How to fix YouTube

blaseblase

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
YouTube has the worst search function out of all websites. Which is surprising, since its owned by Google, which got popular in the first place for having the best search algorithm. Any time you search for something, the first few results will be what you want. But then it will start showing you completely irrelevant results in a nefarious category called "people also watched". Sometimes these are awful recommendations, you could be searching cat videos and they will decide to recommend you some animal being murdered. Things you never asked for and never wanted to witness. Shock channels have figured out the algorithm for "people also watched" and gotten their disgusting videos into the search results.

The fix is to type before:2025 prior to every search. This reverts YouTube search back into what it used to be, before it starting sucking. Back to actually showing you what you searched for. Its insane that this isn't the default. I've come around to the dead internet theory in the past year.

YouTube has the worst search function out of all websites. Which is surprising, since its owned by Google, which got popular in the first place for having the best search algorithm. Any time you search for something, the first few results will be what you want. But then it will start showing you completely irrelevant results in a nefarious category called "people also watched". Sometimes these are awful recommendations, you could be searching cat videos and they will decide to recommend you some animal being murdered. Things you never asked for and never wanted to witness. Shock channels have figured out the algorithm for "people also watched" and gotten their disgusting videos into the search results.

The fix is to type before:2025 prior to every search. This reverts YouTube search back into what it used to be, before it starting sucking. Back to actually showing you what you searched for. Its insane that this isn't the default. I've come around to the dead internet theory in the past year.

If you go to history, you can see what you searched for in the past. I don't know if that's what you are referring to.

My YouTube only recommends gangsta rap, idiot drivers and pimple popping videos, don't seem broke to me
Try searching a gangsta rap song and scrolling the results, eventually it will start feeding you some bullshit. Probably this:

1730034723708.jpeg

And I bet you didn't even ask for the pimple popping videos, you just happened to be the weird dude who likes that shit.

What's the last cool short video you saw?
I tend to dislike and "don't recommend this channel" any and everything I don't like.
So I get a ton of building shorts, tools, and animal videos.

Just have to stay consistent disliking and getting rid of shit sir.

Try searching a gangsta rap song and scrolling the results, eventually it will start feeding you some bullshit. Probably this:

View attachment 1068948

And I bet you didn't even ask for the pimple popping videos, you just happened to be the weird dude who likes that shit.

First of all, Pooh Man is dope, I bought that tape from Rock Bottom Records when it was first released, sucks that its not available on streaming, its not as good as Life Of A Criminal(which was a Bay Mobb masterpiece) or Judgement Day but I'd still like to listen to it once in awhile on our walks

And I absolutely love pimple popping videos, thats why I searched for em in the first place, I also like watching hoof cleaning videos from this guy called The Hoof GP, he's Irish

I think youtubes algorithm is strong tbh.

I get super stuck watching those shorts they added. It's addicting.

The shorts are really good for discovering new channels you might enjoy, I found The Why Files and Wilderness Cooking from the shorts

Back