Robert Whittaker, Scared to Death of...

Americans have fucking Bears and mountain lions cruising around the suburbs going through bins and they lose their mind over our shit. I don't get it.
Bro, a bear is big, and loud, and they aren't in your home. You can see and hear them coming. These spiders are in your home, silent, and tiny, and one bite and its goodnight Irene. Also the bear to spider ratio is probably 1:10,000

GOODNIGHT IRENE!!!.

michael-schiavello_pose.jpg

Nice reference

I’ll let it pass because it’s venemous but typically despise people who kill shit needlessly. That goes for bugs.
I live in Edmonton. I’ve lived in NOVA. I’m very familiar with the fauna. And so opposite it is in VA. As compared to central, AB.

I let all kinds of critters to live, and let live (True story.. If I’m walking on a sidewalk by myself.. I look down so that I don’t step on any crawling insects accidentally).

But in VA, and AB.. There aren’t super poisonous insects. I got a spider a little bigger than the one in the OP. It was where my friends kept their wine. So, I just put on good leather work gloves (I was always doing renos to the house. So gloves weren’t an issue). I finally got her onto my open palm. I say her because in the Arachnid world. The females are often times bigger, and more aggressive.

Just caught it, and released it back outside in the backyard.

But rodents.. There was a superior apex house predator, and protector of the inner sanctum. An purebred Ocicat (the smaller, and domesticated relative of the Ocelot). Very beautiful cat. Her name was Sheena.

There was a pet door leading outside, into the backyard. She was always leaving her trophies all over the house. Walking along, and stepping on a mouse head. Or the ass end of a Chipmunk. Once very sadly.. A female Cardinal. They mate for life. But their nests are sometimes too low.

I don’t have any pics on this phone. But they are a beautiful breed. Similar to the Ancient Egyptian Mau.

This pic is pretty close to Sheena.

1708899155467.jpeg

Then when I came back to Canada, I got my 3 legged cat. He is pure badass. An amazing mouser.

His name is Fluffy..

1708899842822.jpeg

Anyway..

Live and let live with insects. But Mosquitos, and Flies in the house die, immediately. Fuck that. That’s my domain. And fucking VA. One night about 4 am I went outside to smoke. It was already about 85 on the way to 100 degrees.

I was barefoot. I stepped on a huge slug on the porch. Biggest one I’d ever seen at this point. Like 4” or some shit. Fucking nasty squishing between my toes. I always wore shoes outside of the house after that.

Back