a bigger guy it has a different effect, look at his last fight. He barely did better against Mousasi than Tenshin did against Floyd.

Nothing like people commenting on it with absolute certainty. I don't fucking know if it was fixed nor do I think it would have changed the outcome but Tenshin trying to get up was bizarre looking.

It’s just that I can’t think of a single example of a fight that looked like that outside of the WWE

There are not many examples of a top10/top20 boxer of all time fighting vs a non boxer that's 30 lbs heavier either I presume.

@JoeyJoeJoeJr

Plenty of knockdowns like what you take issue with
BEHOLD

I just cant get past the fact that Tenshin looks like a bad actor in there with the flailing. I could see plenty of potential motivations for doing it but at the end of the day I'm willing to admit that it's also possible it happened that way, I can't rule that out. Yet, I've never once called a fight a fix in all my years of watching any form of fighting, so if I'm feeling this way, and others are feeling this way, there is a reason.

Has Rogan looked into it? Has Young Jamie even pulled it up? Just saying...

You're a legit dumbass how can you say you've trained and not know when someone is being lit up lol. This kid got starched.

Honestly it's really fucking weird and makes me think you got dropped as a kid or how do you explain being this dumb?

I have a PhD. What have you ever done in life?

Last edited:
I don't know about McDonald but guys like Helwani, Sonnen and Schaub are indeed complete idiots who know absolutely nothing about boxing, which is what they are talking about here.

I think a lot of it comes down to the fact many MMA fighters like to think that their boxing skills are good enough to hang with top level pro boxers. Not that they can win of course, but that they could at least be competitive with them. When nothing could be further from the truth and they just don't want to accept reality.

They know absolutely nothing about boxing? They are professional fighters.

Ariel never said it was fixed, it was the opposite, he was making the case that RIZIN had nothing to gain from this scenario and would fix it so Tenshin would look good, instead.

The other 3 are idiots. 2 life time morons who turned out to be trolls part of the MMA media, and a fighter with CTE who has been taking multiple beatings in the last years.
I dont think chael is a moron....

Only complete fucking idiots and trolls are calling this fight fixed, just stop you're embarrassing yourself

What is really embarrassing is your sense of confidence when there is a credible case for the opposite view. Grow up.

I really find it really endearing to see Sherdog posters calling professional fighters, people with higher degrees, and professional analysts "complete idiots". I'd like to see their salaries, training background, analysis record, or academic credentials.

Last edited:
I think people are just underestimating 2 things:

1) The size difference

I've weighed everywhere from 120 lbs to 200 lbs via weightlifting. Floyd was 10 lbs heavier than Tenshin. That doesn't sound like a lot. At 135 lbs though, that is A LOT. 135 lbs -> 145 lbs means more than the difference between 180 -> 200 lbs. Why? Because at 130 lbs, you're a little bitch. You can't hurt a fly. When you're that small, every 10 lbs adds a whopping layer of meaningful strength difference. A 180 lb man though like Dan Henderson can KTFO the biggest man on the planet. People are understimating just how huge Floyd's size advantage was.

135 -> 145, you actually gain strength. 180 -> 200, you don't really gain much more strength; a 180 lb man can lift about as much as a 200 lb man, can lift about as much as a 300 lb man. You just gain more mass to put behind the punch. Floyd was MUCH STRONGER than Tenshin.

2) How elite boxers are

I don't care what anyone says. MMA guys are a different level of athlete than kickboxers. And boxers are a different level of athlete than MMA guys. No one wants to admit it but the skill level of elite boxers is something that MMA hasn't reached yet. We think guys like Anderson Silva have deceiving power because of their accuracy. Floyd takes that accuracy to another universe. That glancing shot that looks like it shouldn't hurt is RIGHT ON THE FUCKING BUTTON precise.

1st knockdown looked fake, other two were legit.

The problem with that first knockdown, is that Floyd's back is covering what happens when he throws that right hand follow-up. And therefore, most people think that the second shot missed.

Here's a clip showing a side view of the sequence. In it, it is clear that the second shot a) lands b) is a hard, concussive blow, which did all the damage, precipitated his fall, and caused his head to bounce off the canvas. It was a hard fucking knockdown.

I don't think that the pro fighters calling this a fix have spent any time reviewing the different bits of footage, or even putting much thought into what they saw. I don't think they're stupid. They just don't have the time for trivial shit like this.

On a side-note: I'll bet that 99% of you think that Tenshin landed a nice left that snapped Floyd's head back to kick things off. Well, think again...

Again: people are quick to make up their mind, and will spend hours arguing that their version of events is right, despite evidence to the contrary being readily available via a 5 minute google search.

I don't know if it was fixed but it was bizarre. The first knockdown and the way Tenshin flopped around was very suspicious looking. Following that tho, he definitely got cracked and is a tiny good. I heard that he was supposed to not hit Floyd that hard, Floyd was going to carry him, but as soon as Tenshin hit him, Floyd said "all bets are off, I got to protect myself and put this boy away".

I don't know if it was fixed but it was bizarre. The first knockdown and the way Tenshin flopped around was very suspicious looking. Following that tho, he definitely got cracked and is a tiny good. I heard that he was supposed to not hit Floyd that hard, Floyd was going to carry him, but as soon as Tenshin hit him, Floyd said "all bets are off, I got to protect myself and put this boy away".

Watch the clip I’ve posted above. The knockdown was 100% legit.

That aside, I really don’t understand what you guys consider ‘flopping’. The only odd movement he makes on that first KD, is the wave of the right arm as he is trying to get up. But if you think about it for two seconds, you can easily understand why he does this: he thinks that the ropes are within reach and is trying to grab them.

There is nothing unusual about what happens afterwards. He turns over and proceeds to get up from there, because it’s easier to do it this way after you’ve just eaten two shots and had your head bounced off the canvas.

I think it was more like Tenshin knew he couldn’t compete so he just jammed it up to get out of their early. It also could have been some slimey Yakuza betting on the round thing

I also don’t think Mayweather himself was involved in the possible fix, example: he look surprised when Tenshin dropped and was flopping from a rabbit punch

It doesn’t always take 2 fighters to fix a fight

Someone post a good angle in slo-mo of the final "knockdown" cuz from here it looks like a ghost punch/delayed punch selling.

I especially like the flailing of the arms and legs in the second gif after the knock down. It was bad acting, but good enough to fool ppl on this website
yeah nothing to do with the equilibrium being knocked off balance.

yeah nothing to do with the equilibrium being knocked off balance.

Excuses: Boxers punch like the Hulk, lbs of advantage for Floyd, chicken dance is normal, Tenshin a pro kickboxer got knocked out of balance by grazing punches.

Never addressed or acknowledged: Tenshin was obviously hamming it up at times, last knockdown doesn't make sense.

Sorry, but it looked fixed, especially the way Tenshin was flopping around. The punches definitely landed, but they didn’t appear that devastating.

They probably worked something out to end it quick for Tenshin, without him getting seriously hurt and both earning a lot of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back