----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score

Short video goes straight to topic

Diaz wins with cardio....

Never heard anyone say that

I'll offer my personal original opinion: throw leg kicks

If it lasts long enough for cardio to be a factor lol

He talks of Nate filling out and fighting good at 170 now but doensnt mention Mas doing the exact same thing. Dude is hittin hard as fuck now and is filling out looking like a WW.

I like Bobby but he really needs to fight more instead of talking.

Jorge has good cardio too, is everyone forgetting that or something?? In fact he has better cardio than what Diaz displayed in his last fight.

Fighters always show love to Nate

Only the fans are like "just a journeyman, look at his record"

Take notes kids

Jorge has good cardio too, is everyone forgetting that or something?? In fact he has better cardio than what Diaz displayed in his last fight.
Its not going to the ground....that much we know...

Nate put an insane pace on Pettis in that last fight

Not sure what you were watching

He got tired because he went full sprint straight out the gate for a three round right

Versus more endurance in a 5 round right. Different sort of cardio / approach

Diaz said he got tired, is that really all people are going by? he obviously has different standards for himself than most fighters in that sense. I barely noticed any slowdown

Diaz wins with cardio....

Never heard anyone say that

I'll offer my personal original opinion: throw leg kicks

Nate reached his final form.. he finally learned to check kicks in his last fight and mangled Pettis legs by doing so lol

Masvidal fought evenly and arguably won a fight over 5 rounds against Benson when he was one of the most well conditioned fighters in the world

Cardio has never been an issue for him. Nate got beat up by Benson and wasnt able to overwhelm him and he wont here either

Jorge can wrestle him, box with him, kick his legs, keep up the pace etc.

I think this is gonna be a one sided but entertaining fight. Kinda like a mix of the RDA and Benson fights against Nate tho not as much mat work

Diaz said he got tired, is that really all people are going by?
I didn't even know that he said that. Just from watching the fight he looked tired after round 1 was over.

Just saying, I picked Nate to win that fight... Pettis doesn't have good cardio and he wilts under pressure. Diaz just didn't look good - that's the truth. His clinch fighting was great, but other than that he didn't look impressive. I guess we'll see Nov. 2nd.
431251-14914082.png

Masvidal fought evenly and arguably won a fight over 5 rounds against Benson when he was one of the most well conditioned fighters in the world

Benson is generally a point fighter, and that fight looked like sparring. Its easier to manage your energy when the dance partner isn't out to stop you.

Nate got beat up by Benson

Wonderboy out classed Masvidal and literally styled on him.

Pettis knocked out Wonderboy.

Nate just dominated Pettis.

Styles make fights.

Jorge can wrestle him, box with him, kick his legs, keep up the pace etc

Everyone made a big deal of how Pettis was going to destroy Nate's legs, and he's legitimately one of the best kickers in the sport. Nate checked his leg kicks, and one of them was timed so good it damaged Anthony's foot and put him out of the fight.

Nate has been checking leg kicks in his last several fights, its weird people keep talking about it like its a magic freebie.

I think this is gonna be a one sided but entertaining fight. Kinda like a mix of the RDA and Benson fights against Nate tho not as much mat work

I honestly can't think of a fight where Nate was out classed on the feet. You had a nice KO kick from Thompson years ago, but its an outlier. Generally Nate wins a war of attrition if you want to kickbox with him.

Masvidal isn't much of a wrestler, but his counter wrestling is outstanding. Over 5 rounds, he's going to be in danger if he plans on fighting to finish.

Cardio has never been an issue for him. Nate got beat up by Benson and wasnt able to overwhelm him and he wont here either

Jorge can wrestle him, box with him, kick his legs, keep up the pace etc.

The benson fight happened 7 years ago

Mma math from 7 years ago, prob not very accurate. Nate has evolved and is simply a better fighter at 170. Same can be said for Mas

Jorge definitely doesn't have any Cardio issues. Obviously Nate can push a higher pace than most though and it's the sort of the volume heavy wars of attrition that the Diaz bros somehow manage to draw you into that is the most tiring.

Benson looked like a slow sparring match of sorts, hard to really compare that to a Diaz fight

I didn't even know that he said that. Just from watching the fight he looked tired after round 1 was over.

Just saying, I picked Nate to win that fight... Pettis doesn't have good cardio and he wilts under pressure. Diaz just didn't look good - that's the truth. His clinch fighting was great, but other than that he didn't look impressive. I guess we'll see Nov. 2nd.
431251-14914082.png
when you say he didn't look good, you're exclusively judging his boxing at range.

Problem is, there was never any intention on fighting there. The whole game plan was to take away his kicks, those punches were often nothing more than setups to get into the clinch, work his boxing on the inside, dirty box, lean and push the pace on Him. Mixed in with s bit of wrestling and jits

He looked good the only place where it really mattered, where he game planned to be and most of his training centered around.

For me I don't think his boxing at range looked great either, but he looked Great everywhere else. Those combinations at the end of the 2nd were vintage Diaz bro shit.

If he fought someone like Mas or another boxer, someone where he didn't have to be concerned about kicks so much.. You'd see a much better Nate at range akin to his fights against Conor, MJ etc. but his training and gameplan was entirely centered around not fighting there in the first place

People who are judging Nate from that, saying his boxing looked like shit or whatever, clearly aren't seeing the bigger picture

Back