Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

In his last fight, Chael suffered a first round knockout at the hands of the man he was accusing of having fixed fights in pride lol
Based on you what you wrote it doesn't seem that you actually watched pride.
Go watch Mirko crocop almost decapitated wanderlei Silva in pride. That looked fixed yeah sure lol.
About the japanese culture being different, there is a half-japanese guy on this forum, he lives in japan and he said this theory is bullshit and it absolutely hurt tenshin because he actually didn't fight like a warrior but got taken out in an embarrassing fashion.
Mainstream media coverage in the us means shit if your main guy looks like shit. Nobody in the us likes bums and losers.
We're talking about if the fight was fixed, that's not the kind of storyline you would want for your risin' promotion.
To sum up, there's zero sense to fix a fight to make your main star look like a bum, that just means your whole promotion is a bush league.

I have the whole pride collection on dvd. I've watched plenty of pride fights. Whether Chael lost to Fedor or not has nothing to do with the rumors of fight-fixing that almost everybody knows about.

I didn't say EVERY fight was fixed. Nobody said EVERY fight was fixed. Pride went out of business for a reason. They were notorious for shady business practices, including fight-fixing. How do you go from selling 50-90,000 tickets per shiw at major arenas, the most popular mma organisation on the planet, the biggest and best roster of mma fighters in the world, to millions in the hole in a couple of years? Word got around that pride wasn't 100% real in Japan. Now, the guy that ran pride runs rizin.

I guarantee rizin isn't doing well right now. Sakakibara tried to break into the us market when pride was gasping for air too. It obviously didn't work because look at what happened. Pride 32 was their first US show in october 2006. Pride 33 was their 2nd US show in february 2007. Their next, and last show, was in april of 2007 and they didn't even sell 25,000 tickets at saitama super arena if I remember right. They regularly sold twice that every time they went there for years.

You don't have to believe fights were fixed in pride. Ask the fighters. It's part of the reason they went out if business, and the same guy that ran pride runs rizin.

he hits hard? he has like 3 legit KOs out of 50 fights
26. 26 kos if you don't count mcgregor or tenshin. And most of those at lighter weight classes. He was giving up 10-15 lbs in all his later fights. And even those guys expressed surprise at how hard he hit.

I have the whole pride collection on dvd. I've watched plenty of pride fights. Whether Chael lost to Fedor or not has nothing to do with the rumors of fight-fixing that almost everybody knows about.

I didn't say EVERY fight was fixed. Nobody said EVERY fight was fixed. Pride went out of business for a reason. They were notorious for shady business practices, including fight-fixing. How do you go from selling 50-90,000 tickets per shiw at major arenas, the most popular mma organisation on the planet, the biggest and best roster of mma fighters in the world, to millions in the hole in a couple of years? Word got around that pride wasn't 100% real in Japan. Now, the guy that ran pride runs rizin.

I guarantee rizin isn't doing well right now. Sakakibara tried to break into the us market when pride was gasping for air too. It obviously didn't work because look at what happened. Pride 32 was their first US show in october 2006. Pride 33 was their 2nd US show in february 2007. Their next, and last show, was in april of 2007 and they didn't even sell 25,000 tickets at saitama super arena if I remember right. They regularly sold twice that every time they went there for years.

You don't have to believe fights were fixed in pride. Ask the fighters. It's part of the reason they went out if business, and the same guy that ran pride runs rizin.
I already said the fights were being fixed during the early days of pride, and the rumors are about that period, not the "golden days."
Just look at how many pride fighters became UFC champions.
The Pride went down because major tv channels refused to re-sign the contract because Yakuza was involved in pride. (That doesn't mean the fights were fixed.) There is no ppv in Japan, they're financed by big tv stations, which pulled out after a big Yakuza scandal and pride collapsed financially.
I don't understand why you bought a DVD pride collection if you believe they were fixing fights.
If you can point at one fight during the golden era of pride that you believe was fixed.
So rizin is not doing well at the moment and the solution was to have their biggest star totally embarrassed and schooled to the point that the whole promotion looks like a bush league filled with bums

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.

