Road House Cancelled???

Rin Nakai would make a better movie badass than either.

The little dwarf-ess who could.
th

Who
Supposedly according to a source who is close with the Director/Writer of Road House, the film has yet to even be written in full. Rumours that the film is going to be cancelled.

My source was a retweet from FrontRowBrian on Twitter - Presumably you guys know who he is. Partner of Tom Lawlor on their podcast, pretty reliable source, but a well known troll.

Thoughts? Is it all falling apart for Ronda...?

Partner of Tom Lawlor? Who's that?

not cancelled, ronda's just been re-cast. Instead of being the bouncer, she's going to be this fat chick who sits at the end of the bar playing video poker. She only has one line now too: "You call these chicken wings? sheeeeeeeiiiit."

She should be re-cast as the villain.
The bull-dyke muscle for the pimp who lives across the lake from Holly, who bullies all the weak girly-girls; until Holly finally gets her one-on-one in the parking lot and bashes her face against the fender of some blue Ford monster truck.

according to a source who is close with the Director/Writer of Road House, the film has yet to even be written in full.

I have read somewhere that her part on Roadhouse was going to be changed to a much less significant role.

If the script isn't done there's nothing to base the size of any role on.

If the project is falling apart, it probably has less to do with Ronda's fall from grace than general development problems that movies have. It's been in development since December 2013, so 2 1/4 years of the studio paying someone for writing a script that allegedly still isn't done. As it stands, she's still listed as the only attached star even on IMDB pro.

As far as Ronda's standing in the industry, and her career as an actor, she's still ranked 1,100 on IMDB which puts her in the ballpark of Jason Segel, Jamie Foxx, or Clive Owen. So if you can see any of them having the star power to still carry a movie, then Ronda conceivably still could as well. EDIT (for clarity's sake): she's not likely to be offered roles as good because she's not as good an actor, I'm only speaking about star power and the ability to channel interest towards a movie.

Well it was a stupid idea to remake that movie anyways

..... Unless it was starring the Rock

Supposedly according to a source who is close with the Director/Writer of Road House, the film has yet to even be written in full. Rumours that the film is going to be cancelled.

My source was a retweet from FrontRowBrian on Twitter - Presumably you guys know who he is. Partner of Tom Lawlor on their podcast, pretty reliable source, but a well known troll.

Thoughts? Is it all falling apart for Ronda...?

It was never a believable story. Not in the slightest. To have a woman, any woman being a bouncer of some sort in a tough, red neck bar is far fetched. No woman alive can handle 300lb red neck bikers. sorry, but to all you white knights, but ronda would get picked up and thrown. Nobody would go see it, cause it's a fantasy...

Patrck Swayze is rolling over in his grave.. Back into his normal comfort position from which he rolled from upon hearing of this movie being considered in the first place.

Btw, Holly would make a better movie bad-ass than Ronda.

Swayze, could actually act. He had charisma on screen. Which is what made that movie watchable. Wasn't the greatest actor, but he had some ability and he had the looks...

Kinda funny that Roadhouse is all about da kicks

That's what I've always thought was incredibly ironic as well. It's been a while since I've seen it , but doesn't Swayze's character throw a massive roundhouse kick to KO the bad guy at the end?

Im not surprised some things take a different route now, i mean all the hype is now gone.

I have read somewhere that her part on Roadhouse was going to be changed to a much less significant role.
I thought that was the other movie. The one with "Marky" Mark without the funky bunch

Edit: I read somewhere that her role went from the lead to a supporting role.

Will probably go down as one of the greatest knockouts ever. Both literally and figuratively
Completely agree. Perfect ending too seeing that Holm was so dominant. While I am quite sure that Dana disagrees I think that KO should make the PPV opening montage. Perhaps right in front of Belfort\Silva.

Road House? Thought it was Big Momma´s House 3..

I was thinking this may happened. It didn't seem a good fit after her brutal KO loss.

Patrick Swazey didn't get KO'd by anyone prior to his legendary role !

giphy.gif

It was never a believable story. Not in the slightest. To have a woman, any woman being a bouncer of some sort in a tough, red neck bar is far fetched. No woman alive can handle 300lb red neck bikers. sorry, but to all you white knights, but ronda would get picked up and thrown. Nobody would go see it, cause it's a fantasy...
To be fair, Swayze was 5'10 and weighed what in Road House? 150? I agree that neither of them could be successful bouncers but Ronda is probably bigger, stronger, and infinitely more skilled than Swayze.

I still think the movie is a horrible idea though and would never watch it. I love the original though!

I thought that was the other movie. The one with "Marky" Mark without the funky bunch

Edit: I read somewhere that her role went from the lead to a supporting role.

Ohhh my mistake then, i was thinking about that one.

I was thinking this may happened. It didn't seem a good fit after her brutal KO loss.

Patrick Swazey didn't get KO'd by anyone prior to his legendary role !

giphy.gif

I have watched that movie a couple of times and i didnt noticed how lame that kick was LOL.

Completely agree. Perfect ending too seeing that Holm was so dominant. While I am quite sure that Dana disagrees I think that KO should make the PPV opening montage. Perhaps right in front of Belfort\Silva.
tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Back