Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

Excuses: Boxers punch like the Hulk, lbs of advantage for Floyd, chicken dance is normal, Tenshin a pro kickboxer got knocked out of balance by grazing punches.

Never addressed or acknowledged: Tenshin was obviously hamming it up at times, last knockdown doesn't make sense.

Kinda does address it when you know the effects on your equilibrium being rocked by an undefeated heavier boxer, never see someone get rocked and then get back up and stumble around afterwards? not sure why it's so hard to believe. this is all besides the fact that it wouldn't make sense to make their flagship fighter look as bad as possible.

Of course it's fake. Those that have the audacity to get emotional and say if you think so you don't know fighting are the ultimate dunning Kruger suffering hypocrites out there.

You cannot watch a few hundred fights and not watch this and have it smack you in rhe face that it bears more resemblence to a film fight scene than a real fight.

Perhaps they haven't seen tenshins other fights or Floyd's and don't realise how absurd this was in comparison. Silly naive children.

Of course it's fake. Those that have the audacity to get emotional and say if you think so you don't know fighting are the ultimate dunning Kruger suffering hypocrites out there.

You cannot watch a few hundred fights and not watch this and have it smack you in rhe face that it bears more resemblence to a film fight scene than a real fight.

Perhaps they haven't seen tenshins other fights or Floyd's and don't realise how absurd this was in comparison. Silly naive children.

don't be so daft you must be on the fuckin spectrum to think it's fixed. notice it's people who seem dyslexic like brendan schaub who believe it's fixed? wake up.

Floyd would never take a fight like this unless the outcome was guaranteed. It was an exhibition. It gave rizin the most publicity they have ever got. Win-win. There are some seriously delusional people on here who throw fits when what they believe is questioned. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just because you think something doesn't make it so, and just because you throw some childish insults doesn't mean your right.
How do you make an undefeated fighter and a star in Japan take a dive?
Tenshin is a real fighter. Fuck what floyd would want or not want.
Do you think conor would take a dive against anyone?
Or floyd, or any legit fighter?
Aside from not making any sense from Rizin's promotional standpoint, how come people think that tenshin would actually accept to do this?

Kinda does address it when you know the effects on your equilibrium being rocked by an undefeated heavier boxer, never see someone get rocked and then get back up and stumble around afterwards? not sure why it's so hard to believe. this is all besides the fact that it wouldn't make sense to make their flagship fighter look as bad as possible.

Their flagship fighter is virtually unknown, now at least people know who he is.

ffs. it's been almost 2 weeks and the geniuses are still en masse insisting that rizin's wanna-be superstar took a dive for no apparent reason... in an exhibition match. against a vastly superior boxer that would beat him 99.999999% of the time, anyway.

i mean, ffs. what's more believable:

- best p4p boxer swiftly wrecks 0-0 arrogant boxing n00b
- 0-0 arrogant boxing n00b with delusional coaches (boasting about breaking boxing records and having boxing titles within 2 bouts) can't possibly legitimately lose against the best boxer of this era, so he takes a dive in an exhibition match of an mma org... for no apparent reason, since the dive hurts his career and rizin's and i can't find a single reason why floyd would pay him off for it.

What exactly should have happened in that fight if it wasnt fixed?

Tenshin knocks out Floyd?
Tenshin goes the distance but gets dominated?
Tenshin goes the distance and its a close fight?
Tenshin goes the distance and dominates?

I feel like the likeliest of all scenarios transpired and people still calling bullshit
Great point.
Had tenshin gone full three rounds, the same people would say it's fixed and that floyd got more money to carry him and make him look good instead of taking him out in the first round

Looked legit to me <Lmaoo>

7dulm6fh4esz.gif

I have trained, have followed the sport since 1999, and think the fight was fixed. Many professionals and analysts do.

I and they might be wrong. But calling people "complete idiots" in this context is a stupid thing to say

Yeah you’re completely wrong

It looked fixed to me. I'm not saying it needed to be fixed for Floyd to win, but the knockdowns looked VERY exaggerated.