Lol at that group. Schaub a retard, Ariel says whatever will stir up controversy and Rory and Askren are trolls

Please quote what I’m wrong about...

You said I was completely wrong.

Among the things I said was that I didn't know if I was right, which is true, that I have followed the sport for long, and that many analysts and commentators think it was fixed.

Those are all true statements. So I couldn't be completely wrong, by definition, since "completely" means there is nothing that was right about what I said.

Since you misused "completely", and since your one claim was false, it is a pretty good conclusion to say that you don't know what you're talking about.

Astonishing to see opposing arguments to something so obvious. Both sides are so certain. Suddenly geopolitical fucktard conflicts are beginning to make more sense.

Again, it’s funny how on a board that tears Jack Slack a new one all the time, how upholds a random, anonymous Youtuber who calls himself “theWeasel” as an expert, for doing the exact same thing, except in video form.

People are braindamaged in general on this site.

Rogan is a self admitted idiot what do you expect?

If you seriously think this wasn't fixed you need to re-examine your life, you're probably doing a lot of things wrong.

It was definitely fixed, this is why it's called an "exhibition boxing match" and doesn't count in fighters records.

Has anyone explained why if this was a fixed fight, Floyd won?

because:

humans-cat-cathistory-memegenerator-net-32657713.png

It was an exhibition. It doesn't go on anybody's record. It's not sanctioned. It was entertainment. I'm sure there were guarantees made that word would never get out.

Again, I'm not saying Mayweather wouldn't win in a real boxing match anyway. I'm saying he wouldn't have only taken $9 mil for having another man legit try to take his head off. He also wouldn't have come in fat and out of shape if it was real.

Guarantees? They put in writing that it was a fixed fight? If not, then there is no way in hell that Mayweather would risk fixing a fight and tarnishing his reputation for $9M. Going in and actually fighting an amateur boxer who's 2 divisions smaller is a better idea in this case.

So many guys calling the knockdowns fake. Not one of them can point to what was fake about them.

To say that Tenshin was ‘flopping around’ or that ‘the knockdowns looked staged’ is just throwaway bullshit, unless you can point to which exact movements made no sense.

As is typical for conspiracy theorists, you don’t want to break things down or explain you exact reasoning, because a) you haven’t made the effort to consider the facts b) you are afraid of presenting something concrete and having it debunked.

It was definitely fixed, this is why it's called an "exhibition boxing match" and doesn't count in fighters records.

No, the only thing that defining it as an exhibition does, is establishing that it will not go on the fighters’ official records.

But just as it is the case with sparring matches, an exhibition can be friendly, or it can be a very real fight. It all depends what the intent of the fighters is, and that can even change mid-fight.

Hmmm...Jus´curious, which fights were fixed in Pride (besides the obvious Takada ones )...?

Last edited:
So many guys calling the knockdowns fake. Not one of them can point to what was fake about them.

To say that Tenshin was ‘flopping around’ or that ‘the knockdowns looked staged’ is just throwaway bullshit, unless you can point to which exact movements made no sense.

As is typical for conspiracy theorists, you don’t want to break things down or explain you exact reasoning, because a) you haven’t made the effort to consider the facts b) you are afraid of presenting something concrete and having it debunked.
i have no idea why people keep ignoring that video you posted a couple of pages back that shows the other angle of floyd dropping him as it should quell any further doubts, but here we are again. <Fedor23>

Im usually a huge Rogan critic, but he's in the money here. For the people saying May didn't land during the first knockdown, renew your prescription. Floyd landed a left hook followed by a either a 1-2 or 6-3. Just crazy hand speed.

I mean def LOOKED fixed...I have seen all punches in every angle...It still looks fishy....Admitted fuck all knowing boxing analyst but it fails my eye test.

(I wear prescription glasses btw)

>jamie, pull that video up of that gangbang I was at
>yeah the one with the bath salts
>anyway Joey so I was saying about DMT, it’s th- you got the video?
>fuck
>look at them tear my ass apart
>it’s a fucking massacre dude
>it’s like a group of sweaty chimpanzees

Back