Media Robert Whittaker Posts a Update.

View attachment 1068915

View attachment 1068916

Good god man I hope he’s ok i honestly wouldn’t be too surprised if he hangs them up after this injury.

He’s a legend down under and we would be forever grateful for him representing us in a humble classy manner through and through.
Disgusting that he isn't a household name here just like Volk and instead our media push cokehead gambling addict rich assholes from AFL and NRL on to kids as "heroes"

Romero was crying watching this fight
Romero fell in love with his hands too much imo I think Khamzat while not having as many accolades in wrestling is a more complete mixed martial artist with his legit submission game.

Disgusting that he isn't a household name here just like Volk and instead our media push cokehead gambling addict rich assholes from AFL and NRL on to kids as "heroes"
Yeah the news cycles are all about Cricket and AFL which makes sense because we’re good at cricket and AFL is the biggest sport here.

Outside of online publications and ESPN I don’t really see MMA coverage on mainstream news here.

"my teeth has moved on"
so it was his teeth which were paid for losing the fight

I’m not sure where he goes from here. He’s only lost to three guys at middleweight, two of them being champions, but each time he gets knocked down, it feels like the mountain he has to climb becomes steeper
He's getting older and that was a pretty devastating injury, dude has a ton of mileage on him as well

In terms of title runs, I think that's it for him. Since losing to the title, he's had three streaks to build himself back into either a title fight(Izzy rematch) or some sort of title eliminator(DDP and Khamzat)
He could definitely collect a few more cheques, but I think he's gonna start struggling more to stay within the top five. We'll see tho, I think he's proved enough and would get it if he decided to retire within the next year or two

I feel similar about Izzy with his current status, altho his climb back wouldn't be as long(most likely would only need a single win to get another shot)

Side note: While I did pick Khamzat to beat Rob by finish, I was kinda bummed out how short the fight was. I wish it at least went into the second round so we could see a little bit more of what both guys had to offer

Let's be honest : he seems in very good health. So much for people calling to ban sherdoggers about Rob taping too quickly.

I’m not sure where he goes from here. He’s only lost to three guys at middleweight, two of them being champions, but each time he gets knocked down, it feels like the mountain he has to climb becomes steeper
He's getting older and that was a pretty devastating injury, dude has a ton of mileage on him as well

In terms of title runs, I think that's it for him. Since losing to the title, he's had three streaks to build himself back into either a title fight(Izzy rematch) or some sort of title eliminator(DDP and Khamzat)
He could definitely collect a few more cheques, but I think he's gonna start struggling more to stay within the top five. We'll see tho, I think he's proved enough and would get it if he decided to retire within the next year or two

I feel similar about Izzy with his current status, altho his climb back wouldn't be as long(most likely would only need a single win to get another shot)

Side note: While I did pick Khamzat to beat Rob by finish, I was kinda bummed out how short the fight was. I wish it at least went into the second round so we could see a little bit more of what both guys had to offer

Being a Rob fan is hard sometimes man

Good god man I hope he’s ok i honestly wouldn’t be too surprised if he hangs them up after this injury.
What injury, after all it is not anything that problematic, just some broken teeth. Whittaker is great, pity he did not survive first round to see more....

Happy that he is ok and has the same spirit - I experienced that fight like I was fighting.

Last edited:
That's how his teeth repay him from staying away from soft drinks?

That’s even more terrifying lol

I found an elbow that I posted about last night thinking that might've been it

Yes, go spend time with the family, but don’t be back soon. Getting back soon after such a loss could be horrible. Take some time off.
Disagree.

All things considered, Rob didn’t take alot of damage. Look at his home? You want him to move to the hood in ten years? These guys have a short window to earn enough bill money to survive life after fighting.

See you soon hopefully Rob

Back