Observation 1 - Floyd didn't train at all. He looked fat, and he even said he didn't train at all.

Observation 2 - Tenshin was overselling the shit out of every knockdown.

Observation 3 - A lot of people are now talking about Rizin, which I believe was the intended purpose.

It looked like a $9 million dollar commercial for Rizin starring Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. If it wasn't fixed, and Floyd didn't know he would win, he would've been in shape. Floyd is an ego maniac. There is absolutely no chance he would ever show up to an actual fight out of shape. He would not give himself a chance to get caught with a wild punch, period.

I know it was technically an exhibition, but he had to know people were gonna see it. There's no way he would risk losing by not being as sharp as possible. I say it looked fixed. Japan is known to fix fights, and this wasn't even an actual fight. The whole purpose was to get more eyes on Rizin, which worked. Floyd gets paid, Rizin gets exposure. Everybody wins.
Floyd is always in shape.
He had way tougher sparrings in tmt gym on his casual workouts.
Three rounds is nothing to floyd.
You thought he was gonna have a full training camp for three rounds against a tiny japanese kid who never boxed before?

I have a PhD. What have you ever done in life?

Again, it’s funny how on a board that tears Jack Slack a new one all the time, how upholds a random, anonymous Youtuber who calls himself “theWeasel” as an expert, for doing the exact same thing, except in video form.

What if we change the word "fixed" to "predetermined"? I get it. To say "it was fixed" insinuates the guy that won wasn't expected to win.

Imagine this scenario...Rizin comes to Floyd and says, "we want you on our NYE card.". Floyd says, "I'm retired. I'm enjoying retirement. I don't feel like training for a fight. You can't afford me. I'm not interested." Rizin comes back with, "What if we told you that you don't need to train?" Floyd says, "I'm listening". Rizin says, "We will pay you $9 mil to promote Rizin. You'll have an exhibition with one of our guys. He'll go down in the first. We just want to promote our brand world wide. You're a big superstar and we believe you can give us some good exposure. We don't want to damage your reputation or try to embarrass you." Floyd says, "Ok, sounds good. See you in December."

I believe it was more of a business transaction than anything else.
And how do you convince tenshin to take a dive?
He's a real fighter, undefeated and a star in Japan.
He's worked his ass off to be where he's at. He's not an actor.
Oh, tenshin, we're gonna pay you a little bit more money, we want you to make a fool of yourself.
Just ask yourself this. Would conor have taken a dive against floyd if he'd been offered more money?

This whole fixed fight debate is a distraction from what really should have been discussed.

Why is Floyd boxing someone under MMA label?

We already know he is good enough to outbox someone who has no professional boxing experience at top level.

We already seen him in boxing plenty of times.

Whats intriguing about fights like this, honestly? Why should anyone be excited to watch?

Not much of a discussion to be had. The Japanese have a long tradition of freak show fights and they brought Mayweather for a NYE freakshow fight. Floyd is pretty much retired and the fight was an exhibition fight... we all know he won't be fighting real MMA.

It's not really a risk to fix the fight. It was just an exhibition.

No way Mayweather throws away his undefeated record in an exhibition, for a tiny fraction of his usual payday.
It wouldn't go on his record, that's why it's called exhibition

Floyd hits hard boys, nothing to see here.

Dude is light years ahead of anyone

Floyd is always in shape.
He had way tougher sparrings in tmt gym on his casual workouts.
Three rounds is nothing to floyd.
You thought he was gonna have a full training camp for three rounds against a tiny japanese kid who never boxed before?

If it was a real fight? Absolutely. Floyd wouldn't risk tarnishing his record by being out of shape against a "tiny Japanese kid who never boxed before" in an actual fight where the other guy was coming to win. He only had 10 lbs on the guy.

Why is it so hard to believe that one of the GOATs of boxing beat up on a guy from another sport (albeit in a different striking based one) who was also under sized and far less experienced that him?

Back